• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyRobot

rest in peace you'll be missed. :'(
i won't look at my meowth plushies the same without crying.

Aaawww....

Earlier when I took a nap, I hugged mine tightly and thought about Maddie being happy, jumping over clouds...hahah... Hn... I know it's silly, but it makes me feel better...

Skirgedot

I really hate those guys on Wikipedia. Seriously, they don't believe in anything. This actually makes me feel sick.

squirtle_squad_leader

Yelly Von Hollerlots
I haven't been on these forums in a long time but I popped on to pay my respects to Maddie. I remember keeping up with the Q&A she did on here while it was happening. She seemed so genuine and sweet. She was also quite funny.

I haven't really been active in the Pokémon fandom for several years now but this news still really bums me out. She will definitely be missed.

Bardische

Elegance.
The first time I heard the news(I said this a while ago), Wikipedia claimed she died at the date mentioned. Oddly enough, they removed it. WTH?

Meron

rest in peace you'll be missed. :'(
i won't look at my meowth plushies the same without crying.

Aww man, I have this talking Meowth who says stuff when he "hears" sounds. "Meowth, that's right!" "Meeoooowwth!" "And just remember, I'm the top cat!" that's what he says, I guess. Haven't made him talk for a while... *sniff*

~AussieWonder~

RIP Maddie. She sounded like a beautiful, passionate woman who loved life, and brought joy and laughter to everyone around her. Thanks for the wonderful memories.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
You'll truly be missed Maddie and will always be remembered in our hearts. Thank you for all those years as such a great VA and even as a member here on the forum

R.I.P Maddie

you know i wondered why all of a sudden i had a dream of other characters she voiced from different animes today, now i see why.

RIP miss Blaustein.

that happened to me before...I just don't remember though. I do recall having a Pokemon dream last night. What a shame. 2008 is such a horrid year for us. It's devastating.

Wobuffet fan

TR's #1 admin
If this is true(which based on Mary's post, it most likely is) than this is quite sad and RIP. She was a great VA on Pokemon, truly wonderful.

However, with Wikipedia they keep changing the death date around which I frind very suspicious.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
If this is true(which based on Mary's post, it most likely is) than this is quite sad and RIP. She was a great VA on Pokemon, truly wonderful.

However, with Wikipedia they keep changing the death date around which I frind very suspicious.
Wiki is edited by anyone

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
While I'm saddened by Maddie's passing and shocked she died so young, I can't say I'm crushed.

I don't really have any fond memories of her. I blamed her for the SOVA mess getting as bad as it did. She treated me like crap (especially on BMGf) because didn't blindly worship her like others. Oh well, you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, even if it is deserved.

What gets me is 4Kids reaction to this. They're planning on confirming this tomorrow. WTF? Either she's dead now or not. It's not like she'll be any deader tomorrow.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Very sad news :( My heart goes out to her friends & family.

RIP Maddie Blaustein. You will be missed.

Captain Brain

Rest In Peace, but in a sense due to the dubbing that has done Blaustin is immortal due to the fact that the work accomplished will be around for ages, just like a photograph bit better. ;025;

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

While I'm saddened by Maddie's passing and shocked she died so young, I can't say I'm crushed.

I don't really have any fond memories of her. I blamed her for the SOVA mess getting as bad as it did. She treated me like crap (especially on BMGf) because didn't blindly worship her like others. Oh well, you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, even if it is deserved.

What gets me is 4Kids reaction to this. They're planning on confirming this tomorrow. WTF? Either she's dead now or not. It's not like she'll be any deader tomorrow.
Maybe they're waiting for tomorrow for sympathetic reasons? She was such a big name at 4kids, maybe the staff just need at least this day off to try and confirm facts and to come to terms with it before speaking to the public about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.