• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Riveting Rivalry! (931)

Captain America X

I would also say better than Ash vs Gary.7 out of 12 pokemon in that battle was taken down in 1-2 hits.And that battle was more Charizard focus than this battles Greninja focus.

The Gary battle did have a much better build up and had a decent amount of switching.

Last edited:

Spartan 117

Just watched the episode, gawd the animations, I just love them! Pikachu vs Aegislash was nice piece of work, Ash using his brain for once instead of spamming attacks is actually great. Noivern vs Salamence. Honestly the way both the mons in the anime are shown to be ridiculously strong, yeah I actually expected a draw or Salamence to win, to be cleaned up by Goodra. Okay, Goodra vs Slurpuff, tie. No, this can't be, Ash that swamp guy gave you the wrong Goodra, call him back ASAP! On a serious note, I wanted Goodra to win, but whatever.

Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Sceptile. Good job on this one, the tension was real, but it felt like AG had the advantage in the whole battle, it would be interesting to know what the gang said about Satoshi Gekkouga. AG dodging Frenzy Plants like a beast thanks to synchronicity, then slashing off the vines (tentacles) like it was nothing was epic. It was interesting to see the shuriken grow even bigger and I expected that orange destructo disc, but it stopped at a certain point which is all right, meaning it's full power is to be unleashed at MC-X. Gawd that double team actually looked intimidating, combining with 100s of AG throwing mini-destructo disc, even Sawyer knew it was his end and he used his last ditch effort and ordered Frenzy Plant, but even that attack was stomped by a charging Shuriken. GG SSS, but you gotta give this kid credit for getting top 4 in first try. Let's hope more from the finale!

Soniman

Break the Limit
The problem with "having fall guys makes it more realistic" argument is that you piss off more people that way when only two Pokemon end up getting the glory

Navin

MALDREAD
T1: Paul
T2: Gary, Trollbias, Leprechaun
T2.5: Tyson, Katie
T3: Morrison, Harrison
-
T5: Cameron

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The problem with "having fall guys makes it more realistic" argument is that you piss off more people that way when only two Pokemon end up getting the glory

Suck it up, that happens in any competitive team activity, especially sports. One player carries the load while another player looks dumb. That's what makes sports interesting. You don't know who is going to step up and who is going to under perform until the match begins. If you know beforehand that all the players will equally contribute, then it becomes kinda dull and boring.

Danny L

Suck it up, that happens in any competitive team activity, especially sports. One player carries the load while another player looks dumb. That's what makes sports interesting. You don't know who is going to step up and who is going to under perform until the match begins. If you know beforehand that all the players will equally contribute, then it becomes kinda dull and boring.

This exchange just proves that no matter how they run the battle someone will always ***** about it

K.N.

Also there's no reason you can't have someone be a "fall guy" (as in, get no wins in the match) but also contribute to the overall match. In fact Paul's strategy was entirely based around having fall guys on purpose to scout out Ash's team. There's other ways you could do it, like when Grovyle chipped away at Metagross, or maybe one of the team members does something to the terrain that sets up for the next guy, someone puts up entry hazards or maybe poisons the opponent etc.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Also there's no reason you can't have someone be a "fall guy" (as in, get no wins in the match) but also contribute to the overall match. In fact Paul's strategy was entirely based around having fall guys on purpose to scout out Ash's team. There's other ways you could do it, like when Grovyle chipped away at Metagross, or maybe one of the team members does something to the terrain that sets up for the next guy, someone puts up entry hazards or maybe poisons the opponent etc.

Or something simple like damaging two or three pokemon via switching would have been good enough. But apparently switching is not a thing anymore.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Omegaz's Opinions: XYZ35

The Good:
- Ash's unique battling style coming into play in Pikachu vs. Aegislash
- Good showdowns in Noivern v. Salamance and Slurpuff v. Goodra (I'm ok with the draws)
- Ash-Greninja domination
- Upgrading of the Ultimate Shuriken (all leading up to the golden shrunken)
- Serena's blush and look of admiration when Ash won
- Overall great battles

The Bad:
- Goodra v. Slurpuff could've had a little more strategy, but still a good battle.

Overall, very good episode.The draws are not bad because it shows the strength of Ash's team to compete well with their counters. Honestly, I have little doubt that Ash will win. They're totally building it up with the shuriken and how it got bigger (this isn't even my final form!!!!) Golden Shuriken hype!!! Anyways, this has been a great league imo. The first episodes weren't great, but this battle has to go down as one of the best of all-time. Ash vs. Alain could be even better!!!

Spartan 117

Heh, just noticed, the clones disappeared as soon as the shuriken got bigger. Could there be any connection between the two moves or just they didn't wanted to **** Mega-Sceptile?

Danny L

Heh, just noticed, the clones disappeared as soon as the shuriken got bigger. Could there be any connection between the two moves or just they didn't wanted to **** Mega-Sceptile?

I think the double team was a decoy so the shuriken could "charge up"/reach that final form without getting hit by a counter attack from MS

It seems the more they fight the stronger the "final" form gets. There's still the glowing head part that we haven't seen yet

Hanto

Water Addiction
Very lackluster and rushed battles, these double knockouts were so meh and boring. I could except such clear sweeps from overpowered Alain, but Shota was shown earlier as very strategic and smart trainer, who, unfortunately, completely lost his personality and turned into Satoshi-decoy without signature originality of main protagonist. 4/10

Captain America X

And then some times you have fall guys whoss only purpose are just to hype up their opponents.In the Gary battle for example,Tauros,Golem,Arcanine and Bayleaf only landed one hit(or no hits at all) and went down without doing anything strategic.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
How does one tie twice in a row? Just how?

Other than that, I'm good with the episode. Sure, Goodra vs Slurpuff could have been done better as well, but I'm good.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
This exchange just proves that no matter how they run the battle someone will always ***** about it

Well of course, we all have different opinions, and that is not a bad thing. If you liked the episode, then hey, that's great, I'll gladly read your thoughts with an open mind. I'll express my thoughts, and you can choose to read it, ignore it, or bash it. I really don't care. If you feel offended, then maybe forums are not the right place for you.

DJACK45

I think the double team was a decoy so the shuriken could "charge up"/reach that final form without getting hit by a counter attack from MS

It seems the more they fight the stronger the "final" form gets. There's still the glowing head part that we haven't seen yet

I rewatched the fight and actually the double team turned into blue energy and seemed to merge with the Water shuriken to make it bigger. I would assume that somehow, the Shuriken is able to absorb moves to make it stronger so maybe when charizard uses blast burn in the Alain match, it uses that same tactic and absorbs it, changing the color.

Vivieeeeeee

Overall it's a pretty good episode. I really like the fact that Pikachu finally carried and knocked out two of Sawyer's Pokemon - that Aegislash battle was funny how the wood prevented it from going into the shield form. However, I'm not too impressed about the two draws - feels like sloppy plot-writing on the writers' part.
The preview got me real hyped for the next episode though, despite it being a filler. Really excited to see Malva again.