• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sandshrew's Storm! An Ice Hole Double Battle!! (1023)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1023.jpg

A Sandshrew's Storm! An Ice Hole Double Battle!!

Heading back from Mt. Hokulani, Ash & co. decide to take a shortcut through a cave. However, the group gets separated from eachother causing Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles to meet a group of Alolan Sandshrew. They learn that the Sandshrew are trying to protect their cave from a Tyranitar. Lillie decides to challenge the Tyranitar on behalf of Sandshrew. Will she be able to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Leader A.Sandshrew used the 'Ice Stone' that Sophocles found and evolved.

After that Lillie got 'Icium Z' from A.Sandslash, and Charjabug found another 'Ice Stone' which Lillie takes, and asks if Shiron wanted to evolve then or not, but it didn't want to.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I called the Icium Z. Ha! And of course she doesn't catch a Sandshrew.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Too bad she didn't catch a Sandshrew.
Lille getting a Icium Z just made me happy.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok, so it wasn't exactly a capture or new move, but Lillie did step up and did really great in her first battle. Plus it wasn't a total filler since she got the Icium Z and even got an Ice Stone that she could use in the future if Snowy wants.

At the very least this confirms another Lillie episode soon enough where she gets the Z ring :).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Unfortunately one of the Sandshrew wasn't caught but it was great to see Lillie get two things, an Icium Z and an Ice Stone. Things are definitely looking good for Lillie. But the Tyranitar battle was unfortunately cut short because it ran away.

AshSerena

They also explain Mallow,Sophocles dream.
Mallow wants to see people who eat her food to be happy/smile forever from now.
Sophocles wants to be a Space Astronaut
As for Lillie, she still not sure about it. For now she having fun bonding with pokemon and maybe she can see what she wants to do someday

I'm sad she did not caught the Alola Sandshrew but Happy at the same time since she get both Ice Crystal and Ice Stone

D

Deleted member 384931

They also explain Mallow,Sophocles dream.
Sophocles wants to be a Space Astronaut
As for Lillie, she still not sure about it. For now she having fun bonding with pokemon and maybe she can see what she wants to do someday
God that is so random! Couldnt they do that in the beginning of the series?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

Guess this almost proves we would have Mallow VS Guzzlord, with a cook-off and eating challenge.

I mean if she can satisfy the hunger of a UB like Guzzlord, which is known for its insatiable hunger and make it happy. Then that would be the greatest achievement for a cook like her.

D

Deleted member 384931

Guess this almost proves we would have Mallow VS Guzzlord, with a cook-off and eating challenge.

I mean if she can satisfy the hunger of a UB like Guzzlord, which is known for its insatiable hunger and make it happy. Then that would be the greatest achievement for a cook like her.
And development for Mallow

Rohanator

God that is so random! Couldnt they do that in the beginning of the series?
Well with Mallow it's simply her expressing another side of the dream we already knew she had. She's been working to make their restaurant successful and overtime has gotten more and more appreciative of people enjoying her food, this is better done gradually than immediately just listing off all the things that make her happy.

With Sophocles it probably stems a lot from the last episode, but anyhow an astronaut is a pretty normal chid's dream, not something we will ever ACTUALLY see him work towards much in Pokemon, we might get like one episode of Molayne taking him to a space ship or something. So that doesn't really benefit from an early reveal either.

DatsRight

This wasn't a bad episode, though I'm disappointed in the expected regards. No capture obviously, and the battle was pretty much a short glorified curb stomp, and mostly through Sandshrew (though it was nice to see Snowy actually use Hail and Aurora Veil). Icium Z does add something dynamic however (with Lillie and Snowy even having their own Get! pose).

It was neat seeing the lower tier protagonists get an episode together at least, as well as a 'scattered team' episode that didn't end up just about one character paired off with Meowth like XY did with ALL it's instances. There felt like some missed opportunities for interactions here however. A shame Pikachu's team got zero focus in particular, I would have liked more solo Pokemon interactions.

I'm surprised they don't just officially give Charjabug Dig and Pickup. :p

Last edited:

TheScentedApple

Was there a reason the sandshrew/sandslash that evolved was so big as a sandshrew?? I heard them call it a totem pokemon (i think) but it didn't have the aura of one

DatsRight

Was there a reason the sandshrew/sandslash that evolved was so big as a sandshrew?? I heard them call it a totem pokemon (i think) but it didn't have the aura of one

Well episodes like the Passimian one have toyed with giving groups of the same Pokemon divergent designs, so maybe it's just a buff one.