• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I am sad to inform you all, that I have recent been informed by separate sources of the loss of one of our beloved original voice actors, Madeline Blaustein, unfortunately passed away in her sleep last week. She was one of the voice actors who were in it from the start and she is most famous among the Pokémon community for providing the voice of Meowth from Episode 32 up to Episode 421 among various other characters. She was a kind person and even took time our of her busy schedule to do a Q&A session on the forums here. She will be sorely missed among the community and our hearts go out to all her friends and family during this difficult time.

Rest in Peace Maddie.

Edit: Official statement made by 4Kids http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/2005

Last edited by a moderator:

mockingjay

swift and lol
What?! How did she die? She was so loved, and her voice was so nice. Rest in peace :(

latiaswindblast

Rest In Peace,Maddie.You will be missed..=(

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
R.I.P. I always loved her voice for Meowth.

It won't be the same without her.

Blazing Charmander

Wow. This came out of the blue... :(

I'll always remember her for the entertaining voiceovers that she offered to TV shows, namely Meowth and others in Pokemon.

Rest in Peace, Maddie.

Skull13

R.i.p.

Aw, man. What sad news.

R.I.P.

Last edited:

cascade88

< go ask alice >
=(

This is so awful. She will be missed. R.I.P. Maddie...

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Wow. I really loved her as the voice of Meowth. I dont think I can hear that voice without feeling my heart break a little bit.

rest in peace, Maddie.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I'm not very good at words when it comes to news like this.:(

I've got a lump in my throat and am in shock. Tears welling in my eyes as I type. I communicated with her on the forums in the past and it was just a question and that was about if I remember 2 years ago. Most of the time I just read her statements on the forums. Maddie I will miss dearly and she was a very good VA.

R.I.P Maddie.

Last edited:

Purin

Omigosh, that's awful :(

R.I.P., Maddie.

pokemon fan 132

This truly is a sad loss,and i am really shocked.Its a sad thing when someone dies,it really is.

Rest in peace Maddie.You will be missed from all of us.:(

hydramon

Shiny Butterfree
Oh my god... I hardly watch anime anymore, but I grew up with her voice acting skills unknowingly, and not just with Meowth. I shall miss her greatly.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
That's terrible. And so young... does anyone know how?

Deepest sympathies to her family, and rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.