• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Scare In The Air! (084)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Scare In The Air!

Heading to the Orange Islands, Ash takes part ina Lottery and wins a quick way there, a Blimp ride...but when the Blimp turns out to be old and in control of Team Rocket. And to make things worse...the Blimp may be haunted. Will Ash & Co. survive?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

~*Aurora Wish*~

I QUIT THIS FORUM!!!
Wait, was this the one where the blimp was tipping from side to side because of the pokemon?

M

Mistystar89

^I think if I'm not wrong. I liked this episode. 8.5/10

O

Ororo Munroe

I really like how Misty was determined to find Togepi and was walking on that small beam with Bulbasaur's help.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It was strange watching this episode for the first time (apart from a brief glimpse on Cartoon Network) under the original name of "A Scare in the Air". My recording of the episode, which is now gone, had it under the 9/11-changed name of "Spirits in the Sky", and that's how I got used to calling the episode.

Anyway, I find it a little strange how Giovanni just happened to transfer Team Rocket to the Blimp Brigade just as the twerps were about to fly to Valencia Island. I know he doesn't like the trio so much in the later days, but something definitely seemed odd about his timing (even more so than him suddenly leaving the Viridian gym right before Ash's gym battle).

I know my favorite part of the episode has to be the part when Team Rocket keep emptying out the two tanks to try and balance the blimp, and the twerps keep sliding back and forth. ROFLOL :D I also like the part when everyone sees Jigglypuff covered in a sheet and think she's a ghost. Jigglypuff was definitely hilarious in this episode. :)

JONNO.FRESH

an ok epi. i didnt really like it much as there wasnt much battling going on. 6/10

Battra

A good episode to begin our gangs trip around the Orange Islands, I like how TR thought they were getting a promotion despite the fact that they've done nothing to deserve on throughout the entire series. I liked Misty's determination to find Togepi and her use of Bulbasaur to get Togepi though why she just didn't have Bulbasaur grab Togepi in the first place I don't know. I assume that someone read an address wrong on arriving to the airfield since there's noway that a company would give a blimp ride on a blimp that was falling apart for fear of a lawsuit.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Who in their right mind would get onto that blimp?

You could tell just by looking at it, that the thing was an accident waiting to happen.

Ice T. Sackboy

凸(●´―`●)凸
This episode was a good start of the Orange Islands arc. After many episodes, Team Rocket hasn't changed a bit. I did feel disturbed that they'd let Ash ride for free on a worn out blimp so they can make it to Valencia Island. What was the point of doing it if they knew they couldn't control a "first class" blimp? o_O

Tadashi

kiss my greens
There totally was a daruma on the windowsill in the cafeteria. /dork. I love seeing Japanese references that weren't edited out ^_^ I still can't believe that blimp managed to stay in the air for as long as it did... o_o And that was the lamest blimp crash ever, lol. But it's okay, I still found the episode to be fairly enjoyable.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Strange episode, i didn't like it at all...
It was scary for Misty when she saved Togepi, but it was good when she managed to save it.

A preety good espiode overall.I have not saw it in a long time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was amazing, truely scary. I mean, Team Rocket was in charge of the blimp? They're idiots. It was insane!

Loved that Togepi went missing, causing everyone to look for it. It was scary, they were so high up in the air and it was dark in the blimp.

At least it crashed on their destination :S 10/10

JohnLee

It was amazing, truely scary. I mean, Team Rocket was in charge of the blimp? They're idiots. It was insane!

Loved that Togepi went missing, causing everyone to look for it. It was scary, they were so high up in the air and it was dark in the blimp.

At least it crashed on their destination :S 10/10

I'm still really scared of heights, but during this episode I had that feeling in my stomach that I was going to fall! Team Rocket should never fly a blimp ever again. Too bad that do :/