• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rush of Ninja Wisdom (820)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
This episode was really enjoyable. Double Team seems to be a popular choice already among the main cast Pokemon, but I'm happy with it either way..

I have to say though, that Bonnie and Pikachu's antics made this episode for me. It's nice to see that Bonnie's playfulness helps to make Pikachu a much more enjoyable character..

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
If everyone was happy about this battle, then I'll support it. Hopefully that duel will help Froakie to become much stronger in the Kalos League and help Ash make it to the Final Round or win the whole thing. Now that I think about, Froakie might will be Ash's stronger Water-type than Oshawott. No offense.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
If everyone was happy about this battle, then I'll support it. Hopefully that duel will help Froakie to become much stronger in the Kalos League and help Ash make it to the Final Round or win the whole thing. Now that I think about, Froakie might will be Ash's stronger Water-type than Oshawott. No offense.

I'd rate Squirtle and Buizel over Oshawott but it all comes down to personal preference. Still its all learning for Froakie right now, so I'm sure he's going to be a beast during the league.

Navin

MALDREAD

Ash already has stronger Water-types than Oshawott in Kingler, Corphish, and arguably Squirtle and Buizel as well.

I am definitely in favor of Frogadier after seeing this episode, and I really hope the writers take the route of evolution for Froakie. Greninja could very well end up being Ash's fastest Pokemon and has the potential of being a powerhouse on par with Zard, Sceptile, and Blazefernape.

diakyu

Kinda bummed the VS screen only shows the characters with their main instead of the pokemon they're using.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Kinda bummed the VS screen only shows the characters with their main instead of the pokemon they're using.

That was an error for this episode, it usually shows it for the pokemon they are using.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'd rate Squirtle and Buizel over Oshawott but it all comes down to personal preference. Still its all learning for Froakie right now, so I'm sure he's going to be a beast during the league.

Oh Squirtle. Back in the good old days. Ash and Buizel were totally in sync since they have so much in common as they love battling so much. Don't you think? And you're right, Froakie soon to be Greninja will going to be the fast sweeping ninja in the league. Does the Gym Battles,and some trainer battle consider as the official battles? I already knew the league battles counted like the Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,Sinnoh,Unova,and Kalos League.

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
It wasn't the same at all... First off, Froakie didn't even learn the move Frogadier was teaching it, two, Froakie didn't like Frogadier at all till the very end of the episode where Treecko didn't show any form of animosity at any point, and three, this guy could well end up being Ash's rival.

Well,it couldn't have been exactly the same.But we can safely say that this episode was inspired by that episode.

Though,that one happened quite late[AG041] and this one was XY017.

Anyway,I expect a Froakie evolution after the first movie.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wow! I loved this episode. But before anyone is surprised by that, let me make one thing clear. I love this episode because of kunoichi Bonnie. You steal this show, Bonnie. She stole this show with her kunoichi antics with Pikachu and Dedenne. Man were they so awesome in this episode. From hiding behind blankets, to running around while the others were talking. This was Bonnie at her show stealing best. Oh I'm sorry, was there more to this episode?

Other then Bonnie, the episode was average. Not really great but not at all terrible. It was a good episode for Froakie to show his stuff and we got to see Frogadier. Frogadier is nice. I have no doubt Froakie will evolve into one someday. The main cast was a bit duller this time, minus Bonnie. Ash was the same as always, Serena was back on background duty and even Clemont didn't entertain me as much as he usually does. I guess kunoichi Bonnie was just to much of a show stealer. Team Rocket's appearance was really weird and last minute. I wasn't expecting them. Overall this episode did not entertain me as much as the previous episodes have been doing. However Froakie, Frogadier, and kunoichi Bonnie made it worth watching.

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Wow! I loved this episode. But before anyone is surprised by that, let me make one thing clear. I love this episode because of kunoichi Bonnie. You steal this show, Bonnie. She stole this show with her kunoichi antics with Pikachu and Dedenne. Man were they so awesome in this episode. From hiding behind blankets, to running around while the others were talking. This was Bonnie at her show stealing best. Oh I'm sorry, was there more to this episode?

Other then Bonnie, the episode was average. Not really great but not at all terrible. It was a good episode for Froakie to show his stuff and we got to see Frogadier. Frogadier is nice. I have no doubt Froakie will evolve into one someday. The main cast was a bit duller this time, minus Bonnie. Ash was the same as always, Serena was back on background duty and even Clemont didn't entertain me as much as he usually does. I guess kunoichi Bonnie was just to much of a show stealer. Team Rocket's appearance was really weird and last minute. I wasn't expecting them. Overall this episode did not entertain me as much as the previous episodes have been doing. However Froakie, Frogadier, and kunoichi Bonnie made it worth watching.

I was lol'ing at Bonnie's antics in this episode. Totally adorable in that ninja outfit and playing around. Certainly not being a third wheel if this continues on.

Kind of a random episode in some ways. Mostly on Froakie's development. Other human characters not getting too much action. Clemont with another failed experiment that actually didn't blow up this time, lol. I guess Team Rocket was there as a stimulus to help Froakie learn Double Team out of the blue.

I'm think just another filler for the next episode. Curious to see how that will play out.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I was pretty hyped for this one, but it only turned out above average IMO. Froakie and Frogadier's antics were pretty fun to watch and Sanpei was rather interesting (Here's hoping we see him again). I did find it rather interesting Froakie learned Double Team instead of Quick Attack, because I feel Double Team has more potential. I think it's safe to say that I don't think this episode has affected Froakie's chances of evolution.

Have to agree with most that Team Rocket was really unnecessary, but I did like that ninja style mech. I also didn't care about Bonnie's antics; they just felt like they were just put there just because.

Squirtle_007

So ... I think I'm the only one who got diabetes from all of Bonnie's forced cuteness, huh?

*Sigh* I'll try to focus on the positive things about the episode because I really like Serena, Clemont & Bonnie, but they were absent and/or annoying this time

- That Sanpei guy is plain awesome, I hope he becomes Ash's main Kalos rival, we don't need a third watered down Gary Oak wannabe
- Sanpei's goal is being as good as his brothers (The Greninja guy and the Venusaur guy)
- Accelgor, Ninjask, Croagunk, there is a lot of possibilities for Sanpei
- I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't care if Froakie evolves or not, I like Pokémon that has stat moves and not a totally offensive moveset
- Hmm ... they had yakisoba for lunch, yummy!

And that's pretty much it, without Sanpei, this could've been a crappy DP filler with Team Rocket being the cause and solution of the problem ... how I wish they had a mission to do, but people seems to prefer them being "funny" (¬_¬), well ... enjoy

Soniman

Break the Limit
So ... I think I'm the only one who got diabetes from all of Bonnie's forced cuteness, huh?

And that's pretty much it, without Sanpei, this could've been a crappy DP filler with Team Rocket being the cause and solution of the problem ... how I wish they had a mission to do, but people seems to prefer them being "funny" (¬_¬), well ... enjoy

Someone doesn't remember how bad DP filler could get.

Also, considering all that happens can this really be called filler?

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine

I agree, but the Maractus episode in BW was by far the worst filler I've ever seen.

BlueDragonfangirl

Pretty good episode, I like Ash's character balance this series, he's got humor but is serious when it comes to training and battles like D / P Ash. Really love seeing Ash train his Pokemon, these episodes are some of my favorites :)

Other good moments...

- Bonnie ( Her adorable antics really are fun to watch )

- This guy who helped Ash was pretty cool, would love to see him become a recurring rival for Ash :)

Fun!

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Nice battling/training episode. One of the better recent eps. Hopefully Frokie gets a win against Grant!

Nodame

Misty <3
Average episode. Though I am getting tired of all the fillers, this was not bad. It's better than the Chespin and Clemont one anyway which really felt like a waste of time. Plus Ash has a possible new rival for Kalos. This episode is so much like Naruto: It has Rasengan, Walking on water, MultiShadow Clone Jutsu, which is awesome lol. And OMG ninja Dedenne you are so cute!!

Last edited:

Squirtle_007

I remember the crappy Piplup/Elekid/Marill filler ... wow, I'm so glad that's in the past

Well, Froakie learned Double Team, so, I think that makes this a non-filler

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Average episode. Though I am getting tired of all the fillers, this was not bad. It's better than the Chespin and Clemont one anyway which really felt like a waste of time. Plus Ash has a possible new rival for Kalos. This episode is so much like Naruto: It has Rasengan, Walking on water, MultiShadow Clone Jutsu, which is awesome lol. And OMG ninja Dedenne you are so cute!!

it's basically a naruto parody and i think there was kage bunshin if i'm not mistaken - double team to be precise