1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meron

Meron Well-Known Member

This is so sad. Her Meowth voice was the best... <3 Rest in Peace.

2. Erus Black Mage

Erus Black Mage Well-Known Member

2008 stop killing cool people

3. MegaTravis

MegaTravis Pokemon Trainer

Rest in Peace Maddie, your Meowth was the best.

4. plxtreme

plxtreme Love is in the Amour

Rest in Peace, Maddie. We won't forget what you have contributed to the Pokemon anime...

5. Treecko Girl

Treecko Girl Sweet V

Oh my various Gods...
    I don't believe it...
    Rest in Peace Maddie... ;.;

6. FlareonJupiter

FlareonJupiter F&J Manga-Ka

I just got the news... I am in total shock and sadness over this.

Her role as Meowth always made me laugh and smile... may she always rest in peace.

7. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

I still hope its a hoax, but I've been told it is true :/ This just doesn't sit easy with me

8. Treecko Girl

Treecko Girl Sweet V

If this is a hoax then the person who started it can rot in hell for saying such an awful thing.
    I can't take it in at all.

9. The fact that she was only 48 is depressing within itself.

R.I.P. Maddie.

10. SHINY CATCHER

SHINY CATCHER Epic Snake is Epic!

R.I.P Maddie
    You will be sadly missed

11. Bardische

Bardische Elegance.

Ummm...

Ummm...I checked Wikipedia earlier after I heard about the news and said she passed away on December 12, 2008. I checked again, but this time that piece of information was removed. I wish it was just a hoax, because I cannot accept the fact that she really is gone...

12. ShinyPalkia

ShinyPalkia Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat?! o_O' Shouldn't one be sure it's true before making a thread?! I would defitinely get a heartattack, if one day I came here and saw a thread named something like "ShinyPalkia died today at 6.03AM" or "ShinyPalkia is dead". =S

13. FlareonJupiter

FlareonJupiter F&J Manga-Ka

Hoax or no hoax (like Serebii said), I'm going to keep Maddie's memory alive.

I'm currently working on my script for Flareon & Jupiter #1, and I plan on writing Meowth (as well as Jessie and James) into the story. I'll be writing Meowth's dialogue with the accent and humor that would make Maddie proud.

14. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

She will be missed by many.

R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein

15. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

That's sad to hear I remember her voice quite fondly as I grew up watching Pokemon, she will be missed.

16. csisps_26

csisps_26 Roark <3

May Maddie Blaustein R. I. P. for a contribution to anything & everything including Pokémon.

17. Jonouchi

Jonouchi Chibi-cario

Holy crap...=(

R.I.P, Maddie.

18. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

I have been told it by someone I trust aswell as others. I just still hope it is and they're wrong as that would be a much more pleasing result

19. Game_Invader

Game_Invader New Member

It can't be, I had a signed Pokemon card from her ages ago, and now she's gone, I'll make it a task to re-download Pokemon Puzzle League in her memory and play the Health Spa Mode again!!!!

.... It's gotta be a hoax, not even God is this cruel, sure he took Deem Bristow and Long John Baldry, the voices of Dr. Eggman in two different types of media (Game and Cartoon) in the same year, but he can't be THAT cruel, can he?!?

Well, if it's not a hoax, it seems that she's Blaustein off for the final time. *Eyes tearing up*

She'll be sorely missed

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  20. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

If it's a hoax, we can be happy there isn't a death.

That's really sad. I always remember meowth being my favourite because of its voice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.