• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Scare In The Air! (084)

RickHoenn

Banned
Oh memories! the first episode of the new adventure for the gang, with this I'm finally starting to watch my newly-acquired Orange League DVD, I'm so ****ing happy!!! :D

Well this was another amazing episode, haha the opening still is the Gotta Catch 'Em All, Ash says not always he can loose! LOL :p They finally reach Valencia Island after a very trainwreck travel!

10/10 Great and exciting start!

G50

No longer posting
Didn't really like this episode. Balancing out the blimp was really funny especially when heavy Onix was really tipping the blimp almost all the way over.. Was definitely a bad place for Togepi to get lost in, good thing Misty got it back. It was not a bright idea to even get on the blimp in the 1st place.

5/100

You know, I thought for sure that Ash was going to send out Charizard the way Brock sent out Onix!

When you think about it, wouldn;t geodude have been a bit too heavy as well?

Wow, for (technically) the official beginning of the Orange Islands arc, this one could've been a bit better.

It was okay, but not too great.

Aquarelle

Staff member
This episode freaked me out a lot when I was younger. When I saw how broken down the blimp looked, I was certain that something would go wrong when they were flying in it. I was also convinced that they were going to crash horribly and die for some reason (because I would have been like 6 when this aired o_O).

I did like the parts with Jigglypuff, especially when it was a "ghost." I also like how this episode began the Orange Islands arc, because I was eager to see what they were like.

Vernikova

Champion
Bad episode. Why didn't Team Rocket stay on the Blimp Brigade anyway? Team Rocket wasn't amusing and Jigglypuff wasn't funny. The tipping scene in the blimp was meh at best. There was not one redeeming quality in this episode.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Vulpix!
First episode of the new journey and we get to see my favourite animé Pokémon, Jigglypuff! I liked the idea of the Blimp, although I don't see how Togepi got that far in such a short time... considering it's size. Team Rocket, as usual, made this episode fun. I never seem to get bored of them. :3
Why make Bulbasaur hold Misty when it could have just Vine Whip'd Togepi down...?

Blessed

A good episode to start the gang's journey into the Orange Islands. It was scary when they were in the blimp and I loved Misty's determination in finding Togepi when it wandered off. The whole blimp thing was just ominous in general because of what was said by it. Well, at least in the end they made it to their destination.

Last edited:
An exciting start of the season. Jigglypuff had a very cool role in this. Good that Misty refused to leave without Togepi, that shows her love for the egg, which is a great thing. One of the worst Original Series episodes, which means it's great, so 8/10.

7threst

A nice introduction to the Orange Island Series with a interesting synopsis. I always mistakenly confuse this with that other episode at the end of the Orange Islands series for some apparent reason lol.

It was kind of said for Giovanni to purposely set The Trio up like that. But, it was good to see Ash commanding all the Pokemon to go left and right to steer the blimp. It reminded me when they were on the St Anne and he told the Pokemon to go to the other side.

NPT

Just a member
A grood start of the Orange league saga. It's odd that Giovani made Team Rocket in charge of the blimp, I liked when Misty was worried about her Togepi.
After seeing the condition of the blimp, I knew it was gonna crash ........ and it did. But at least it crashed on Valencia island, where Ash, Misty and Brock wanted to go.

It always amazes me how, being a baby Pokemon, Togepi never seems to get easily scared over everything.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I love episodes where TR pull off crazy schemes, hence why I loved that they tricked Ash and friends into boarding the blimp. I usually dislike seeing Pokemon getting lost, but Togepi made it work since it added to the chaos and comedy of the situation. I didn't care for Jigglypuff though. I was done with its singing by mid-OS.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Team rocket set up the blimp ride as a plan to steal Pikachu it was just so convoluted but funny. Togepi getting lost made things more intense also and I liked how Jigglypuff appeared to help. ^_^

Gillachu

Banned
I liked how Togepi was so fearless lol. It literally could have died during its little adventure on the blimp, but it didn't bat an eye. ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Togepi was so fearless lol. It literally could have died during its little adventure on the blimp, but it didn't bat an eye. ;)

I liked that too, although it seemed like he was more naive than fearless to me ha ha. I was nervous when Misty was walking on the metal rail to get Togepi tho since her rope didn't seem too secure.

JudySpell

Banned
We saw an actual daruma doll which was neat and I liked how Jigglypuff followed Ash and co on the blimp. Togepi getting lost was boring. 6.5/10

Togepi becoming lost was my favorite scene since we saw some intense stuff while Ash's friends went looking for him on Giovanni's blimp.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Watching Satoshi's journey to the Orange Archipelago on the Rocket-dan's new dirigible was enticing. I liked seeing all the antics on board, like when Togepy went missing, and then when the storm happened. The crash landing on Daidai Island scene was pretty hardcore, too. This was a really good episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked how TR thought that they were getting a promotion despite the fact that they've done nothing to deserve on throughout the entire series. I also liked Misty's determination to find Togepi too and her use of Ash's Bulbasaur to get Togepi.