• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid Rooster

Marsh Squid
Yes, let's ban anyone who doesn't follow along.

I already stated that I mean no disrespect to Blaustein and that I'd be the first to salute her should the news of her passing be true (and confirmed), but at the same time I have serious issues with the way this "news" was handled, whether it is true or not. To say that I deserve to be banned for expressing this is to say only certain speech is allowed. You're awesome.

Bardische

Elegance.
Anytime now Serebii...anytime now...

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Squiddy, do us a favour and piss off.

Until you learn to respect others, don't bother ever posting here again.

And to stop this whole heap of crap and flaming, one will state boldly that this news shoud be taken sincerely and that she is dead until proven otherwise.

Bardische

Elegance.

Bardische

Elegance.
Double post.

Last edited:
She was only half-cat, and I suppose you have to be 100% feline to reap the 9 lives benefit.

Maddie used her talent and passion to bring a great deal of humor, vibrancy, and personality to her characters. I'm sure she was greatly loved and supported by her friends and family, and as a drop in the bucket that made the lives of many fans more enjoyable, she will always be remembered.

~ Rest In Peace ~
Madeleine Joan Blaustein

CandyRobot

Welll... Now....

*sigh*

All I wanted to say is that I really adored her....:(

With that, I'm off...

See you guys on a happier day...

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I was really hoping this would be wrong, but I think it's been long enough. I am very saddened to read this. Maddie was the best of the best. She put so much feeling into Meowth. I secretly hoped PUSA would take her back, because Pokemon never felt the same without her Meowth. I really also enjoyed her Corphish and Torkoal.

I really need to get my hands on "Go West Young Meowth," probably one of the best "filler" episodes.

R.I.P. Maddie. Suffice it to say, you will surely be missed.

I'm very saddened to hear that. I'd always hoped that the old cast would be brought back together again.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I am heartbroken to hear this news. :(. Maddie was one of the best parts of the show for me; Meowth was terrific, and Team Rocket were (and are) my favourite characters. I liked them so much more back when Maddie and Rachael and Eric voiced them.

Not only was she a wonderful Meowth, she was terrific in ALL of the voices she did on the series. She seemed so cool and down to earth on the Q and A, too. And pretty! Magnificent lady all around.

May she rest in peace. I'm crushed to know she's really gone. :(.

mew801

Oh really? She played meowth so well. It is very sad to see her go

My thoughts are with her and her family.

And to all those people flaming this thread, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. This is a place where people can respect her. (not trying to mini mod at all)

Rest In Peace.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Sure is "we love the leader" around here.

Surely you must be kiding young nooblet. I am no friend of Joe's, but I do know he wouldn't lie to us.

Oh no you don't. Learn what "trolling" means. Somebody disagreeing with or questioning somebody, or even challenging them about it, is NOT "trolling." Trolling is being antagonistic solely for antagonism's sake, and that's not the case here.

However, the difference here is that you are disagreeing with the webmaster of a vastly successful forum/website. What would he have to gain by lying about a popular voice actor's death I ask you? It would be a sick and twisted way to get attention, however, I highly doubt he is lying. Sorry but I believe him 100% on this just everything else he has said recently. Sorry chap. Looks like you lose this battle. Better luck next time. ;)

Speaking of respect, Joe STILL hasn't answered the question I've asked several times: If Blaustein's family wanted privacy, why would he post this? And THEN expect everyone else to respect their privacy?

Well gee, it's a news story you doof! How are we suppose to know that they want privacy if he didn't post the story in the first place? I suppose that if any other website or webmaster posted this story and said they wanted privacy, you would go out of your way to tell them off. Hell, I've seen similar stories with TV stars who have passed and their families wanted privacy from fans etc. So I repeat, how are we suppose to know they want privacy if Serebii didn't post saying so?

I'll give you a couple of hours for your pebble-like brain to process that question. Get back to me whenever your ready.

R.I.P. Maddie. You will be missed. Don't let punks like these capitalize on a sad moment like this.

(Especially when he thinks he is smarter then everyone else)

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Aww, this is such a bummer to see. Maddie was cool. Her voicing as Meowth always made me laugh when I was younger and even today whenever I watch the old episodes.

I hope she rests in peace; we'll all miss you, Maddie. =( Condolences to her family.

ForeverFlame

There's a difference between respecting a family's privacy and pretending that somebody is still alive, Squid Rooster.

I think the family meant to not ask them for interviews and comments, but to leave them mourn in peace. Informing the public about what happened would be reasonable, though. We have the right to know about something like that. o_0

mimefan

Banned
R.I.P Taken away before your time, like a pheonix to a flame, you'll be remembered. It's sad how talent has died but what can we do eh?

bigbossman

First of all i don't know for sure if I know Maddie was she the Meowth in Hoenn and before ? (didn't watch the English dub until the Hoenn region)

She was 48 still young if you know that now a days the average age to die is high in the 70ths it is sad :(

I wish my best of luck to the relatives

and let us all hope that the sources are in some way wrong and if it is wrong we should not blame Serebii for putting it on the site

Kakama

Loli Hunter
Attention: Fu­cktards
Shut up, you're all pathetic, Serebii, don't even bother responding to them. Type in all caps to show your authority and rape them with a banhammer, but say something sarcastic so you don't appear butthurt, it works magic.

In other news a pun comes to mind, that Team Rocket's blasting off at the speed of light, MEOWTH THAT'S RIGHT!

Only good character on the original shows. Him and that Jigglypuff. RIP Meowth VA lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.