• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagTag

Shroomin'
WoW, bolt from the blue. R.I.P. :(

Squid Rooster

Marsh Squid
So why were you not entirely sure about the news being true earlier, and why are you sure now? What's changed? Something's not adding up.

And I'll ask again, why would you report something that you say the family wants to keep private? And you say I'm disrespectful. You would think that if someone wanted to publicize her death, they wouldn't conceal themselves. This would be the most ridiculous way to announce her passing. Why not on her OWN WEBPAGES? Why an anonymous tip to a secondhand site?

I mean no disrespect to Blaustein, alive or dead. All I'm saying is that this is some awful reporting, and maybe Serebii should either provide a more official news source or not report anything until something concrete surfaces. For the rest of you, maybe you should wait for the same thing before assuming the worst and sinking into depression.

Oh wow, happened just like that and out of the blue.
I remember how I used to adore Meowth just because Maiddie did such a great job voicing him.
R.I.P.

Bardische

Elegance.
Welcome to depression flame-fest palooza...population : ???

CandyRobot

I said LEAVE IT.

Show some respect. Seriously. Why would I post something without checking things? Just drop this and if you don't believe it, then don't post. Simple.

People have doubts, because you were wrong about that Shaymin....

I believe you, though.

Cipher 2008

I was unsure earlier but it got confirmed to me by a person I trust. How does that not add up. This isn't awful reporting...this is how the world works.

Now for god's sake drop it or I will remove you.

Please just get rid of him. On a day like today, it'll make us all feel even just a little bit better.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
People have doubts, because you were wrong about that Shaymin....

I believe you, though.
You mean the one I said outright from the get-go that was "more than likely fake"? Yeah, because I posted that, people don't trust me...unlike the other sites that posted it as real

CandyRobot

BTW! Thanks for locking my thread...

I didn't mean to upset the mods...

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Obviously Squid hasn't been around long enough to understand that Serebii owns this forum and Serebii.net, and his sources are never revealed, but he has them that's for sure, and they are trustworthy because all the info given to him has been correct so far. Joe knew pretty much everything about DP before it was entirely revealed via his sources. He just couldn't reveal it in fear of getting in trouble (unlike that other website).

You know Squiddy, with Serebii having a popular website and forum, it would be wise to just shut up and trust the webmaster of this place. He knows what he is doing quite well.

CandyRobot

You mean the one I said outright from the get-go that was "more than likely fake"? Yeah, because I posted that, people don't trust me...unlike the other sites that posted it as real

Yeah, people are stupid, though, not to believe you now... I mean why would someone lie about something like this?

Plus, I got the E-mail from Eric, so that's also enough proof for me.

:(

*gives you a hug*

Bardische

Elegance.
I wish this whole ordeal will finish, because people are just flaming each other again and again. Let's just all calm down for a while. Seriously, it's getting us nowhere, I don't even have facts to support my ideas. I'll just leave it be for now.

iraqmaster

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd say that i'm with Squid on this one.

Bardische

Elegance.
Obviously Squid hasn't been around long enough to understand that Serebii owns this forum and Serebii.net, and his sources are never revealed, but he has them that's for sure, and they are trustworthy because all the info given to him has been correct so far. Joe knew pretty much everything about DP before it was entirely revealed via his sources. He just couldn't reveal it in fear of getting in trouble (unlike that other website).

You know Squiddy, with Serebii having a popular website and forum, it would be wise to just shut up and trust the webmaster of this place. He knows what he is doing quite well.

Yup. I agree. :D

Now I'm taking the other side instead of Squidy...oh well...

Last edited:

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Too true. Joe, one has trust in your sources, even if they seem as trusty as Honest Jim, and one does believe that Blaustein has had an unfortunate passing.

Squiddy, if you don't stop trolling Serebii and don't get banned for this blatant bigotry, I'm afraid I'll have to feed you to the sharks. We've got enought troubles already without you clustering a heap of scorn on our old webmaster, and quite franky it'd be best if you lefy the forums for a couple of days until we have had our respect for her given.

You are rapidly losing your own respect here.

Squid Rooster

Marsh Squid
Sure is "we love the leader" around here.

fishyfool said:
Squiddy, if you don't stop trolling Serebii

Oh no you don't. Learn what "trolling" means. Somebody disagreeing with or questioning somebody, or even challenging them about it, is NOT "trolling." Trolling is being antagonistic solely for antagonism's sake, and that's not the case here.

Speaking of respect, Joe STILL hasn't answered the question I've asked several times: If Blaustein's family wanted privacy, why would he post this? And THEN expect everyone else to respect their privacy?

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Mr.Serebii?
Im sorry for any disrespect,but erm..
Why dont you ban Squid now?I know I am not in the frame to say this about a fellow Member,but He(?)has disrespected Maddie and her memory,As well as You and us.

CandyRobot

Sure is "we love the leader" around here.

Oh no you don't. Learn what "trolling" means. Somebody disagreeing with or questioning somebody, or even challenging them about it, is NOT "trolling." Trolling is being antagonistic solely for antagonism's sake, and that's not the case here.

Speaking of respect, Joe STILL hasn't answered the question I've asked several times: If Blaustein's family wanted privacy, why would he post this? And THEN expect everyone else to respect their privacy?

They ALL didn't like talking about their private lives.

I know this because Maddie told me! I can SO find that E-mail that says it! Never deleted 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.