• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Ruin With A View! (278)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Mightyena and Team Magma for the 1st time. Torchic vs the Water Pokemon was very funny to watch. It was cool to see an Azurill for the 1st time. It was cool to see Ash telling May that she has to battle the Pokemon in order to catch it.

39/100

RickHoenn

Banned
Great episode, Ash teaching May that she has to fight the poke in order to catch it showed that he was experienced at least unlike BW to be honest I liked this start more. :p

Highlights: Team Magma appearance yay! they appeared early, Ash & May reach Oldale Town yay and Ashy signing up for the Hoenn League, the start of a journey!

10/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I like how Ash is teacher some what to May. I like how they spend time each other too.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I remember being absolutely determined on figuring out how Brock would be returning (this was before I'd begun frequenting fansites). When there's gossip about the new gym leader at Petalburg, I just KNEW it would be Brock, that this would be the business he had to take care of.

...oops.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I wished that guy was in place of Brock. I think I liked seeing his eyes and not have to listen to bad sweet talk every episode.

7threst

This was really a nice introduction to how bad and awesome Team Magma was. It was also nice to see Giovanni assigning Team Rocket to the Hoenn region and I loved the emphasize on May being a rookie trainer. And hey, this is the first time I heard the Hoenn battle music too during the battle at the end with Team Rocket. I always enjoyed hearing that theme.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
A Ruin with a View

Episode two and Ash is already into it with May. I actually didn't have a clue they ever had any scrapes, guess it makes sense since he had some with Dawn and Iris early on as well. I thought it was hilarious the way May was telling Ash how she offered him her help with showing him the way to the next town. It really shows how adventurous and energetic Ash is and how May alludes to how Pikachu baked her bike in the previous episode. I liked how May was pretty ignorant to the idea of out-of-the-ball Pokemon. I enjoyed how May's Pokedex had a feminine voice and going for an Azurill capture right off the bat, but not weakening it first was a nice mistake and it was funny Ash tried to stop her from doing that and explained to it had to be battled and the typical type crap. God, Torchic was so pathetic, Piplup, Pikachu, and Axew were all vastly better off the bat.

Team Rocket being assigned to set up operations in Hoenn and the fact Giovanni is aware that they're spending all their time tailing a Pikachu around the world was an interesting revelation and so that's their "promotion" apparently, also liked Butch and Cassidy. May certainly was hesitant to go to the Petalburg Gym, GEE I wonder why. :p Other than that this episode really for the beginning half might as well have been called a "Ash introduces May to Pokemon" type deal with all the type stuff, capture stuff, Pokemon Center tour, etc. Thus this episode debuted May's obsession with food. Having Team Magma appear so earlier off the bat was definitely a smart thing that AG did, wish the other sagas had implemented this. BW seemed on mend with TP's appearance around the 20's. Arbok and Weezing being forced back into their Pokeballs by Roar from Houndoom shows how uncreative and cheaper attack animation was back then.

I liked how May decided to tag along with Ash so she wouldn't "miss out on the adventure" given early on she seems more like a damsel than an adventurous type. Thought it was weird how all the other trainers seemed to magically disappear during the second-half of the episode. Shame Ash never got to confront the Magma Grunts, probably because Pikachu would get killed by those Houndoom and May would be useless. Though he did a good job of defeating Arbok in about 20 seconds and sending TR flying with ease. I have a bit of a hard time believing all that **** they did lasted to morning time, but oh well. The real treasure of the ruins being Relicanth was lame. I also thought at the end of the episode "Alden, no one gives a **** about your research."

Blessed

Decent episode, it was funny seeing May fail after attempting to catch Azurill. Seeing the 3 evolutions for it was nice, though Pikachu was a bit rude for shocking them. I was surprised that May didn't know anything about a Pokemon Center. Just because Little Root Town doesn't have one doesn't mean you can never go into one. She needs some serious touring, even for the basics. Wow, so sad. Team Magmas debut, they seem really evil and I loved the new Hoenn battle music. The COTD was too basic for my tastes though.

Zamin

This was an exciting episode, those Team magma folks sure are crooks and TR were funny.

It was also funny seeing May failing at Pokemon but I would have liked to have seen her catching that cute little Azurill

Ketchup and Pikachu together again at long last! :)

It was cool how Ash was mentoring May in what to do before catching a Pokemon.
The debut of Team Magma. These guys seem interesting. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I found May's attempt to catch the wild Azurill to be really endearing; it was just nice seeing a beginner trainer in action. Her Torchic was so ditzy here as well, which made me cackle. I kinda wish that Team Magma had accomplished more stuff here than simply unlocking some ruins, but I suppose that this episode served its purpose overall.

phanpycross

God-king
It's weird, of all the starters on the main cast, May's torchic has to be my least favorite :/ It uust didnt do anything before it evolved, and combusken is still my least favorite starter, with it's stupid baggy pants, and awkward looking claws.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's weird, of all the starters on the main cast, May's torchic has to be my least favorite :/ It uust didnt do anything before it evolved, and combusken is still my least favorite starter, with it's stupid baggy pants, and awkward looking claws.

Really? Combusken always struck me as badass when it evolved.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Azurill,Marill and Azumarill attacking Torchic simultaneously was mean.Pikachu's Thunderbolt didn't even hit them,which was sad.However,the part I really disliked was when a Magma Grunt threw May to the floor.
Overall,a meh episode.
3/10

JudySpell

Banned
Poor May and Torchic losing to Azurill's family. I liked how Team Magma showed up and then suddenly left disappointed when the ruin didn't contain anything. 8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Poor May failed at catching a pokemon here, but I liked how Ash kind of mentored her. Team Magma's debut was cool especially Team Rocket disliking them and thinking of them as rivals. Too bad Relicanth only got a cameo. ^^;