1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Sandile Gusher of Change (662)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Black & White' started by Serebii, Sep 30, 2010.

1. tidus

tidus Member

anyone saw the trailer couple minutes ago with the fire starter does ash catch it seems like following his orders and meowth in some kind of black paint

2. Paul Ketchum

Paul Ketchum Remarkable!

Does this episode really qualify as a "capture" episode since Ash was pretty much given Mijumaru by Prof. Araragi?

3. Chimchar15

Chimchar15 Well-Known Member

What I want to know is how does Team Rocket jump so high? I mean yeah it's animated but still. Also pretty good episode, Ash got Mijumaru but there was no deep bonding at the end of the episode moment it was just caught.

4. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

This episode was totally hard to follow between audio failure and the Plot being kind of confusing towards the end. Honestly there was enough material here to fill two episodes (the Otter's capture and a Crocodile Filler) but they meshed it together. The first part was resolved a little less then ten minutes in with the rest revolving around ... whatever those Pokemon were doing.

SHOW START.

- Ash and Iris are having some type of ... leading problem ...
    - An argument in the works is broken up by the appearance of a certain Otter.

Opening. The only " reveal " was Koromori.

- It walks right up and starts hugging Ash.
    - Then Iris starts hugging the Otter. Otter does not want.
    - It just wants Ash. So much takes initiative in sitting on Pikachu's perch.
    - For some (newbie) reason Ash doesn't seem to register it wants to go with him right away.
    - Pikachu is irritated by it (in general) and tries to shock it. Otter deflects with its infinitely useful shell.
    - Okay. Now Ash gets it, but the Pokeball doesn't work for some reason.
    - In particular, it fails because the Otter's already owned by the Professor.
    - Easy fix. They go get the Pokeball transferred to them in town. (It's caught by Ash at this point)
    - Now when Ash goes to give it the good news it's gone. Great.
    - They go to look for it ... but fall in a hole.
    - Immediately they think its Team Rocket, but ...
    - Team Rocket seems to be running late, and falls into a hole.
    - Again, then land on their feet.
    - At the bottom of the hole TR finds the Ground Crocodile Pokemon-thing. Its wild but it has sunglasses?
    - A boy (CoTD) saves Ash and Iris and tell him that the Pokemon of the Day dug the hole.
    - It digs lots of holes, apparently.
    - The CotD runs a business with therapeutic sand that's disturbed by these critters.
    - Ash tries to lure them out by using the facilities.
    - It sorts of works, but only because Team Rocket tip it off that some Pokemon are there.

BREAK

- And now we're back. The Crocodile grabs Kibago (who is freed) and then Pikachu / Otter who are taken away.
    - Then Team Rocket grabs Pikachu/Otter/Crocodile as expected and runs.
    - Their getaway is stopped by the Crocodile's friends.
    - Team Rocket escape unharmed. Again.
    - Okay. Now I'm lost. Here's what I think is happening.
    - The Crocodiles have a group of Pokemon already that they're herding away ...
    - ... to safety. The mountain's about to blow.
    - The herded Pokemon are accidentally trapped and need to be saved.
    - The wild Crocodiles form a bridge across since the water's too hot to swim in.
    - Ash helps the trapped Pokemon across.
    - Then the Otter / Iris save Ash who's the last one left.
    - The day is saved. Who'd have guessed?
    - Uh oh. It looks like we got another tag-along (the Crocodile's Leader)

Oak's Lecture: The Isshu Starters

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  5. Chimchar15

Does anyone else feel that the starter Pokemon from Araragi's lab are really strong for starter Pokemon?

6. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

He saw them doing "bad stuff" he wouldnt want to join Team Rocket atleast i doubt it.

7. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

She actually saved Ash from fatality! That's more then Dawn ever did! The crying Marry Sue of the series! xD I still see them as friends up at this point, but the bond the two have is different then what Ash and Dawn had, and it's for the better.

Ash-Misty: Misty was basically teaching Ash most of the time (as Ash was a rookie)
    Ash-May: Ash was teaching May (as May had no prior example)
    Ash-Dawn: Ash was teaching Dawn (helping her through periods of depression)
    Ash-Iris: Iris tells Ash stuff, but Ash is stronger.

Ash-Iris is probably the most equal bond we have yet seen.

Australia is getting Galactic Battles.. That is the series after Ash gets to Canalave... This is the second series after that.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
    PK DP: Battle Dimension
    PK DP: Galactic Battles
    PK DP: Sinnoh Victors
    Pokemon Best Wishes

So you're a good two years away from where this episode takes place..

8. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

They're VERY strong starters. Mijumaru and Tsutarja were strong compared to other starters from the past. Maybe it's just a sign that their evos are even stronger.
    I think it's actually the first time Ash got a real starter pokemon from a professor lab.

9. Kopilas_ante

Kopilas_ante Pokemon Master

gaaah where can i watch this episode???!!!!!

10. Mayfan

Mayfan Wh-hoo!

So Ash gets his Mijumaru. All is right in the world now.

-Meguroco = cutest voice. Ever. Except Kibago's.
    -Awwww (referring to miju in the sand bath)
    -Hehe, gotta love Iris's face when Kibago pops up in the sand bath ("Even Kibago...")
    -What! Team Rocket fell into a pitfall that's not THEIR OWN!
    -LOVE the hand-grab scene.
    -Miju is caught officially.... yay!
    -Hee hee, leaning tower of Meguroco...

9/10

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  11. Locormus

This is true..

Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle were either abandoned by trainers, or wild. So Charmander and Squirtle might have been starter pokemon at one point.

Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile were all wild.

Treecko was wild

Turtwig and Chimchar were wild.. Well, Chimchar was trainer owned, but we know that it was wild prior to that.

Mijumaru is Ash's second pokemon to be given to him from a Professor, after Pikachu of course, but the first regular Starter.. Much in the same vein as May's Squirtle if you'd ask me.

12. Hyper Tails

Hyper Tails Power of Seven Chaos

It was hard to tell whether it was listening to Ash or Iris. Also, a Janoby was seen rolling in front of Ash during a battle, but that doesn't mean it was his either.

13. Locormus

It wasn't hard to tell, it just wasn't possible at all, we just saw Pokabu using a move.. Anyway, we saw Iris pinching Pokabu's cheeks, like she did with Pikachu.. Then we see Ash hunching forward in the street as if 'hunting' or stealthely approaching something...

Meowth was in disguise as an Umbreon, but this is not the place to talk about this.

I only fell in at the halfway point, but this episode, the latter half, was just so confusing that I really didn't like it.. I liked the whole bridge thing, but visually I wasn't very impressed.. I still think that Meguroko is a dull pokemon..

Iris saving Ash was a nice touch though.. Puts her ahead of Dawn already..

14. Chimchar15

Yeah it was somewhat confusing but hopefully when we get translations for this episode we'll understand it better.

15. Hyper Tails

Hyper Tails Power of Seven Chaos

Something I did wonder: Is this Mijumaru a female that has a crush on Ash like Chikorita? Or just a male that really likes him? Is there any distinct difference to be able to tell with Mijumaru?

16. RageKaiser

RageKaiser Chespin :D

That episode wasn't as good as the last two, I must say. But i'm happy Mijumaru is finally Ash's. I wasn't very happy with the music at all (Yes I know, music isn't everything, but it's important to me)

3 episodes in a row without a TR blastoff, are they done for good? I wonder how long it'll last.

17. tidus

tidus Member

i really like the change in the look of the nurses for this region. glad Ash finally got Mijumaru.
    ur right Gregguru this is 3rd epi with no blast off i'm guessing for this season the uniform is not the only thing that is different.
    2nd half epi confused me too did anyone else have trouble streaming it mine kept breaking up so couldn't really tell what was going on sometimes.
    really liked the preview for the next epi didn't know that was supposed to be a umbreon wonder how many people he can fool.

18. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I kinda have to say that after seeing this episode, mijumaru wasn't really captured more so returned to it's ball from falling into the boiling hot water after using water gun to block an impromptu spout of water. Still Ash got it in an intresting mannor at least.

I liked how the croc's formed a bridge by biting each others tails for Ash and the pokemon to cross, I also found it funny that Iris saved Ash (normally Ash is the one doing the saving.) and that in the end they were in the new hot spring at the same time (kids will be kids i suppose cause last time I saw hotsprings in the anime they had a barrier set up for the boys and girls, or the writers don't care anymore I guess.)

Depsite the seriousness of TR they kinda took off quite quickly when all the other croc's showed up, I know thier trying to be serious but at the same time that's cowardly on thier part, you think they would at least put up a fight and then retreat.

I don't like the way the episode ended though, the glasses croc reappeared in a rather foreshadowing way :( I really hope that's not the case.

19. Koh

Koh Tamer

I just watched it. It was pretty decent. Why did they use the evolution music as "tension" music though? Up next: Cute Li'l POKABU!

20. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

That usually in those Hot springs were you go naked... they werent naked obviously.