• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
RIP Maddie, such a unique voice

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
What? She was awesome as Meowth's voice actress! New one sucks!

'Meowth thats right!'

The line shall be missed.

R.I.P Maddie Blausten

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
Her voice as meowth is pretty good and the first time I taught it was a man's voice,then I realized that it was her.
Rest In Peace Maddie.We will always remember you.

Last edited:

ar.tor

master of the light
as a tribute to maddie im about to breed a female meowth with either a bold or adamant nature and take it to the elite 4 so her name will for ever be in the hall of fame

EDIT:
i have done this now maddie is bold and at lvel 100 and is on my pickup team also has twelve entries into my hall of fame
she is my most important pick up pokemon and she is very important to my diamond pokemon team

Last edited:

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I know I'm a little late with this but...

Maddie was a dear inspiration to many people. She was a woman who knew what she wanted in life, and wasn't afraid to take it; by the horns if she had to.

Most famous for her voice, she brought entertainment to thousands of people, and was remarkably talented at what she did. With a superb vocal range, there's no denying she was one of the most talented voice actors of our time.

Her death is a great shock and she will be sadly missed by many people. I'm sure I speak for all of us, when I say goodbye Maddie, and may you rest in peace.

My thoughts now, are with her family and friends, and the hard times they must be facing. I hope that they can support each other through this greiving period, and that they know the support of many, many people is with them.

Let us not dwell on her death however, let us celebrate her life. She made us laugh, she made us cry, but most of all, she never judged. Happy to talk to anyone, and even giving up her own free time to happily dicuss things with her fans, Maddie was a great example of the kind of person I want to be.

And I hope others wish to aspire to follow in her footsteps. Suffice to say she was one of my major role models, and I hope one day, that I may be half the person she was.

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I would also like to pass on my condolences to maddie's family at this time. her death has rocked me to my core, meowth was one of the best characters i have ever had the fortune to find and i looked forward to every saturday morning of my childhood when i would see pokemon and thus meowth.

it may not seem like much to those on here, but in her honour, i am going to breed a meowth on my diamond and call her maddie as a mark of my respect for one of pokemon's best voice actors.

empress_donna

The Insane Donnaness
Even though I posted yesterday, I feel that I should post something more.

R.I.P Maddie Blaustein.

I feel bad about being on the fence yesterday about saying this or not, and hope that people can forgive me here for that also. You were a wonderful voice actress in life and we will all miss you.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I'd like the anime writer to write a moving episode about that death...but the anime writer are japanese and I doubt they know who dubs in an other country, and the characters have to aknowledge than they are fictional...and I don't think it is possible to break the fourth wall not for comedy...

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I'd like the anime writer to write a moving episode about that death...but the anime writer are japanese and I doubt they know who dubs in an other country, and the characters have to aknowledge than they are fictional...and I don't think it is possible to break the fourth wall not for comedy...

Actually, Team Rocket constantly break the 4th wall, and it could be very likely the japanese writers know of the english VA's.

I think adding a little "In memory of" in the credits, which would be done by the English/American staff anyway, would be a nice sentiment at the very least.
I know a lot of memebrs here, myself included, are honouring her in our own way.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
I just can't believe she's gone...

Since she worked in the world of comics (as a writer and editor for Marvel, as well as the senior digital artist at DC), and my Flareon & Jupiter webmanga is mostly based on the anime (Meowth speaks the way she did for him), it's only fitting that I include a tribute to her. She was an inspiration!

There will definitely be a page that says "In Loving Memory", with a picture of Maddie, as well as a drawing of Meowth with angel wings and a halo.

Opal Pikachu13

I was shocked and felt teary in hearing that news. I don't believe she's gone. It is sad that she had passed away. She will always be remembered for her VA as Meowth and all the other things she done besides that role. We will all miss you Maddie.. R.I.P. ;052;

Edit: on my import My Pokemon Ranch, 3 or 4 days ago a guest rancher appeared with a female Meowth where you had to trade a Bidoof for it, I have the event Meowth and I am thinking of putting it on my Pearl version team.

Last edited:

CandyRobot

Awww! *uses the picture as Desktop Background*

Thank you, Serebii! :)

That was really sweet! <3

Edit: Yesterday, I bought a Talking Meowth Figure from Ebay... And yes, it's in English... I have the Japanese one, too.

Funny thing is that it was the first thing I found when I searched for Meowth...

Last edited:
Yeah. Following the great example of others here, I will get a female Meowth, name her Maddie and use her in the Elite Four to preserve her greatness.

Once again, R.I.P. Maddie.
We miss you.

hashire

Ground Digger
Inuyama Inuko is died?
do you mean the US sound actor or the japanese one

CandyRobot

Yeah. Following the great example of others here, I will get a female Meowth, name her Maddie and use her in the Elite Four to preserve her greatness.

Once again, R.I.P. Maddie.
We miss you.

I have a female Meowth named Maddie in my Fire Red version... I have a quirky MALE one in my Diamond game, and it is my cuddle bug...nyeh... I won't let it forget Fury swipes...:)

Xtra

You will be missed:(
We'll all miss you maddie, and a prayer goes out to your friends and family.

Thriller

Its almost time
You know, its pretty hard to imagine how younger people who work in the entertainment industry die easier compared to older people.

John Ritter, Phil Hartman, Bernie Mac, John Candy, none of them made it to 60! And here we got Maddie Blaustein passing away at the young age of 48. It's always much more crushing to whoever's fans when they're standing on their feet one day, and in the morgue the next.

I think she was a great voice actor and I wish I was able to grow up on other 4Kids shows so I could listen to more of her work. To be honest, I still prefer the Japanese Meowth mainly because he sounds more like a cat in it, but I respect her for the Meowth voice she gave us, after all, she wasn't the original English Meowth. It was the original actor/voice director's decision to give Meowth the type of voice he was given.

Anyway, Maddie was very kind to the fans by coming in to answer questions around the 4Kids/PUSA switchover and I think that was very awesome of her to do.

So somebody made a tribute for her, an English adaptation of the second Japanese ending, Meowth's Song. Check it out, its pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7vLAeO9nA

RIP Madeline Blaustein. Hope the boss [in the sky] finally gave ya dat promotion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.