• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sandile Gusher of Change (662)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Speaking of Mamepato..

WHY DIDN'T THOSE "TRAPPED" WITH THE OTHER POKEMON AT THE END JUST FLY AWAY?

Seriously, that made no sense at all.

So then I'm not alone, yay!:

The wild Meguroko surprised me when they started getting into all sorts of groovy positions and they built a bridge for the wild Pokemon to use in order to cross the hot water (why couldn't the Mamepato just fly?).

I asked this too, though nobody bothered answering since it seems kind of obvious that this is an anime, therefore, it is a piece of fiction. I asked it rhetorically since I knew the writers just had the Mamepato there for show and that they hadn't really planned to do much else with them. It was just convenient for the writers to add Mamepato since we'd seen them before. Better than adding some other Pokemon.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Speaking of Mamepato..

WHY DIDN'T THOSE "TRAPPED" WITH THE OTHER POKEMON AT THE END JUST FLY AWAY?

Seriously, that made no sense at all.
I thought the same thing. I was trying to think if maybe the dialogue might have said something like their wings being damaged or something but then when everyone else started crossing they flew off anyway.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Plenty of AshxIris moments though. I'm hoping this becomes canon. Ash and Iris accusing each other of following each other is pretty funny.

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
hey does anyone know where to watch an english subbed version of this ep.

thebluemarc

King of the World
I don't get why Megurou needed to "kidnap" Pikachu and Mijumaru. Can someone explain it to me?

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Ok ep to me, it was kinda hard to understand still it was nice. I really love Mijumaru in this ep, it was just so cute ^^

Desecrator

Of course Mijumaru will evolve - just like stunning couture diva Chikorita did. Because of it's marketable cuteness it should take quite some time though. I'm just frustrated that Ash had to catch that fugly bird. It's my least favourite early-routes bird pokemon ever. -_-"

Last edited:

Snegy

Doctor WHO?
Even though Iris does not have the notorial personality she very much needed to set her apart from the other girls and make this series even better, I like where the writers are going with the "traveling with Ash for no obvious reason" thing. At the start of the episode, Ash's actually asking her why is she following him, to what she replies he's the one following her! Eventually, though, she confirms she figured Ash didn't know the region enough to walk around alone and she decided to go with him... She complains he can't even thank her. Also, if anyone's interested, she confirms she's a pokémon trainer later on.

The start of the episode was very awesome. Mijumaru really is a great pokémon and the whole showing up outta the blue and begging to be Ash's really was cool. Too bad it followed with that Meguroko storyline. That's what should be avoided nowadays in the anime.

Meguroko dragged Miju and Pika because it wanted to warn everybody about the upcoming events, showing the pokémon they were trying to save. Ash later said it attacked Kibago because it wanted to alert about the upcoming problem, too.

Anyways, overral it was a nice episode and I like how they're managing Team Rocket and Iris. Let's see what's up next!

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Haha Ash is actually asking why the hell Iris is following him.
-And now they're trying to walk faster than each other! I know this level of aggressiveness won't last long, but it'll be hilarious until it dies and gets replaced with "Iris and Ash are best buds 4ever ^_^"
-Iris calling Ash a kid is going to be her schtick, isn't it?
-Hey, it's Stalkermaru! And the OP!
-I still can't get over TR's balloon not being a Meowth anymore. It just feels so...wrong. Even in flashbacks.
-Iris thinks Mijimaru is cute. I agree!
-Haha, Miji bumped Pikachu off Ash's shoulder.
-Pikachu does not approve of letting Miji into the team. Bah, who cares about that rat's opinion.
-Ash finally figures out that Miji is the one from Araragi's. Luckily for him, Araragi doesn't mind letting Miji travel with him. Like anyone couldn't see THAT one coming.
-Megurkoko's kind of an asshole. But Pokemon are never assholes for no reason(aside from that one Teddiursa in Johto and that one Togepi in DP)...
-Ash, taking your clothes off and burying yourself in sand is not how you help characters of the day. Have you forgotten EVERYTHING from the past four generations?
-Here comes Meguroko! Cue the Jaws theme!
-How the hell is Meguroko being held up by that...thing...TR's using?
-TR's gone, the Meguroko let Miji and Pikachu free in front of a group of...random wild POkemon? That look worried? Oh god this is totally another "HUMANS BUILDING THINGS DESTROYS POKEMON TERRITORY, WHICH MAKES THE POKEMON SAD" episode, isn't it?
-Or geisers are erupting everywhere and everyone has to get out now. Either one works.
-Brilliant idea Ash. Running into the BOILING HOT WATER is sure to turn out well.
-brb writing my congressmen to get him to fund goddamn alligator bridges in my area.
-...you know, why are the Mamepato so worried? I mean, they have wings! They can fly away!
-Everything's settled except for one pressing question...just where did that one wild Meguroko get a pair of glasses?
-Oak just won't go away, will he? Now he has a Pokemon Live Caster bit(and it's EXACTLY that, mind you - it's said in hilarious Engrish when the segment starts). Come on, let Araragi do it or something! I'm sick of Oak!

ShadowDragon16

I was wondering about that one Meguroko with the sunglasses. Team Rocket ran into it in the hole it dug, next thing its behind them. Could James have caught it off screen?

thebluemarc

King of the World
If James caught it off-screen, do you think the megoroku would attack the TR mecha?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Finally saw the episode. Agreed, that it was kinda meh, but Mijumaru more than makes up for it with its squishiness-quality!

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I watched it at gogoanime, with subs, lol at how mijumaru showed it liked ash and deflected the electricity with his shell and hit ash. Lol at iris being a noob as well, how about serebii posting a link instead of the stupid episode pictures

gliscor&yanmega

I don't get why Megurou needed to "kidnap" Pikachu and Mijumaru. Can someone explain it to me?

Well the sub of it explained that Meguroko was trying to warn people to move out of the area because of the hot spring. So maybe it took Pikachu and Mijumaru so Ash and the other would follow, thus keeping them out of danger. It is rather hard if you don't understand the language or you're not watching it with subs.

I was wondering about that one Meguroko with the sunglasses. Team Rocket ran into it in the hole it dug, next thing its behind them. Could James have caught it off screen?

I don't see how you drew that conclusion. If it was caught wouldn't it have went with James? And it didn't seem like James, Jessie, or Meowth understood why the thing followed them(At less that's what the sub says).

Sponge

I came here to post this but it seems like others have had the same idea...

I just watched this episode and I'm confused as to why the Mamepato didn't just fly away? o_O

On another note, it seems to me like Ash's Mamepato is just another flier pokemon for the inevitable sky searching....:/

Last edited:

Krizor

Evil Genius
Mijumaru's capture was very different, I like how they didn't completely disregard the rule that you can't capture an already captured Pokemon and Ash had to obtain it in the proper manner.

Other than that, this episode was pretty boring.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I agree. Mijumaru was the only thing that kept the plot interesting(for like 10 mins), otherwise it was kind of boring.