• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;_;

R.I.P. Maddie, you were the best voice-actor ever...

Damn mortality.

May you rest in eternal paradise.

Last edited:

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Oh wow, someone told me this, but I can't believe she passed away. That really shocked me today. She not even 50, so it makes me thing what happened to her. And she was such a sweet person. I'm remembered from the Q&A thread she answered my questions. She such a sweet person, and may God bless her and she RIP.

YukiJadenSurvives

Sadfaceeeee. D;

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Truly tragic. Loss of a great talent. Never thought this could happen. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Blaustine family this holiday.
You will be dearly missed, Maddie

Rave

Banned
This is really, I mean, really a very huge and sad loss. She was, without a shadow of a doubt, THE best Meowth VA around. May as well have been Meowth.

It's sad to say that 2008, strikes again.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
She will be unbelievably missed. I had always looked forward and hopeful for her return to voice Meowth, now that will never be.

Rest in Peace Maddie.

We lost so many people this year. It's just too much to take.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you know i wondered why all of a sudden i had a dream of other characters she voiced from different animes today, now i see why.

RIP miss Blaustein.

It is a very sad day. We have lost one of the greatest voice artists around, not only that but a member of this forum.

My heart and prayers go out to her family and friends at this time. It must have been more of a shock to them than to us.

R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein.

Kuroshi

Rest In Peace, Maddie.

You will be sorely missed by the fans. It's always a sad day when a fandom loses one of their own.

halloweenghost

Still sad to hear this.. and I cannot beleive some of you are being so ugly here... and if Joe was wrong, then he's wrong thoguh I doubt it.. he is usually not wrong on things. He's not perfect,..but usually not wrong.. so I beleive this.

This sucks..2008 has just been one total crapfest for me I lost two members of my family this year as well. I just cannot wait for it to end.

Maddie you will be missed,.. it was fun and a great moment to have such a elgend come to the fans and talk to us throughout the whole voice actor debacle... and answering questions to many of your fans :)

Thanks for everything you have done and my your spirit Rest in Peace...Maddie Blaustein,...Blausteining off for the last time :( Goodbye Maddie. :(

marysmaddie

Hello, I'm Mary, and I am the source

My name is Mary. I was Maddie's best friend and we talked at least 5 times a day.
When I couldn't reach Maddie, I was 100% certain that something was horribly wrong. She would NEVER have disappeared on me. We loved each other with all our hearts.

She had been sick with a horrible stomach virus since Thanksgiving. I was the last person to speak with her, I told her to go to the Doctor. She said she would, but never made it.
I finally got her super-intendant to go in and check on her. She was snug in her bed with the covers. A very peaceful way to pass, but heart wrenchingly sad just the same.

PLEASE, let me set your minds at ease. She was NOT sad/depressed. She told me every day how happy she was at this time in her life. A strong bond of love will do that. We had been planning my trip to Brooklyn to stay with her for a week or so. We were so excited, we giggled like school girls.

I spoke with her family, they decided to not have an autopsy done, and I respect their decision. It will take awhile for the family to sort through all that needs to be done in a situation like this. So, that's why you haven't read any "official" news just yet. The last I heard, there still hadn't been an official date of her passing. I will pass that info on once I have it.

I don't know anything about pokeman, anime... voice acting... at all. I only knew her on a personal level.

Since her passing, I have scoured the internet, reading everything I could find about her and saving it. Her presence on the net was more than I had ever imagined. I was so overwhelmed with so many places/spaces that she showed up, I wasn't sure where to post. A family member told me about serebii, so this is where I chose to inform. Not being a member of this site, I sent an email to the moderator. It seemed like the best place to announce the sad news, because so many of you loved her.

I do plan on making a tribute website for her and I will be sure to let everyone know the link once it is ready to publish.

Thank you all for loving her so much.

Mary

espeon+glaceon=awsome

The one and only
I'm happy that serial killer 2008 is over

That just made me shed a tear
She was the best Meowth every

Watching old episodes will just be weird

R.I.P Maddie :(

Profesco

gone gently
This is really, I mean, really a very huge and sad loss. She was, without a shadow of a doubt, THE best Meowth VA around. May as well have been Meowth.

Maddie gave a voice to an enormous section of my childhood. It's almost as if Meowth dies along with her. How painfully grievous. Losing Maddie is twice the loss, more than that, because of all the many ways she's spoken to cartoon/anime fans throughout her many roles.

Meowth can now never be the same. It's going to hurt every time I see that wiseacre cat blast off from now on. It's like losing a best friend for the second time.

Thank you for your information, Mary.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
Thank you for posting, Mary. And my sincere condolences to you and Maddie's family.

RIP Maddie, and thanks for enriching all our lives with your superb vocal acting abilities.

Thank you Mary, for at least we now know she died peacefully and content, and right now that is all that matters.

R.I.P.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Madeleine Blaustein, you were an extremely talented voice actor, and a really nice person. It is a grave tragedy to hear of your lose. You were a pinnicle part of my childhood, voicing one of the most recognisable characters of the early 21st Century. You were extremely talented and had a brilliant range of voices which you used effectively. I give my sincerest condolances to you Mary, the rest of her friends, and their family. This must have been sudden, and I can only wish all of you the best.

You will truly be missed. Rest in Peace Maddie

Last edited:

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Unfortunately, when I posted earlier, I was getting ready for school so I wasn't able to express my feelings entirely.

When I saw the post, I was absolutely shocked. I can't recall ever feeling so surprised about a death that wasn't in my family. Her Meowth voice is one of my greatest childhood memories. And now, hearing about her death, I feel as if something has been ripped out of me. This is truly a huge loss to anyone who has been an anime fan as long as I have.

RIP, Maddie. You will be very much missed.

EDIT: Thank you, Mary, for clearing things up. There are many people that were doubting the validity of Serebii's report. My heart goes out to you and her family.

Last edited:

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
May her soul rest in peace. Take care Maddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.