• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Riveting Rivalry! (931)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Fierce Rival Battle! Ash-Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

The Semi Finals of the Kalos League rage onwards with Ash and Sawyer both fighting ferociously to get the spot in the finals. As both trainers know eachother well and have battled many times, the battle keeps going in each other's favour. With Aegislash managing to take on Pikachu, it gets tense and when the final matchup becomes Ash-Greninja against Mega Sceptile, the battle will be the toughest Ash has had in a long time. Will Ash manage to get to the final?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Janovy

Banned
Brilliant thinking by Ash. He got rid of Aegislash quickly lol.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, Noivern Vs. Salamence was a draw. Not surprised since expected that.

Goodra's first Bide got countered by Slurpuff's Cotton Guard.

And then we have another double knock-out between Goodra and Slurpuff.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Another draw.

They're really doing this....

I mean come on, two draws?!

nickdt

Lolz. Two draws in one match. They aren't serious are they.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
My goodness, I need to rewatch the whole thing again because of the awful lags which pretty much broke the whole episode battle. If this is just for the Sawyer battle, I can't imagine what the Alain battle would be like considering the anticipation. Regardless, based on what I've seen, the giant Shuriken that Greninja use to defeat Mega Sceptile is still blue. It's not the disco flame of death that we see saw in the Greninja AMV video. That means that's being reserved for the Alain battle.

So it was a 6-5 in Ash's favour? If Sawyer can give Ash such a hard time, I don't see how he will win against Alain.

It's impossible to pull off in a realistic way now. They have to pull some bull**** for Ash to win the finals.

I don't see it happening anymore...

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
So it was a 6-5 in Ash's favour? If Sawyer can give Ash such a hard time, I don't see how he will win against Alain.

Ash Greninja virtually dominated Mega Sceptile. There is no question of who is the stronger Pokémon. Pikachu overcame Aeigslash, allowing Ash to gain the lead over Sawyer. Considering that Hawlucha is need of a win, Goodra and Noivern have yet to gain something that isn't a Double KO, they'll have another shot against Alain.

Because Alain will be saving his Mega Charizard for Ash Greninja. Which Ash won't use till the very end of the match. So Alain will have to play by Ash's terms if he wants to get to that Ash Greninja.

And of course, there is no account of a flaming disc of doom in the Sawyer battle.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
2 draws is at least better than fall guys, 3 for one match would be straight BS.

BlazeKnight7

Shota gave Ash a hard time because

1. Plot Armor, after all the build up to this match if Ash just roflstomped him it wouldn't be pretty anti-climactic
2. Ash did some dumb things like Keeping Talonflame in against a WATER type (why on earth he didn't switch out for Pikachu is beyond me)
3. Shota's whole shtick was that he knows Ash's battle style so he used that to his advantage when building his team and in the battle.

Alain doesn't know **** about Ash's team bar Smogon Frog, it's still plenty plausible for Ash to beat Alain (and plot wise it's the most likely outcome)

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
It's really funny to see how some people think that Ash will lose because he won just 1-0 against Sawyer. Don't you guys watch football or any other sport? Barcelona sometimes struggles with teams in the relegation zone, because these teams prepared themselves to specifically counter their playing style, and yet Barcelona still beats teams like Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

It's the same with Ash vs Sawyer. This guy prepared specifically to counter Ash's team. Heck, his whole team is basically an anti-Ash team. Yeah, it would've been better if Goodra defeated Slurpuff, but that doesn't matter so much.

Alain will try to set the pace in the finals, and this'll allow Ash to shine