• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Ruin With A View! (278)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That part was great but Team Magma seemed far above them and the TRio didn't stand a chance against them unfortunately.

Yea I know. Team Rocket was outnumbered, plus any ways even if they weren't it was hard to imagine them doing much damage against such a complex organization like Team Magma. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode just seemed ok to me. I don't know.... I guess I just liked "Get The Show On The Road" better for some reason. Anyway, in "A Ruin With A View" not much really happened. Although, I loved the tour of the Pokemon Center. And seeing the Magma-dan for the first time was cool too. I think my favorite part from this episode was when Satoshi wanted to find out from those trainers in the Pokemon Center who the new Gym Leader was, but Haruka was hungry so she pulled him away or something before he could find out. Oh, and I also liked the part when Satoshi and Haruka were going through that vent to get out of that room in the Pokemon Center.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I thought it was funny when May reminded Ash about her bike when she wanted him to slow down. It's too bad that May didn't catch that Azurill. I thought that it was interesting that Team Rocket is now responsible for a Team Rocket base in Hoenn.~

Daizy

I call you honey
When May messed up on catching Azurill, I let out a loud sigh of relief. Can you imagine how pointless Azurill would've been on her team?

Leonhart

Imagineer
When May messed up on catching Azurill, I let out a loud sigh of relief. Can you imagine how pointless Azurill would've been on her team?

Even though Haruka wanting to capture that wild Ruriri was more like a lesson for her on catching Pokemon than a serious attempt to add to her team, I don't think Ruriri being her first capture would've been a bad thing. At least Ruriri had the cuteness factor and charm.

For the second episode of the Hoenn saga this one was decent. I expected some kind of showdown between Ash and Team Magma but Team Magma pretty much did what they wanted and even successfully entered the ruins even though they weren't the right ones that they were trying to find. I liked Relicanth's cameo even though it really felt out of place and did nothing to serve the plot.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Slower paced episode, but it seems to be setting up things for the rest of the season. It was a nice seeing Ash as a fairly mature trainer. Wish they spent more time in the ruins tho, & Team Magma (is that right?) weren't enough of a threat.
Having the sun open another door in the ruins was a nice touch. Coelacanth Pokémon looks cool.

Backlit animation's back for Pikachu's attacks.

Judging from the intro, this is the last series with Arbok & Wheezing, which is a bit sad.

Meh episode. I like Ash mentoring May and the Relicanth cameo. Why was Team Magma there?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Establishing their presence for the series.