• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sappy Ending! (121)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ash should just have used his Charizard to crush that robot Pinsir of Team Rocket.

If he had, the TR conflict would've ended in seconds though lol. But Heracross needed to have a chance to shine here instead of Charizard, which is why Charizard wasn't used.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash should just have used his Charizard to crush that robot Pinsir of Team Rocket.

He could've, although I noticed that the writers of these early Jouto episodes tended to leave Satoshi's Lizardon out of scenarios where his power would've affected the plot too much. We needed Heracross to prove its worth anyway, which is probably also why Lizardon didn't show up here.

DatsRight

He could've, although I noticed that the writers of these early Jouto episodes tended to leave Satoshi's Lizardon out of scenarios where his power would've affected the plot too much. We needed Heracross to prove its worth anyway, which is probably also why Lizardon didn't show up here.

Probably the reason they chose to put Charizard on the bus a quick bit into Johto since after starting to obey Ash, it not getting utilised anymore in ideal situations didn't make much sense, making Ash either look stupid or overpowered.

James being savvy to Victreebell and running into a bush was hilarious.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened throughout the episode, but at least Ash caught Heracross. Woodruff was okay for the character of the day, even if he didn't do anything. He just basically explained everything that is going on in the episode. A couple of those Team Rocket scenes were hilarious, though. French Toast! Pancakes! Belgian Waffles! Makes me want to have these again by going out to breakfast such as IHOP.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Musashi's idea of taking advantage of the tree sap was kind of brilliant, actually. It was one of her more creative ideas, and it wouldn't have been difficult either since the wild Pokemon in the forest were doing all the work for her already.

Heracross being the first Johto Pokemon that Ash caught brings a warm feeling to my heart since Heracross was one of my favorite Johto Pokemon. I liked the war between the Pinsir side and the Heracross side and how Ash's new Heracross was attracted to tree sap and Bulbasaur's bulb, even if the sucking scene was disturbing. Team Rocket's plans for how to use the sap were funny too, although I felt that their presence here felt more redundant than usual.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Team Rocket's plans for how to use the sap were funny too, although I felt that their presence here felt more redundant than usual.

Given that we already had conflict in this episode involving two tribes of Bug-type Pokemon, I suppose that I can see why the Rocket-dan might've felt out of place since they weren't adding anything new to the plot of this episode other than their usually greedy schemes.

So we got another forest full of Bug types including Butterfree, Heracross and Pinsir which reminded me of the Viridian Forest episode when Ash first began his journey. Misty should've been way more scared in this episode than she was and I thought that Ash's Heracross was kind of gross since he kept going after Bulbasaur's flower bud which had all kinds of weird implications. At least Ash got his first Johto Pokemon in this episode. 7/10

Heracross is so cute! Hehehe the IHOP reference.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"So many real life references for a Johto episode"

Episode: 6/10