• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rush of Ninja Wisdom (820)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
sanpei was really a good character to begin with, hoho i wish he was a girl

anyway all characters interaction here are well done

oh and can i add one more thing, serena seems to always carry a fashion kit with her. i might wonder if she will use this on the upcoming xy 21.

Hikatoshi26

This was a good episode I was happy to Froakie is looking to follow the path of Treecko so that means he might actually evolve whooooo. Bonie was ADORABLE in this episode omg where has she been in this shows 17 years... The battles and training was cool and I hope they focus more on training a la Sinnoh Ash needs it.

Too eveyone who asked about the Greninja and Venasaur what I belive was said that Sanpei is trying to be like I assume his nija ancestors Ipai (forgive my spelling) was the first with the Greninja and Nipai was second with Venasaur he is the third and wants a Greninja as well hence the Sanpai. (My Japanese isnt prefect so I could be WAy off base with that. So I am sure someone else will clarify/correct.)

Overall I would give the episode a 7/10 one of more rewatchable episodes of XY so far and there arent many. Now on the adorable Parfum brat and the angry Snorlax.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
This was a good episode I was happy to Froakie is looking to follow the path of Treecko so that means he might actually evolve whooooo. Bonie was ADORABLE in this episode omg where has she been in this shows 17 years... The battles and training was cool and I hope they focus more on training a la Sinnoh Ash needs it.

Too eveyone who asked about the Greninja and Venasaur what I belive was said that Sanpei is trying to be like I assume his nija ancestors Ipai (forgive my spelling) was the first with the Greninja and Nipai was second with Venasaur he is the third and wants a Greninja as well hence the Sanpai. (My Japanese isnt prefect so I could be WAy off base with that. So I am sure someone else will clarify/correct.)

Overall I would give the episode a 7/10 one of more rewatchable episodes of XY so far and there arent many. Now on the adorable Parfum brat and the angry Snorlax.

oh now i think i know how they got their names.

ippei - combination of ichi + pei = fist ninja? (sorry not sure what pei means)
nippei - combination of ni + pei = second ninja
sanpei - combnation of san + pei = third ninja

so in other words he is the third ninja and could it be he is the youngest?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
is there any chance that San will be a recurring character?

i'm sure he is only a cotd and i think i just saw a post that they just drop the rival thing if i'm not mistaken.

nuzamaki90

is there any chance that San will be a recurring character?

I'm pretty sure in the scene where Sanpei and the others were relaxing under the trees, Sanpei said that him and Ash were rivals. I at least heard the word rival by Sanpei so maybe the magazine wasn't just shamelessly hyping and Sanpei really is our first rival for XY.

This is probably my favorite episode of the new year. Clemont made me laugh like alwAys, Bonnie was cute as hell, like your child role playing with toys, Serena was cool, didn't know she could knit, Ash and Froakie were awesome and Ash's battling skills are improving, and Sanpei was awesome. If he is just a COTD, he's my favorite one so far in the XY saga. Hopefully we do get to see him again because I want to learn more about his Master Ninja goal.

Torpoleon

Great. So Kalos Ashy lost another trainer battle. That makes two battles in the row. First he lost to Premier, the Sylveon trainer, and now Sanpei with his Frogadier. To be honest, I sort of expecting Froakie to beat his evolved form but that didn't happen. As well as he gets a rematch whenever he loses the first time. This is getting ridicious. Hopefully that Ash wins the next trainer battle. He can't be any worse than Unova, does he?
Didn't Ash also have a bad losing streak in the beginning of Sinnoh? He lost to Paul a lot, lost to Roark the first time and in unofficial battles, lost to Gardenia & Fantina. And that was coming off the heels of beating Brandon's Regice. At least with Kalos it is coming off the heels of Da!. I wouldn't worry too much about Ash's losing streaks in Kalos for right now.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
oh about the greninja and venusaur i don't think it's ano fficial debut since it was owned by sanpei's ancestors. we have to see the real episode where they will appear before we can confirm their official debut

was it only me sanpei looks like senpai to me somehow?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Really good episode, the only negative I can say is Team Rocket being tacked on but they came and went so quickly that they didn't even have much influence. Sanpei was a great character, and him combined with Bonnie helped make this much more entertaining than the typical training episode. Ash really shined here too, striking a nice medium between the more lighthearted Ash from BW and the more serious Ash from DP.

And what can I say? Froakie might have lost again but between his good showing today and Sanpei's Frogadier, I'm now in total support of Ash getting at least Frogadier if not Greninja.

This is probably one of my favorite XY episodes along with the Citroid and Pokemon Merchant episodes.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Didn't Ash also have a bad losing streak in the beginning of Sinnoh? He lost to Paul a lot, lost to Roark the first time and in unofficial battles, lost to Gardenia & Fantina. And that was coming off the heels of beating Brandon's Regice. At least with Kalos it is coming off the heels of Da!. I wouldn't worry too much about Ash's losing streaks in Kalos for right now.

(Sighs) I don't even want to think about of Ashy loses to that creep. I don't mind Roark the first time,Gardenia,and Fantina. However, Paul happened to be a different story. Those losses to that an extremely arrogant trainer are the only episodes in D/P series that I don't watch. But in the Sinnoh League Arc, not only was I'm really happy that a sweetheart(Ash) defeated the heartless jerk(Paul), but I was overjoyed by the battle to prove that love triumph over lust. For right now, Froakie will getting better.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I think everyone is glad that Froakie didn't win against Frogadier.It's definitely like the episode when Treeko learned Bullet Seed.Wich means that,after the movie,we'll get a Froakie evo episode.
It wasn't the same at all... First off, Froakie didn't even learn the move Frogadier was teaching it, two, Froakie didn't like Frogadier at all till the very end of the episode where Treecko didn't show any form of animosity at any point, and three, this guy could well end up being Ash's rival.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I loved this episode <3!!! Froakie was a total bad ***. The battle was awesome and the training was entertaining.

The only part that messed it up was TR, seriously they were so extra here it isn't even funny.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Team Rocket effectively unlocked Froakie's new move. They were important regardless.

I'm sorry but if your coming in when there are like 8 minutes left in an episode, you are extra lol.

Froakie could of learned it some other way.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was pretty average. I liked that Ash and Froakie were training even before Sanpei arrived, but I wasn't a fan of Bonnie's cuteness being shoved down our throats. I knew she was going to wear a ninja outfit, but I didn't think she would also be learning "ninjutsu." I just disliked her involvement here. Anyway, the TR scenes at the end had amazing animation and those were the highlight of the episode for me tbh.

RVD_fan

I do hope Sanpei is a rival, he's a cool character and I've love to see his full team of ninja Pokemon like Accelgor, Hitmonlee, etc.

Did not mind the loss, I just hope it is part of Froakie's overall character arc. I suspect he'll be getting top billing against Grant, so I'm not too worried, but I would like to see him get a nice win before then.

I always like a training episode and Sanpei, Froakie, and Bonnie definitely had enough on-screen charisma to carry it. Team Rocket was pretty much just there to give Froakie a moment to save Frogadier while also learning a new move, but I thought the Meowth-ninja was fun.

Another solid episode, the chemistry among the main cast has really held up since Ash's last badge.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya, gotta say, I really liked Sanpei's character. He was a pretty cool person plus the fact that him and Ash got along sells it for me. He really should be a rival to him.

Plus we know he doesn't have to just stick to ninja pokemon given that one of the Ninja's had a Venusaur.

dman_dustin

Ninja Bonnie was pretty adorable here.

And I really enjoyed this episode A LOT, though I'm not entirely sure I liked the limited animosity that Froakie had against Frogadier, though I'm hoping it didn't mean anything and was just because THAT particular Frogadier was acting like a jerk and not because it thinks all Frogadier are like that.

Shame we can't have a Fletchling episode like this, why do birds always get screwed over?

Edit: Still don't want Sanpei to show up again, HOWEVER if Ash will have Greninja by the league, then feel free to show Sanpei again, just not to debut Greninja.