• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

Not sure if we've ever seen Giovanni in that light before. Meowth's fantasy scenes get weirder and weirder in ever episode, which is delightful.
What else meowth's ganna think next, Giovanni taking a bath BUFF with a bunch of Aipons! lol

And it's not PokeShipping, that's Ash x Misty btw.

Then what is Ash x Dawn and Ash x New Girl (Lyra) then?

JohnLee

What an awesome episode, huh?
Lyra just keeps getting better and better. In the last episode she planted the seed in Dawns brain about liking Ash or Khoury and in this episode she pushed it even farther. Haha. This gible was very strong. The very end was hilarious with gible and totodile having a manly rock-to-the-head competition.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Kinda cool to see a Gible, though I prefer to see Ash catch one. The Boss idea by Meowth never failed to entertain. Also found it a little funny how Piplup always got itself caught in the fishing rod.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Wow, I'm surprised so many people had the incorrect pronunciation all this time. I mean, I guess you can get "Gai-bull" from spelling alone, but given how its name stems from "Nibble", I thought it was a little more obvious than I gave people credit for. Oh well.

Last edited:

~AussieWonder~

I really enjoyed this episode. Lyra and Khoury are fantastic characters, in fact, the writers really should consider them as potential Dawn and/or Brock replacements. Seeing Gible for the first time was cool.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I loved this episode because it showed a lot of the Pokemon world which I like. Lyra is so much fun, I really hope she meets Paul or Barry, I'm pretty sure either encounter would be very amusing.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Wow, Ash actually wants to catch a Pokemon. Shocking. Okay, so they leave Brock behind to help Nurse Joy heal some Pokemon, which I'm sure she could have handled herself. Then Ash and co. run off to capture the rogue Gible and Ash is really excited about this for some reason.

Ash and Khoury both use their Water Pokemon to try and capture the land shark Pokemon. Lyra tries to get Dawn to date Kourey, but towards the end of the episode she realizes that Dawn and Ash really care about each other (because Dawn yells at Ash) and then she realizes thats how she acts towards Khoury...

The seperation is the gave was mucho symbolic. Anyone who has studied literature could tell you that. Dawn was alone until Ash came and found her and then Khoury saved Lyra which made her realize that he was some admirable qualities. It seems as if the writers are pushing for JohtoFestashipping and Pearlshipping.

Anyway, Khoury ends up catching Gible. The end.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Basically I already said everything about this episode when it first aired in Japan.
I think you still remember how furious I was when I had learned that Ash didn't catch that Gible. Now that I know the English names of said Gible's moves, I'm overjoyed that he DIDN'T get it, believe it or not. (Yeah, I've got to admit that I didn't know Khoury's Gible's moveset back then and that I had to rely on what people told me instead. But I wouldn't have understood the Japanese terms anyways...)

If you just compare the different movesets of the two Gible, you won't have any difficulty finding out which of them is definitely better:

Khoury's Gible:
Rocksmash
Strength
Sandstorm
Dig

Ash's Gible:
Rocksmash
Dig
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

So I guess there's no need to make a secret of which Gible is the better one. ;)
And once Ash's Gible will have given up his clumsy behavior (which will certainly happen very soon), it'll be the superstar of Ash's team and every Pokemon episode featuring it will be just epic and a pleasure to watch.

To cut a long story short: I agree with dman_dustin totally:
dman_dustin said:
I didn't like Gible's move set very well, and I'm glad Ash didn't catch it, Khoury can have this one.
Khoury, who pretty much is a standard random character who doesn't knock your socks off deserves a rather standard Gible, while consequently Ash only deserves the best.

As for the shipping stuff: I couldn't care less. The motif of love has never been of any importance in Pokemon (except for very few rare cases which were mostly sub-plots though). The writers should stick to that principle, because all the great trainers so far have been presented as being absolutely stoic about love issues (between humans, of course). And that's how it should also be in the future, because topics like love or relationship problems would only distract from the main plot and the main goal of Pokemon and would turn the series in a boring cookie-cutter soap opera.
I guess we don't want that, do we?

As for the Gible debate again: With regard to that fantastic Pokemon Ash is going to catch soon, I can only say: All's well that ends well!

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
Am I the only one besides S.Suiken who's been pronouncing Gible correctly? lol.
Anyway this was a good episode it was so funny when Ash and Dawn started shouting at each other they hadn't done that in awhile. Gible and Totodile will certainly have killer headaches tomorrow lol.

NES

Flip me to the side!
I like Khoury showing more backbone in this one, and Lyra keeps teasing Dane about boyfriends, i liked these characters.

-What's up with Meowth and his homoerotic fantasies about Giovani, the purple speedo and all lol.
- Of course Dawn, what the hell was doing Piplup in the ground?
-Fishing with leaves as bait, lol
-Lyra points out how Khourey sucks for cooking, that's just mean!
-I like how Dawn and Khourey are fighting to reel that Gible while Ash and Lyra watch silently without helping, she even has time for that nonsense going over her head. Awesome.
-Ohh my, THAT kind of argument going between Dawn and Ash. Lyra gets her amusement of course.
-Oh Lyra don't be such a crybaby! "someone rescue me" "i'm cold and hungry" ¿seriously? she's been alone for like 4 minutes haha!
-Gible and Totodile are show offs!

Lyra should get another chance in the future, and the first impression we got from Khoury was that he was boring, but now that i understand what he says he is fun too, they both interact a lot with Ash and Dawn. I actually like how you can't notice Brock is not around, yet the 4 trainers and their pokemon get time to shine.

One of my favorite episodes from now on.

Last edited:

Geodude

Yeah the Gible pronunciation was obvious, since Gible, Gabite, and Garchomp partially come from the words nibble, bite, and chomp.

Surprisingly, the Trapinch in this episode keeps its Japanese voice, even though its name (Knuckler) is completely different in Japanese.

Vipsoccermaster

I just watched this episode. Getting lost in the cave was minor, but they all escaped. Fishing for Gible was weird, fish for land Pokemon? Seriously?

Khoury, on the other hand, did pretty well catching Gible with Totodile's help.

Finally at the end, it was hilarious when Team Rocket was being chased by a Sharpedo, in which they thought was Gible.

Meowth: Sharpedo Alert!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I watched this episode. Gible was a good surprise although it is not Ash's Gible.

And I'm happy with Totodile's VA. I loved his volice in the english dub.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And I'm happy with Totodile's VA. I loved his volice in the english dub.

I'm pretty sure Totodile's VA is the same one that did Ash's.

Yep, it was Kayzie Rogers doing Totodile's voice. She also did the voice of Ash's Totodile in the past and Lyra's Marill in this episode. She's been working on the PUSA dub since the Battle Frontier episodes. So really there's not much difference between the two Totodile's, it's voice shouldn't be too surprising :p

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Same.. I really don't like how it's pronounced.:(
Wait... how are you pronouncing it?

Wow, I'm surprised so many people had the incorrect pronunciation all this time. I mean, I guess you can get "Gai-bull" from spelling alone, but given how its name stems from "Nibble", I thought it was a little more obvious than I gave people credit for. Oh well.
People were pronouncing it as "Guy-ble"... what? I've been pronouncing it "Gibble" since I read the name. Then again, I was hoping it would have a slightly higher pitched voice (partially from how it sounds in game).

Khoury, who pretty much is a standard random character who doesn't knock your socks off deserves a rather standard Gible, while consequently Ash only deserves the best.
And Ash's has it's "Piplup tracking DM" that for some reason, it hasn't mastered as of yet. And loves to eat things...

Am I the only one besides S.Suiken who's been pronouncing Gible correctly? lol.
Nope, like S.Suikun I'm rather shocked that everyone was saying "Guy-ble". It sounds like a forced pronounciation, really.

Yeah the Gible pronunciation was obvious, since Gible, Gabite, and Garchomp partially come from the words nibble, bite, and chomp.
Or, it should have been...

Also, the whole "standing on a rock while fishing for Gible" reminded me of Jaws with the whole fishing thing and being "dragged", so to speak; and Tremors for having to stand on a rock for safety, albeit temporary. Even if it wasn't intended, I still found that amusing.

C_L

V Faction

www.faction.com
There's only one wrong way to pronounce Gible's name.

And that's if you were calling him "Jibble" after the word giblet, which uses a J-sound.

How you get a word that rhymes with 'bible' is beyond me.

What about the episode? Loved it. And that's because Gible was an idiot.