• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Riveting Rivalry! (931)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Oh god was it really necessary to give Pikachu both wins instead of Noivern /Goodra? Goodra vs Slurpuff should've been a win on Goodra's site.

Battles were good but I would've done it different.

2 draws is at least better than fall guys, 3 for one match would be straight BS.

Noivern drawing Salamence was alright. Salamance is always presented as strong in the animé.

The previously unbeatable Goodra drawing against Sawyers Slurpuff, who has been presented as weak throughout it's run, is plain wrong...

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Oh god was it really necessary to give Pikachu both wins instead of Noivern /Goodra? Goodra vs Slurpuff should've been a win on Goodra's site.

Battles were good but I would've done it different.

I think it was to prove a point that Sawyer could not simply depend on a Pokémon that was designed to counter one of Ash's to give him the win.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I think it was to prove a point that Sawyer could not simply depend on a Pokémon that was designed to counter one of Ash's to give him the win.

Kind of why I was hoping that Ash would win 2-0 with Pikachu in the back, the only Pokemon left standing would be the ones Sawyer couldn't counter.

Akashin

It's impossible to pull off in a realistic way now. They have to pull some bull**** for Ash to win the finals.

I don't see it happening anymore...

Why? Unless for whatever reason Greninja and Charizard aren't pulling up the rear, we know Ash will be getting that far (and with Alain's reliance on Charizard, his other Pokemon only being at roughly the same level as Ash and Sawyer's other Pokemon is hardly unrealistic). At that point it all comes down to who's stronger between those two, and it doesn't sound like this episode did much to undermine Greninja's chances there.

nuzamaki90

Every battle was amazing except Goodra VS Slurpuff. That was just bad. Maybe because Bide has gotten stale and needs some innovation but yeah, it was just a cheap way for Goodra to get blasted by Slurpuff. I don't know how Slurpuff got some sudden power boost and how Shota changed its moveset in just two episodes or why we needed two draws but okay, Omode. Whatever you say.

Everything else was just fan-damntastic. The lust, the chuuni poses, the animation, the music, and all the faces filled with such intense emotion made the battle for me. A really fitting end to this student-teacher-like rivalry.

Oh and that Double Team-infused Water Shuriken? Priceless. Sceptile's gonna need a new tail.

RickHoenn

Banned
Greninja DOMINATED Mega Sceptile, I have no worry that AshGreninja is on par with Alain's M Charizard X and the giant orange shuriken is reserved for it. :p that was awesome and the battle overall is one of my favorite of all time, Ash & Sawyer had a great rivalry :clap: definitely a 10/10. :D

PAndrews

Kind of why I was hoping that Ash would win 2-0 with Pikachu in the back, the only Pokemon left standing would be the ones Sawyer couldn't counter.

In all honesty, it technically was a 6-3 battle, since outside of plot stupidity there was no reason for Ash to leave Talonflame battling Clawitzer or send out Pikachu against Sceptile (he already knew about lightningrod and its Mega evolution, so using anything but his own "mega" made no sense). Both were clear plot induced stupidity moments just to make it come down to Greninja vs Sceptile (pretty much like the 2 forced draws).
They might as well have just had a 1v1 match, since this was basically Greninja vs Sceptile. At least Greninja completely wrecked Sceptile (it wasn't even close)

Soniman

Break the Limit
They might as well have just had a 1v1 match, since this was basically Greninja vs Sceptile. At least Greninja completely wrecked Sceptile (it wasn't even close)

Wow really? I haven't seen the episode but that's really what they did with the Greninja vs Sceptile matchup that's CONSTANTLY HYPED IN THE OP??? If so wow that's disappointing

Also disappointing, apparently two draws because the writers were strapped for time. Yikes this needed to be at least 2 and a half parts.

Hopefully its not as bad as it sounds when I'm actually watching it

Pteranodonte

They skipped alla the rounds for this ********? That battle was rushed as hell, with only Talonflame, Pikachu and Greninja getting actual wins. I hope that there will not be fall guys in the next battle.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Zard X vs Zard Y:
My thought:"God that was underwhelming"
Forum: "Wait till next ep!"

Tierno vs Shota:
My thought:"It was ok, but could have been a lot better"
Forum: "Wait till Ash vs Shota!"

Ash vs Shota Part 1:
My thought: "Decent, but not great"
Forum: "Wait till part 2!"

Ash vs Shota Part 2:
My thought: "I was told part 2 would be way better. It was only slightly better."
Forum: "Wait till Ash vs Alain!"

Here we go again....

Soniman

Break the Limit
Zard X vs Zard Y:
My thought:"God that was underwhelming"
Forum: "Wait till next ep!"

Tierno vs Shota:
My thought:"It was ok, but could have been a lot better"
Forum: "Wait till Ash vs Shota!"

Ash vs Shota Part 1:
My thought: "Decent, but not great"
Forum: "Wait till part 2!"

Ash vs Shota Part 2:
My thought: "I was told part 2 would be way better. It was only slightly better."
Forum: "Wait till Ash vs Alain!"

Here we go again....

Yeah all zero people who've said that in this topic can get annoying.

Zya

ロバート
Ash and Greninja got Sawyer crying at the end of that?! Damn. That was one hype battle, the battles before that were a bit rushed but that Sceptile vs Greninja made up for that imo.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Ok actually yea forum was the wrong choice of word my bad.
It's youtube that keeps saying this over and over again, and it's getting to my nerves :/

At this point id just say that even if Alan and Ash was great it cant salvage a pretty underwhelming League, you need more then one battle to do that lol

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pikachu using a chunk of terrain to stop King's Shield was very unique, good thinking there at least Ash.

Noivern and Salamence get into a charge fest, eventually taking each other with Dragon Rush vs Acrobactics, this Tie I can accept, since while Noivern didn't win, it's showing growth signs by at least tieing with a Psuedo Legendary.

Slurpuff vs Goodra is probably the lowpoint of the episode, Goodra's gotten rusty and Ash needs to stop using Bide, because of that we get another draw that unlike the previous one is flat out weird.

Sceptile finishes Pikachu off, but that's a no brainer since Pikachu is tired.

Ash-Greninja just wrecked Mega Sceptile, even though it got in a few hits, it couldn't slow the frog down at all (I never thought i'd see someone use cut to tear through a frenzy plant attack), it only made it worse with it's suddenly growing Shuriken of death.

Also is it just me, but when Sawyer called for the last Leaf Storm, was he crying?

MegaSalamence05

Overall great fight. Was expecting the double knock out from Noivern and Salamence but not the second one that one left a small bad taste in my mouth. But the animation for Mega Sceptile and Ash Greninja was probably the best we've seen and since Ash did kinda struggle at times it looks like what I feel in the finals is going to happen.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Goodra vs Slurpuff was essentially the only bad part of the episode at least to me.

Overall great fight. Was expecting the double knock out from Noivern and Salamence but not the second one that one left a small bad taste in my mouth. But the animation for Mega Sceptile and Ash Greninja was probably the best we've seen and since Ash did kinda struggle at times it looks like what I feel in the finals is going to happen.

People have got to remember Sawyer's built strategies to counter Ash's pokemon, all of them, we don't know how strong or powerful Alain's other pokemon truly are besides his Charizard.

Just cause Ash struggled abit with someone who's fought him multiple times and had ways to counter most of his pokemon, doesn't mean he's doomed in his next match, because no one fights the same way.

Last edited:

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
At this point id just say that even if Alan and Ash was great it cant salvage a pretty underwhelming League, you need more then one battle to do that lol

Really its a shame, XY had a lot of promise, and then they do this to the league.... a lot of wasted potential, but oh well. Maybe the writers think the league is not important anymore.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Wow really? I haven't seen the episode but that's really what they did with the Greninja vs Sceptile matchup that's CONSTANTLY HYPED IN THE OP??? If so wow that's disappointing

Also disappointing, apparently two draws because the writers were strapped for time. Yikes this needed to be at least 2 and a half parts.

Hopefully its not as bad as it sounds when I'm actually watching it

From the pictures, it seems that Mega Sceptile gave still to Greninja some troubles, so it's not like it was a complete curbstomp battle. Sure, despite type disadvantage, the match was in Greninja's favor, but that's mainly because he is stronger. The aerial battle between Noivern and Salamence seemed fun as well.

From the look of it, though, it seems a very dynamic match, unlike the first part, and I can't wait to watch it.

They skipped alla the rounds for this ********? That battle was rushed as hell, with only Talonflame, Pikachu and Greninja getting actual wins. I hope that there will not be fall guys in the next battle.

Well, Noivern and Goodra tied, so it's not like they were fall guys. Besides, I'd take an half-win over a true loss.