1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

If you knew anything about how journalism works, you know that I cannot divulge sources all the time

Now stop this. For god's sake man, show some respect.

2. empress_donna

empress_donna The Insane Donnaness

Okay if what I read on the pokemon LJ community is true, then I have one thing to say:

An email isn't proof/a real source (there is an exception to this of course, but since you cannot divulge I won't go guessing).

Apparently, people have been recieving emails about it since the 14th and if the pic of a conversation with Eric Stuart earlier is true, she would have passed away on either the 11th or the 12th.

Doesn't the news usually release information either on the day it happens or the day after? At least, I am sure usually I hear 'x passed away yesterday, aged x' on the UK news, not sure how it works in the US.

I am not sure whether to post 'RIP' or 'Wait and see' to this really.

Hopefully we can find our answer soon.

3. Bardische

Bardische Elegance.

Here's a fun fact: Under the categories of Wikipedia, she is listed in "Living People".

I feel a bit better than before :/

How many pages is this already?

4. CandyRobot

CandyRobot Well-Known Member

:) Listening to her sing is nice...but...I'm just so emotional....

I literally screamed when Eric wrote me back there....

And yes...I'll eat....

5. FlyingTotodile

FlyingTotodile Many totodiles can't

R.I.P Maddie. You definately provided the best voice of a wonderful cast!

6. Serebii

That doesn't happen all the time. It can take weeks, depends on the family. They may want serious privacy.

This is true. Sorry but it is. I don't want it to be any more than you do, but we have to face facts

7. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

*The following post is completely free of the standard Suikun wisecracks or other such insensitive remarks, and yes, people, that includes references to SOVA*

If you look behind life as a VA, Maddie clearly had a complex life, as indicated by certain events that had transpired within the past decade. And even then, we probably don't know the half of it. To many of us, Maddie was little more than Meowth, but Meowth was and still is such a large part of our viewing experience. The unpredictable fuzzball who simply wanted to be loved. And no matter how many times the thing got fried by an electric zap or sent soaring into the stratosphere, Maddie was able to keep Meowth passionate and optimistic. Only this time, she's blasting off for good. And yet somehow, there's still a smile on her face. Meowth. That's right.

Jimmy Zoppi, who I fully respect and I believe has done an admirable impression, now has the weight of more than a memory on his shoulders. As for PUSA as a whole, a mere tribute would be the most repsectful thing to do, even if it's as brief as dedicating an episode in her memory for two seconds at the end (this weekend's episode would be perfect, as it features what people called a Maddie look-alike). And of course, cue away all the tribute mish-mashes on YouTube. Tis a sad and unexpected day for the Pokemon community.

Meowth, "There's No Place Like Hoenn", 2003
    "Well, crying ain't gonna help, I already tried that."

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  8. CandyRobot

Well...see... People can be quite slow sometimes...

I do believe Eric, though... He wouldn't lie to fans. :(

9. iraqmaster

iraqmaster Well-Known Member

You think at least something, a paragraph, message boards, or something would have showed up at least the next day or so.

10. CandyRobot

I knew it...:(

*sigh*

She never really told me much about herself... But I KNEW there was something that made her sad.... Something a bit deeper...

11. Squid Rooster

Squid Rooster Marsh Squid

Hard to do that with NO FACTS. I'll be the first to bow if it's revealed to be true, but I'm not going to take your word for it when you're the only person reporting this and your only credentials is "trust me."

Why would they tell you, and only you? And if they wanted privacy, why would you post it as a news item?

12. fishyfool

fishyfool And a nice chianti

Squid, just shut the **** up and let us mourn in peace.

13. CandyRobot

Still don't believe my E-mail?

Sheesh... I suggest you write Eric yourself... Go ahead... I mean, just try to be polite...you seem to have a hard time with that!

*crushed and heartbroken*

14. Serebii

I said LEAVE IT.

Show some respect. Seriously. Why would I post something without checking things? Just drop this and if you don't believe it, then don't post. Simple.

15. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

I'm with Squid on this one. It would be nice to have a link to one of those sources you mentioned, Serebii. Just so we can drop any lingering doubt on the matter.

If it indeed is true, then R.I.P Maddie. There should definitely be a tribute to her memory, like a marathon of Pokemon episodes that starred Meowth or something. We can pray, right?

16. CandyRobot

*agrees* X_X;

By the way... I'm more of a Lurker on here...that's why you don't see me all that much....

17. fishyfool

fishyfool And a nice chianti

I'm showing respect, even though I'm pretty 'couldn't give a damn' about deaths in general.

Tis a shame that she was lost to us so early on in life...but at times like this, we must stand tall and remember her as the greatest of VAs on pokemon.

18. PurpleMew

PurpleMew no promises

R.I.P. Maddie, you were an awsome girl.

19. Bardische

Bardische Elegance.

I have to agree with you on this. This is getting us nowhere anyway :/

My heartbeat went back to normal. Yay.

20. Serebii

The sources aren't links or websites, they're people. People who wouldn't lie about these things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.