• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyRobot

You know, its pretty hard to imagine how younger people who work in the entertainment industry die easier compared to older people.

John Ritter, Phil Hartman, Bernie Mac, John Candy, none of them made it to 60! And here we got Maddie Blaustein passing away at the young age of 48. It's always much more crushing to whoever's fans when they're standing on their feet one day, and in the morgue the next.

I think she was a great voice actor and I wish I was able to grow up on other 4Kids shows so I could listen to more of her work. To be honest, I still prefer the Japanese Meowth mainly because he sounds more like a cat in it, but I respect her for the Meowth voice she gave us, after all, she wasn't the original English Meowth. It was the original actor/voice director's decision to give Meowth the type of voice he was given.

Anyway, Maddie was very kind to the fans by coming in to answer questions around the 4Kids/PUSA switchover and I think that was very awesome of her to do.

So somebody made a tribute for her, an English adaptation of the second Japanese ending, Meowth's Song. Check it out, its pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7vLAeO9nA

RIP Madeline Blaustein. Hope the boss [in the sky] finally gave ya dat promotion :D

AAAWWW! That's SO cool! I love it so much... God, I'm crying again... :(

I hope she also got a Pikachu.......

mewfan1

Awww....That's really sad. I always liked her voice as Meowth.

R.I.P.

plasticeye87

Can you see me?
I can't believe she's gone but her spirit is immortal and will live forever far longer than I will or any of us for future generations. Thanks for the memories and chats.

The world lost a wonderful person and too soon for my tastes. There will never be another seiyu or comic book worker quite like you. RIP and Shalom my friend y gracias por todo. ;052;;052;;052;;052;;052;;052;;052; ;052;;052;

Last edited:

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I already have plans to pay tribute to Maddie in an upcoming chapter of my fan fic. Haven't decided 100% how I'll do it, but it will definitely involve a Meowth.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
You act like it's a crime against nature for someone to have lingering doubts over certain subjects. Can you blame us for being reluctant and stubborn over things that we don't want to be true? Christ. :/
Actually I can because most of the time Joe never lies about anything and is hardly wrong. Same thing happened when he disconfirmed SSBB rosters. I'd trust him over most people when it comes to information like this. He always triple checks his sources before he posts something as news especially something as big as this.
And of course this is a sad time losing a voice that was basically my childhood. She will be missed by many.

I had a dream last night....Pokemon....Meowth was in it. I recognized the episode too, Go West Young Meowth...then for some reason it went TTGL on me and I dubbed it Toppen Tepplin Garlann Pokemon. *sigh* I even drew a picture of Meowth choking in tears playing a guitar with some of the pokemon around him.

Gaby

Thanks to Meowth's friends from Maddie's sister

Hello everyone,

My name is Gaby and I am Maddie's twin sister. I wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and words and to re affirm that Maddie passed in a very peaceful and natural way. My Mother and surviving brothers shared a private ceremony on Tuesday. Our despair is great and we are all in great shock at this time. I hope we can only send peace and greatness to Maddie. I know she is well and thanking all of you for your loving support. The Blaustein Family wishes all of you well.

Keep the Peace.

Gaby

Rave

Banned
Inuyama Inuko is died?
do you mean the US sound actor or the japanese one

Nice job reading the first post of this thread.

CandyRobot

Hello everyone,

My name is Gaby and I am Maddie's twin sister. I wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and words and to re affirm that Maddie passed in a very peaceful and natural way. My Mother and surviving brothers shared a private ceremony on Tuesday. Our despair is great and we are all in great shock at this time. I hope we can only send peace and greatness to Maddie. I know she is well and thanking all of you for your loving support. The Blaustein Family wishes all of you well.

Keep the Peace.

Gaby

I think Maddie mentioned about a twin sister to me once.... I need to look through my E-mails...

Anyways, thank you for stopping by and I hope you will all have nice holidays, even though this happened.

I'm sure Maddie would want you all to be happy and smile.

Denjuu

What's the buzz?
I was depressed about this news throughout school. It's one of those events where you wish it was just a horrible dream.

2008 is now the Reaper of Celebrities.

CandyRobot, consider yourself lucky to have been in contact with her. I found out just yesterday she had a MySpace. I hate myself for not finding it out when she was alive.

I also have to say, the way she died is indeed peaceful. To die painlessly in a blissful slumber. That's the kind of death I would like to have. Though I'm wondering how a stomach virus could kill someone. I know many kids who've gotten them and they've only vomited while under the illness.

But yeah, I might not recover from this shock and sadness at all. Everything is going to remind me of her (sounds strange, but it's true). And what's worst, even though any series can get new voice actors, she'll be irreplaceable. I've never heard of a women that has done more male voices than female. Like I said before, people like this only appear once in a lifetime.

A legend has passed on. Go Upwards, Young Meowth (lame, I know). Rest in peace.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Wow, how unexpected and unpleasant that such a great person has passed away. Maddie Blaustein, the voice actor of Meowth. This is really unexpected and sad. I'm not quite sure what to say. I'm so sorry for her family and friends for this to happen, and of course even though I hate 4Kids for what they did to One Piece I say sorry to them for this truly tragic loss.

RIP Maddie, I'll never forget what a great voice actor you were.

Edit: If anyones interested, there is a Facebook group in her memory. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41272171914

Last edited:

CandyRobot

CandyRobot, consider yourself lucky to have been in contact with her. I found out just yesterday she had a MySpace. I hate myself for not finding it out when she was alive.

Call me Mimi if you like...:)

I was on her myspace friends list....

One of her only comments is in my comments section... It's special to me...

I told her: 'It's the year of the rat, Maddie! And we're both rats! So we'll be lucky this year!'

....*sigh* :(

I feel SO bad for saying that... I know I didn't KNOW, but....

Denjuu

What's the buzz?
Call me Mimi if you like...:)

I was on her myspace friends list....

One of her only comments is in my comments section... It's special to me...

I told her: 'It's the year of the rat, Maddie! And we're both rats! So we'll be lucky this year!'

....*sigh* :(

I feel SO bad for saying that... I know I didn't KNOW, but....

It's tough to lose a friend. I know how you feel....

SmartD

I will miss Maddie Baulstien. She has voiced many anime characters in her lifetime. Out of all of those characters was Meowth, which is my favorite. I will miss that voice.

Azuga

why so serious?
Maddie? she was the one that voiced meowth? how did she die in her sleep?

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
how did she die in her sleep?

I think she was really sick and it got to the point where... you know... 'that' happened. I heard that shortly before she went to sleep, she was complaining that she wasn't feeling to well. :(

I just told my friend about this today and she was really upset. She loved Meowth and Maddie. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.