• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rush of Ninja Wisdom (820)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!

While on their travels, Ash decides that it's time to train his Froakie. During the training, they end up meeting a ninja trainer and his Pokémon Frogadier, the evolved form of Froakie. Ash challenges him to a battle, but ends up losing. Ash is eager to improve with Froakie and requests the trainer's help to teach Froakie Quick Attack, so the four of them start to train hard. However, things start to go wrong when Team Rocket appear. Will Froakie manage to learn Quick Attack?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oh how I loathe Japanese commercials.. :p

...So the episode starts with Ash training Froakie in the forest! Lots of destructo-bubbles flying around! Don't know if it actually was Bubble or Bubble Beam:D
- Froakie notices the Ninja! :O
- The Ninja dude suddenly disappears in a puff of smoke.. SHOCK AND AWE!
Opening!
- The guys are fazed about where this guy suddenly went.
- Froakie again notices and barely dudges some Frubble!
- There's a Frogadier in a tree!! Tense music all the way!
- Frogadier in the shade and Ninja dude jump out of the tree.. Classic Japanese music tune! :p
- Ash and the guy + frogs face off, and of course suggest a battle. Clemont referees.
- Bubble is dodged by 'Dier, Pound is dodged by 'Dier as well.
- 'Dier keeps dodging throughout a chase through the trees.
- Rasengan is also dodged by 'Dier!
- I love how epic Froakie is!
- Froakie focuses its mind, and his Rasengan is LOGGED! xD
- Epic Rasengan vs. Rasengan! :O
- Another Rasengan, but 'Dier counters with Quick Attack!
- Froakie is Quick Attacked against a tree. End of battle. That was epic.. :O
- Ash is a bit upset, a large bit upset that he lost.. and is now tending to Froakie.
- Now Sanpei is lecturing Ash and pointing the finger! All the while Ash's butt is occupying half of the screen.. -.-
- Sanpei gave Froakie some PokéFood and it is alright again.
- Sanpei is leaving.. and Ash asks something, and the rest are shocked!
- Probably that he wants to learn from him, he even bows his head, Froakie follows suit begrudgingly.
- Sanpei accepts being a sensei.
- Bonnie, Pikachu and Dedenne have joined in the Ninfun.
- Sanpei is showcasing the jumping motions, Clemont has the easy solution through technology, such a wimp... -.-
- Though Ash is of course excited by this, Sanpei is skeptic. Clemont proceeds to lift off.. -.-
- Bonnie is hiding from Dedenne and Pikachu behind a camo-rug.
- Froakie is following 'Dier's lead in the jumping motions.
- Now Ash and Bonnie+P+D are doing the jumping motion as well.
- Bonnie is too tired and falls down.
- Froakie and Frogadier are able to keep up to each other.
- Scene switch: Bonnie is practicing staying under water and breathing through a reed.
- 'Dier literally runs over water..
- Froakie fails..
- Ash fails.........
- Froakie tries again, he succeeds! He celebrates! 'Dier is unimpressed..
- Team Rocket spies on the group...
HALFTIME!!!
- The group are standing above a stone bridge, and the tummies are grumbling..
- Now the group is picnicking. Sanpei likes food, and Serena gives him more!
- Now the group is casually lounging in the treeshade, discussing what Ninja's be and are.
- Drawings of ninja's with Greninja and Venusaur. Can we count this as the official debut?
- I heard the term 'rival' being dropped..
- Now they have resumed training.. Bonnie+P+D are having fun.
- Ash, Sanpei and the frogs are all jumping from tree to tree. Ash almost falls after the first branch but is doing okay.
- Now they're on a field!
- Quick Attack on a rock! It shatters! Impressive!
- Ash orders Quick Attack, the rock stands and Froakie fails.
- AGAIN!
- FAILURE!!!
- 'Dier wants to show it, but Froakie just glares, and suddenly a medallion shoots up from the ground.
- Here's TR in their Meowninzord.
- They're creating a flash, and launched a claw or something.
- 'Dier uses Quick Attack to its head, creating some damage, but not a lot.
- Frogs are dodging mediallionshuriken.
- 'Dier is caught in a net!
- Pikachu ditches the costume and uses Iron Tail! Caught in a net!
- Froakie is left, it has to dodge the shuriken, remembers the training and suddenly uses Kage Bunshin all of a sudden! :O
- This frees Pikachu and 'Dier!
- Multiple Rasengan!!!! Pikachu uses Thunderbolt and a combined Rasengan by the frogs finishes the zord off!
- Now Ash and Sanpei are about to part ways. Froakie takes some extra time to say goodbye to Frogadier.
- End of episode...

So Froakie doesn't learn Quick Attack, but Double Team.. Well that's weird, but oh well! xD

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash training Froakie.

...So the episode starts with Ash and co walking through the forest! :D

Not this time.

Ash seems some person leaning against a tree and I think the person quickly dashes off.

Froakie quickly notices something and Ash and co. come across a Pokemon in a tree, it's a Frogadier, the evolved form of Fraokie.

The person before reappears with the Frogadier and they stand back to back.

I think the guy just camouflaged himself and he didn't run off.

Ash and the guy, Sanpei decided to have a battle with Froakie vs. Frogadier.

Froakie goes to use Pound on Frogadier, but Frogadier dodges.

Froakie chases Frogadier along tree branches and then tries to fire a Water Pulse.

Froakie senses where Frogadier is and then uses Water Pulse, but it wasn't Frogadier, it was a tree log.

Frogadier and Froakie both use Water Pulse and the attacks collide.

Froakie uses Water Pulse again, but then Frogadier uses Quick Attack to hurt Froakie.

Froakie is too tired to continue fighting and therefore loses the battle.

Ash and co. are by a waterfall, whilst Froakie recovers.

Ash asks Sanpei to help teach his Froakie Quick Attack.

Pikachu, Dedenne and Bonnie are now dressed in Ninja outfits and begin running around.

Sanpei and Frogadier jump up and down on the spot, before Clemont shows off another invention.

The invention is special footwear that helps you jump high into the air and then Clemont blasts off high into the sky.

Bonnie briefly practices the art of camouflage.

Froakie tries to learn Quick Attack by jumping repeatedly off a bunch of rocks, following Frogadier.

Bonnie and Pikachu swim through a lake and then Sanpen tells Frogadier to run along the waters surface, which he/she does.

Froakie tries the same thing, but Froakie fails. I think Ash went in after Froakie.

Froakie then tries again to run along the water and does so.

Ash and co. are happy, including Froakie, but Frogadier is looking smug.

Froakie is annoyed at Frogadier.

Dare Da? Frogadier.

Ash and co. are now on a bridge and Ash's stomach is rumbling.

They all stop and have lunch and Sanpei really enjoys the food.

Ash and co. are now resting under some tress and Greninja shows up in a fantasy and so does Venasaur.

Ash and Froakie continue their training and Ash almost falls down a cliff, but he hangs onto a rope with Froakie in his other hand.

Bonnie practises her Ninja stealth again by hiding inside a bush.

Froakie is now training by trying to smash a rock by using Quick Attack.

Team Rocket pops up in a big Meowth Mecha.

Froakie, Frogadier and Pikahcu all attack the mecha.

Froakie learned Double Team.

Froakie and Frogadier uses a combined Water Pulse and Team Rocket's Mecha and Team Rocket blast off.

Ash and co. say goodbye to Sanpei as the sunsets.

To be continued.

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
Well, I was expecting Froakie to beat Frogadier in a rematch, but that didn't happen. So I think there's a good chance of Froakie evolving in a future episode.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Also seems like they parted on good terms eliminating the whole "Animosity towards my evolution" Factor.

But this isn't the best place to discuss evolution, better to discuss how many gadgets it will take before Clemont breaks some bones in his body.

as well as Froakie having Double team.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
better to discuss how many gadgets it will take before Clemont breaks some bones in his body.

and i think we saw a different invention for clemont, instead of blowing it to his friends and he blows up to the sky instead which made me really want to lol.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Did Froakie learn Quick Attack or only Double Team this time ?

Torpoleon

Weird that Froakie didn't learn Quick Attack as well, but Double Team is cool too. I loved all the ninja references in this episode! When Pikachu threw the leaves over Bonnie, did she seriously say Ninpou: Konohagakure?

My only concern is that I hope this episode doesn't prevent Froakie from evolving in the future. Would love to see Ash's Froakie fully evolved and Sanpei's Frogadier fully evolved battling each other, preferably at the Kalos League.

In any case, I thought this was a really great episode!

Pretty good episode, seeing clemont blast off because of his invention, Ash training froakie before the ninja trainer even showed up was good since he rarely does that and it was funny seeing bonnie, pikachu and dedenne dress up as ninjas.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
this episode i think has a little reference to naruto granted that sanpei was aninja to begin with and you can also see bonnie was trying to copy herself form doing what a ninja does

awake uzumaki naruto

yehah i say the episode was entirely good, full of actions to begin with.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Great. So Kalos Ashy lost another trainer battle. That makes two battles in the row. First he lost to Premier, the Sylveon trainer, and now Sanpei with his Frogadier. To be honest, I sort of expecting Froakie to beat his evolved form but that didn't happen. As well as he gets a rematch whenever he loses the first time. This is getting ridicious. Hopefully that Ash wins the next trainer battle. He can't be any worse than Unova, does he?

Last edited:

diakyu

Great. So Kalos Ashy lost another trainer battle. That makes two battles in the row. First he lost to Premier, the Sylveon trainer, and now Sanpei with his Frogadier. To be honest, I sort of expecting Froakie to beat his evolved form but that didn't happen. As well as he gets a rematch whenever he loses the first time. This is getting ridicious. Hopefully that Ash wins the next trainer battle. He can't be any worse than Unova, does he?
Ash fought two pokemon he had never seen before, one with a type he never fought before, and he used Froakie both times. Froakie is the real problem.

Nightstar1994

So ironic Pokemon actually airs before Naruto XD.
And add the Ninpou: Konohagakure as well.

As for the episode
Ash was about to cry because he lost a battle? Are we like, back in Kanto?

Nacreous

Fire trainer

I'm sure he'll win in the Rock gym.

Does anyone know what was being said when Venusaur and Greninja were shown?

Yeah,I'm curious about that too.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Ash fought two pokemon he had never seen before, one with a type he never fought before, and he used Froakie both times. Froakie is the real problem.

I see. So Froakie having some problems. Doesn't he?
I'm sure he'll win in the Rock gym.

True to the Rock Gym Battle with Grant. But I'm not worried about the Gym. I'm more concerned about the trainer battles.

jrizza88

Meteorite

I agree Ash shouldn't be compared to his BW self, mainly because he is making some decent/good calls for the most part of the battles. I think it is just the fact that Froakie is a brand new pokemon. I am sure these losses he is suffering is building him up to get a win for his next official battle. Hopefully he stars in the next gym, or at least defeats the next trainer or three if he won't star in the second gym. I feel like this episode is just overall indication that Ash now knows how to battle with Froakie!

Sceptile0998

Sinnoh Lover
Great episode this week! I loved Bonnie, Pikachu and Dedenne's little ninja scenes in the background. Was good focus on Froakie, but I think Fletchling needs a little more attention-even though it's a regional bird. Also, I'm so glad Froakie didn't show any signs of not wanting to evolve, like Bulbasaur did.