• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
damn, she was only 48, wuts up with that? may she rest with the shows old appeal...

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Ummm...I checked Wikipedia earlier after I heard about the news and said she passed away on December 12, 2008. I checked again, but this time that piece of information was removed. I wish it was just a hoax, because I cannot accept the fact that she really is gone...

I hope so, too. I just looked at the article and there was no date of death.

Maddie, if you really are still with us... let us know!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Hearing about someone dying in their sleep at the age of 48, which isn't particulary old, is paranoia-inducing stuff.

Having said that, it's probably best her fans consider that dying in such a way is, more often than not, the most ideal way for one to go. Obviously it's bound to be upsetting either way and it's not much a consolation, but it could've been worse.

CandyRobot

I can't believe this...

I wrote her 2 E-mails, hoping to get a reply...

Nothing yet, but if I hear from her, I'll let you know ASAP!

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
R.I.P Maddie, Meowth Wont Be The Same Without You D;

THUNDER!!!

<So Many Stickers!
This is awfull and sad news! Rest in peace Madie Baulstien. you were great.

Squid Rooster

Marsh Squid
Ace reporting

Strange, how no other website anywhere--credible or non-credible--has reported this story. Or how Serebii has decided not to name any of his sources, which might lend credence to the report. Or how he even admits that he's not 100% sure. But what the hell, eh? I suppose there's nothing wrong with publishing an unsubstantiated claim as news, because if it IS true, you get to say "you heard it here first." And that's what really matters when we're talking about someone's death.

EmpressMyuu

I hope this is a hoax, because either way I'm sad...sad that a cool lady like her is gone, or sad at the audacity of someone to put out a cruel and untrue rumor like that.

R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein :(

iraqmaster

I'm sorry, but I call BS on this one.

There are no news articles, no message boards, no nothing at any place on the internet. If this is true, her myspace page's wall would be flooded with RIPs, which it isn't.

But if this is true, this is truly a big loss to Pokemon.

CandyRobot

Officially NO hoax...no lie....

It's true....:(

Untitled-2.jpg

Bardische

Elegance.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Strange, how no other website anywhere--credible or non-credible--has reported this story. Or how Serebii has decided not to name any of his sources, which might lend credence to the report. Or how he even admits that he's not 100% sure. But what the hell, eh? I suppose there's nothing wrong with publishing an unsubstantiated claim as news, because if it IS true, you get to say "you heard it here first." And that's what really matters when we're talking about someone's death.
The other sites are waiting for something concrete such as an obituary on the web or something like that. I trust the people who told me.

csisps_26

Roark <3
It's a sad thing, really :(. She voiced Meowth and other characters for a really long time. Again, I repeat, may she RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.