1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokemonHero

PokemonHero I can see the future

Wow, this is certainly a very shocking bit of news.

Rest in Peace, Maddie.

2. lindsy95

lindsy95 FC: 4428-2451-8791

R.I.P. -bows-

Anyone...know why she died in her sleep?

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Absolute Beginner

Whoa, can't say I saw this coming. Requiescat in pace.

4. ManiaCrasH

ManiaCrasH Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace

5. Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster And yet, it moves!

My condolences to her her friends and family.

Rest in Peace. :(

6. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

Well this sucks. Maddie is one of the best voice actors out there :)

Rest in Peace Maddie.

I want to insert a famous line here, but I think it is kind of awkward to say it.

7. neokumamon

neokumamon Akward, but powerful

Man, that's awful.
    She just died in her sleep? How sudden and tragic and she was so young too. I have always enjoyed her voice, she did a great job.

R.I.P Maddie

8. Lady Marie

Lady Marie ♥ AG Ash Fangirl ♥

I'm really going to wait until something is conformed, All I can hope is that it's not true. :(

9. Charmander#4

Charmander#4 Dating Rosie Palms?

This is sad.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
    And with strange æons, even death may die

Rest in piece.

10. Bardische

Bardische Elegance.

OMG. I couldn't believe this, she was my favorite...

Well, everyone's favorite, as she is the reason why Meowth was so popular back then...just a sad event that happened...R.I.P. Maddie...

11. mangod/pikachu

mangod/pikachu Volcano Trainer

I can't believe she's actually gone. *crying*
    R.I.P. I hope she made it to Heaven.

12. Sparkleo

Sparkleo Low on power...

I can't believe this!!

2008 is such a horrible year because all these famous Actors, Actresses and VAs have all passed away some way or another.

I'm going to miss Maddie. Rest in Piece.

13. ~Silver Aura~

~Silver Aura~ Back...ish

Oh man that's so sad I was so shocked when I read this on the main site I'm really sad now R.I.P Maddie :(

14. Legendary Raikou

Legendary Raikou Well-Known Member

Thank you for your great voice acting, you will be missed

15. milenadrg

milenadrg Well-Known Member

Oh, it's so terrible!
    Rest In Peace, Maddie:(

16. ShinyPalkia

ShinyPalkia Well-Known Member

I never knew you, heard about you only a few times, but it doesn't matter at all, it's always more than just really sad to lose one of us - it makes our hearts cry. :(

I wish you could be still here with us, but time is when time, there's always a reason to everything.

Maddie, wherever your spirit and mind now are, with all my heart I hope you are, where you're meant to belong - in a place that's a real paradise & where you can rest in peace.

I hope you will always remember one thing, these little words with the most important thing in the world - we all loved you, and we will always love you for ever. Good bye. Maybe someday, in the end of the world, God will let us meet again...

17. rekreatur

rekreatur Well-Known Member

Wow, she died. I still can't believe it. ._.
    Well... Rest in Peace...

18. Theif

Theif The King of Darkness

Rest In Peace Maddie.
    Again does any1 know how she died in bed? :(

19. Steelia

Steelia forever.

I've always had respect for Maddie, ever since I discovered her Q&A topic here at the forums. How she dedicated herself to the fans like that... You don't see that a lot in people these days.

Words cannot even begin to describe the loss we have suffered for such a remarkable person, whom literally became an icon in the Pokemon community for her voicework on arguably one of the most love-to-hate yet hate-to-love Pokemon. She was just so fitting with Meowth; a once-in-a-lifetime relationship between voice actor and animated character that really strung well together.

Madeline will surely be missed, long after this news is gone. Hearing her voice as Meowth in past Pokemon episodes and movies... just might break my heart.

Rest in peace, Maddie Blaustein. Always have been a silent admirer of your hard work and dedication.

20. ZangooseLord

ZangooseLord I'm a Chuckster!

I have always liked her Meowth voice the best, and I send my condolences to her family.
    Rest in Peace, Maddie. We'll all miss you. Especially after that devoted Q&A topic.
    Seriously, what is it with actors dying this year? Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, and now Maddie. Well, it is a tragic subject, and this is a time of mourning. Once again, we'll miss you, Maddie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.