• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sandshrew's Storm! An Ice Hole Double Battle!! (1023)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Not entirely sure how Hail managed to revive the Sandshrew, but hey, anime logic

It's basically a case of "let's expose a Pokemon to an element matching its type to heal it up".

Like giving an Electric-type a battery or something.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
It's basically a case of "let's expose a Pokemon to an element matching its type to heal it up".

I mean, it makes a lot more sense in terms of electricity, because it’s electricity. TBH, though, I don’t really care about moments like those within the anime; laughing about their absurdity is fun and all, but when it gets in the way of you actually enjoying the show, then that’s when you should start employing some suspension of disbelief and move on.

lolipiece

Staff member
But Sandshrew is immune to Sandstorm because they steel types

And what does that have to do with what I said?

I said Hail was for healing, not for preventing them from being hurt by Sandstorm.

p96822

Evolve me please
And what does that have to do with what I said?

I said Hail was for healing, not for preventing them from being hurt by Sandstorm.

But Hail does even has that power. Unless they had icec body as an ability. Also I mean that they should be effected by the Sandstorm because of there Steel Typing

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And I guess in some way the Sandshrew in the anime preferred the Hail because of Hail being an Ice-type move and Sandstorm being a Ground-type move because their type more closely matches with the type of Hail rather than Sandstorm.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

In that case, I would like to see something like healing/powering an injured Fairy-type Pokemon with Draining Kiss in the anime. :p

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Really I found this episode really boring. They give a force reason why the group were separated. They don't give us a reason why Marowak was acting like that and he never apologized for what he did. They didn't do anything with Ash, Kiawe, Lana, Rotom and the other Pokemon making more of their scenes more as filler then anything else.

Besides Sophiple and Mallow talking about their dreams, I didn't really care what happening with the Alolan Sandshrew. I found the battle to be really lazy. They could have shown Sandshrew Slush Rush ability that it has, but it felt more like it Metal Claw did more of the job to take out Tyranitar. Also I'm asking why didn't Sandshrew didn't use Metal Claw before Lillie got involved. Really I do feel like the Z crystal is not need for Lillie, but she did something very similar to Ash of jumping into action and helping out the giant Sandshrew. Remember Tapu Koko found Ash worthy of the the Z ring and the Electricium Z Crystal and Team Rocket saving Acerola even though this is not something Farfetch'd that they would do.

Beside that I found this episode really boring. They really didn't do anything with the main cast, the battle was way too short and could have showcast Lillie struggling a little bit more with Tyranitar also they should have given us a better reason of splitting up the group

lolipiece

Staff member
They give a force reason why the group were separated.

You're making a big deal over what was nothing more than a convenient excuse to get them separated. It doesn't really matter.

They don't give us a reason why Marowak was acting like that and he never apologized for what he did.

It wanted to show off the moss on its bone. You can see it playing with the stuff just before it goes crazy.

They didn't do anything with Ash, Kiawe, Lana, Rotom and the other Pokemon making more of their scenes more as filler then anything else.

It's not their episode. Why give intense focus on characters that are otherwise irrelevant? It's not like their scenes cut that much time out of the episode.

Besides Sophiple and Mallow talking about their dreams, I didn't really care what happening with the Alolan Sandshrew. I found the battle to be really lazy. They could have shown Sandshrew Slush Rush ability that it has, but it felt more like it Metal Claw did more of the job to take out Tyranitar. Also I'm asking why didn't Sandshrew didn't use Metal Claw before Lillie got involved.

Does it matter? Even with a strong attack, the Sandshrew lacked the defenses needed to last long enough to beat it. It was Aurora Veil that led to victory.

D

Deleted member 384931

Sandshrew should have use Metal Claw before Lillie came to helped out.
Yeah. Lillie gets many things without doing anything for it. Lana fought for the crystal, Lillie didnt. Lana faced a Totem, Lillie didnt. I dont find it deserved. And how the heck does Lillie knows which moves Sandrew knew?

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Sandshrew should have use Metal Claw before Lillie came to helped out.

That’s true, but I think you’re letting a few plot holes hinder your enjoyment of the episode a bit too much.

Yeah. Lillie gets many things without doing anything for it. Lana fought for the crystal, Lillie didnt. Lana faced a Totem, Lillie didnt. I dont find it deserved. And how the heck does Lillie knows which moves Sandrew knew?

How did Lillie “not do anything” to deserve the Z-Crystal? She helped the Sandshrew save their home from a Tyranitar; I think that deserves some sort of reward. Also, I agree that it’s dumb how Lillie somehow knew Sandshrew could use Metal Claw from out of nowhere, but she is a bookish sort; perhaps she read somewhere that Alolan Sandshrew can use Metal Claw...but that doesn’t really excuse it.

D

Deleted member 384931

That’s true, but I think you’re letting a few plot holes hinder your enjoyment of the episode a bit too much.

How did Lillie “not do anything” to deserve the Z-Crystal? She helped the Sandshrew save their home from a Tyranitar; I think that deserves some sort of reward. Also, I agree that it’s dumb how Lillie somehow knew Sandshrew could use Metal Claw from out of nowhere, but she is a bookish sort; perhaps she read somewhere that Alolan Sandshrew can use Metal Claw...but that doesn’t really excuse it.
I meant, she didnt find a Totem and defeating a Tyrinitar just like that doesnt make sense cause it is shown to be a really strong pokemon

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
"Lillie gets many things without doing anything for it?" What? Nearly everything Lillie has gotten she has had to work for. She had to work for her close bond with Shiron. She had to work to overcome her fear of touching Pokémon. She had to work through her traumatic memories that caused her fear in the first place.

Before Lillie stepped in to help, the Sandshrew's strategy against Tyranitar was to literally throw themselves at the dragon with hopes of doing damage—which isn't much of a strategy at all. Lillie came up with an actual strategy, and that strategy worked. Lillie may not be an experienced Trainer, but she is very knowledgeable, and she put that knowledge to use. She legitimately earned that Icium Z.

Fighting a Totem Pokémon isn't the only way to earn a Z-Crystal—in the games or in the anime. Lillie helped the Sandshrew defeat Tyranitar, and Sandslash felt that deserved a Z-Crystal.

p96822

Evolve me please
Okay I'm not going to talk about if Lillie got to where she is today by hard work or it's just giving to her. In my opinion she didn't really work her touching all Pokemon because it was more of a psychological than anything else. It kind of take away of Lillie going at her own pace then getting rid of it all together. I would have want Lillie being able to touch Pokemon again, but make it more as a slow pace then she can touch all of them now. Or I rather had Nihilego used it neurotoxicos the reason why she can't touch Pokemon.

Also the Sandshrew's were kind of dumb of not switching up there moves. I rather have Lillie teaching the Sandshrew to use other moves. I did say as well in one of my post that this is not the only way of getting a Z Crystal. Mostly Ash got his when Tapu Koko was teaching him

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
What? Lillie helped save the Sandshrew from a Tyranitar. How does that not warrant an award?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
People are just grasping at straws if they think Lillie didn't "deserve" getting a z crystal and other nonsense. With that logic you can say that pretty much every other character are getting things that they don't deserve, especially Ash Ketchum *cough* 10,000,000 volt thunderbolt*cough*
Let just say that there's people who don't like that Lillie getting more spotlights than that other Pokegirl. It would be clearer that way.