• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rush of Ninja Wisdom (820)

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I just remembered. This is the second time in a row that Froakie doesn't get a revenge match against the winning opposition. The previous one was with Sylveon.

Well,he had no chance against both Sylveon and Frogadier.

At least he didn't lose against a Fire type *cough*Oshawott*cough*

Virgil134

PMD Writer
This episode wasn't actually that bad. Usually I don't care for training episodes but I thought this was enjoyable. I just liked the way how it was set up from Froakie fighting Frogadier to Sanpei helping Ash and Froakie out. I also found Sanpei a lot more interesting than I thought he would be. I first expected him to be a lot like Morrison but they weren't that similar at all. I do wish he and Ash would have had a rematch near the end so Froakie could have learned double team that way. Which brings me to my next point.

What I really didn't like about this episode was TR. I have never been a huge fan of their mechas, so obviously I wasn't too happy with them using one again. Luckily they showed up near the end so they didn't get a chance to disrupt the plot in the middle of the episode. Their screentime was also minimal so they didn't really bother me as much as usual. But still, I rather would have seen a rematch between Ash and Sanpei then TR showing up again. Not only would that have been better for the plot but Pokemon learning new moves through fighting TR has been done to death.

Overall a decent episode and probably one of the better XY episodes so far.

6.5/10

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I have to say that even though Froakie learned Double Team I still expect him to learn Quick Attack too. It will help him in battles to either get out of a tight spot or help increase his Pound attack power with the surprise element, A.L.A Swellow vs Shiny Swellow with a Quick Attack - Wing Attack combo.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
This was indeed a refreshing episode. I loved my little Bonnie being a random Ninja here and there throughout the episode and I'm starting to really like Froakie as a character.

At least he didn't lose against a Fire type *cough*Oshawott*cough*

Yet.

Navin

MALDREAD
Nice to see Froakie learning Double Team instead. A defensive move like that will be really useful even if he evolves all the way to Greninja. Honestly, considering how Frogadier moved and Greninja's design, Greninja will fast (I mean he might be Ash's fastest Pokemon) and wouldn't even need a move like Quick Attack anyway.

I'm glad there was no rematch. If Ash won, then it would raise the probability that Froakie doesn't need to evolve because he can already take out his evolved form. If Ash lost again, that would just be redundant and an insult-to-injury to Froakie.

I'm praying for Frogadier and Greninja now.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Nice to see Froakie learning Double Team instead. A defensive move like that will be really useful even if he evolves all the way to Greninja. Honestly, considering how Frogadier moved and Greninja's design, Greninja will fast (I mean he might be Ash's fastest Pokemon) and wouldn't even need a move like Quick Attack anyway.

I'm glad there was no rematch. If Ash won, then it would raise the probability that Froakie doesn't need to evolve because he can already take out his evolved form. If Ash lost again, that would just be redundant and an insult-to-injury to Froakie.

I'm praying for Frogadier and Greninja now.

Same here. Sceptile has some competition. The battle between Froakie and Frogadier was amazing (using Smokescreen to block an attack is genius). The writers are really hyping up the ninja vibe with the Froakie line. I can't wait to see what they have planned for Froakie (hopefully it involves some badass Greninja ninja battling). The focus they're placing on Froakie right now makes me believe he's going to be the Kalos powerhouse.
Also hoping to see Sanpei appear again.

J Ken

RAVE
Tbh I don't really wanna see Sanpei again. He was okay but he seems like one of those rivals who would be overrated for being average imo.
Besides he already played his role imo and its up to Ash himself to do something on his own now. He did it with Treecko and if the comparisons really are true he should be able to raise Froakie into a Greninja without a rival or recurring character to help him.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Does anyone else hate that Frogadier and Froakie have a base squinty eyes thing going on, or lined eyes.

I know that's a frog thing, but Froakie, and Frogadier have eyes, and I hate seeing their base eye line as if they are relaxing or chilling. It's kind of disturbing most of the time.

That's actually something that I really loved about their animation and design in the anime. It even made me like a bit Frogadier as a Pokémon thanks to that...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

dman_dustin

That's actually something that I really loved about their animation and design in the anime. It even made me like a bit Frogadier as a Pokémon thanks to that...

But to me they just look so wrong doing it.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/9/9e/Sanpei_Frogadier.png

I want to see their eyes, they have really nice eyes, and when they do their typical chilling frog eye thing, it just makes it really awkward.

I figured as much, I just didn't mention it, because Greninja really wasn't in the episode (in person) doing it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So far Froakie is 0-2. Not what I expected but I'll take it none the less. It's better that he loses and develops now so he can win and be a star in the later parts of XY.

Apparently his win against Chespin counts according to the fandom, so it's 1-2. I don't really care about his win/loss record though.

And I personally liked that Frogadier had the same squinty eyes as Froakie. I actually thought it was really cute.

J Ken

RAVE
Apparently his win against Chespin counts according to the fandom, so it's 1-2. I don't really care about his win/loss record though.

And I personally liked that Frogadier had the same squinty eyes as Froakie. I actually thought it was really cute.

I always thought it was a meaningless practice battle well whatever I guess. Ain't like it really helped Froakie out much.

Tbh I just hope he doesn't get too much wins at the expense of other Pokemon evolution or not. Infernape was kind of a tedious Pokemon to see considering how often it took the win at the expense of others.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I always thought it was a meaningless practice battle well whatever I guess. Ain't like it really helped Froakie out much.

Tbh I just hope he doesn't get too much wins at the expense of other Pokemon evolution or not. Infernape was kind of a tedious Pokemon to see considering how often it took the win at the expense of others.

Atleaat they went back to actually showing pokemon being trained. I rather that then pokemon wins out of no where without barely any explanation.

shadowF

so is it implied that they we will see sanpei again after this episode?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
so is it implied that they we will see sanpei again after this episode?

His backstory is way too detailed for that one throwaway scene this episode spends explaining it. I doubt he'll be a recurring character, but I can see him coming back for a single episode where the group visits his ninja village.

DoctorDark

I loved the episode. Then again I spent a lot of my childhood pretending to be a ninja like bonnie when I was little lmao.

Also even if people can complain about a lot of things I really think this season's animations are by far the best.

Mega Missingno

enjoyable episode. I really liked Bonnie here- and I don't usually say that often; just because I don't really care for her character. But it was fun watching her, Dedenne, and Pikachu playing ninja the entire episode, and Pikachu, especially, throwing leaves on Bonnie to help with her concealment technique. I enjoyed Froakie's reactions and expressions in this episode, especially when Frogadier was showing him up, or not bothering to acknowledge his own accomplishments that he worked hard to achieve, like the running on water stunt. Interesting plot twist having Froakie learn Double team instead of Quick attack, after all that training. Unexpected, but appreciated that things didn't follow what we were led to believe would happen. Even Clement's short scene was funny. I'm glad it didn't end in the cliche'd explosion this time.
I give this episode 8 stars out of 10