• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shape of Things To Come (483)

Crimsonmon

Boulder Trainer
I have nor seen the episode yet. Only seen the ScreenShot. But from what i can see how dose Sleath Rockl Hurt the Pokemon? I mean they on;ly hurt when the foe is switched like spikes. Yet this rock like sticks where large like gravestones and spread far apart! There4 i don't get how they work?

They just stopped Elekid from moving around.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Besides for this episode, Shinji's doing pretty well for himself. Just to think that he was supposed to be a beginner. Not in my book he's not. I was hoping that Ash could catch up faster to his pace but that's rivalry for ya. But I was even more interested on why were they making full episodes with Shinji in them. He's constantly showing up more than 12 episodes in a row and I was wondering if Shinji should have just been apart of the main cast and stop this running around. But I guess not. Producers suck.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
They just stopped Elekid from moving around.
No they didn't :/
The rocks are planted into the ground, and whenever a new pokémon is sent into battle, the rocks levitate, glow and crash into the opponent.

Irene

Rather bizarre
Okay, like some people have already told, and I will tell it again, HYOUTA WAS NOT MAD AT SHINJI AT ALL.
I just finished watching the thing, and never I saw him mad, or heard him yelling, or just showing anger towards the young opponent.

I can see people hating Shinji because of his temper, but why putting in other character's mouths words they NEVER told?
That's what p***es me off of certain people.

Anyway, except for the sloppy animation, and the over shown 'dude and Onyx, I saw nothing terrible in this episode. Hyouta loves his fossils and this is automatic win. Zugaidos looked cool and I absolutely have no problems in seeing disadvantaged types winning. Hydro Pump often misses even in the GAMES, and probably Hyouta's Geodude had a higher level than the (I suppose) poorly trained Azumarill of Shinji. Also, if the one Elekid was using was REALLY Brick Break, I see no reason of complaining (Super Effective against Rock anyone?).

I absolutely have no problems in seeing disadvantaged types winning. Hydro Pump often misses even in the GAMES, and probably Hyouta's Geodude had a higher level than the (I suppose) poorly trained Azumarill of Shinji.

You should know that even water-type pokemon with lowest level has much bigger chances for winning against Geodude. Your water pokemon can be on level 5 or 6, and Geodude may have level 10- if the first one uses as strong attack as Hydro Pump, Geodude will lose. Hydro Pump misses sometimes, that's true, but Azumarill's attack didn't miss. Geodude blocked it =/

Weav-vile

Totally!
Gosssh!
I can't understand why on this earth so many people continuously complain about every single DP episode. So far, all of them have been pretty cool; the only thing I think it's wrong is the animation, but it's not the worst of all anime I've seen in my life, hell no! Even though it's not excellent, it's still good for me.
There're some people here that always say that the episode in question bored them, remarking that they're not gonna see the next one. But guess what? The new episode comes and here they are again, complaining like mindless children. C'mon!
What's the problem with Shinji winning another battle? And I see no problem with Elekid winning and Azumarill losing either... Hey now, it's the anime! You all know it's different from the games, thanks God! You gotta agree it needs a shine for itself, huh?
Get real, stop acting like idiots or just stop watching the anime, seriously. :S

- Nozomi

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Geodude blocked it =/
And as I pointed out on the page before this one, it used a projectile attack on the Hydro Pump. I don't understand what the problem is. It's not like the thing screamed "RAWR! I AM GEODUDE!" and swated the attack away.

Irene

Rather bizarre
You should know that even water-type pokemon with lowest level has much bigger chances for winning against Geodude. Your water pokemon can be on level 5 or 6, and Geodude may have level 10- if the first one uses as strong attack as Hydro Pump, Geodude will lose. Hydro Pump misses sometimes, that's true, but Azumarill's attack didn't miss. Geodude blocked it =/

O RLY? I seriously didn't know that.

Bah, Gravy has already explained why Geodude was able to win.

After all, this is the anime where a Pikachu can take down a Regice with a Volt Tackle Attack.
Who can say that Hyouta's Geodude is not just as uber as Ash's rat? o.o

What's the problem with Shinji winning another battle? And I see no problem with Elekid winning and Azumarill losing either... Hey now, it's the anime! You all know it's different from the games, thanks God!You gotta agree it needs a shine for itself, huh?
Why are you happy with this fact? I think, its a big minus of anime. It doesn't follow levels, doesn't follow pokemon-types. I don't know what is so great about it.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I liked the three small battles that Shinji had with the gym leader and that lastt one was really good.

Last edited:

Weav-vile

Totally!
Why are you happy with this fact? I think, its a big minus of anime. It doesn't follow levels, doesn't follow pokemon-types. I don't know what is so great about it.

Of course it does follow these aspects you mentioned; it just doesn't need to show every one of them. You know, everything can happen... Even in the game.
However, I still like the anime the way it is. And you got to agree with me when I say that Shinji X Hyouta was a tense battle! =P
I simply loved it, and I loved how a guest character got so much screen time too.

- Nozomi

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
The more I see Shinji in action, the more I like him AND his personality. He is easily the definition of your typical competitive battler. I hope Ash at least learns SOMETHING about strategy from him.

And as I pointed out on the page before this one, it used a projectile attack on the Hydro Pump. I don't understand what the problem is. It's not like the thing screamed "RAWR! I AM GEODUDE!" and swated the attack away.
You have to admit that it'd be really funny, though :D

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Because realistically, levels would not make a lick of sense outside an RPG.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I'm so glad Azumarill didnt do much in the battle. I dont like it at all....

For me, it's always a nice thing to see the "classic" rock Pokemon on the show. They are very cool and dont bother me at all.
Zugaidosu was as cool as I expected it to be. But I dont like the fact it used Flamethrower(though I do like fire attacks in general)...it gives it a dragon-like touch, which is a bit cheap IMO.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
Having gotten to see the episode in action now, I'm officially in love with Hikozaru and Zugaidosu ._.; They're so CUTE! ><;; Seeing Satoshi cheer for a Gym Leader was slightly off-setting, though. Stealth Rock looks incredible. I'm gonna have to remember that one.

Poor Zugaidosu... it was like Elekid broke its leg XD. Shinji's aggression is top-notch. I like him even more now. It was a really intense battle, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Giant health bars should levitate above the Pokemon's heads!

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/eep.png[/IMG139]

"Hmm..it appears Hyouta has sent out a Rock Type pokémon. Most Rock Type pokémon can learn ground type moves, and being at level 12, my Hikozaru will more than likely faint with one shake of the screen. Hikozaru's Attack Stats are quite high, however. So perhaps I can KO his Zugaidos in one hit? If not, I'm sure I'll be able to walk over to Hikozaru in the middle of the match and give him a Super Potion. Useless."

Next time on POKETTO MONSUTAA: DAIMOND AND PEARL!!!: Ash decides to level up his Naetle by battling Mukurus in the tall grass. Will Naetle grow to level 17 by the end of the episode?! Will Ash delete one move to make way for Curse?! Will he backtrack to the next town to purchase some more Pokéballs?! Will he discover that Murkrow isn't exclusive to his version?!

Magical Needle Smash

Stealth Rock is excellent due to the fact that its animation resembled fin funnels. Way to go, animation team.

What I really want to know is what move was Onix using when it glowed all golden like that?

If that was the part where it rammed into Elekid, then that was Double-Edge it was using. During that part of the match, they made a point of talking about self-damaging attacks.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Also, we need Geodude and Onix too make generic computer noises!

Onix: DERDERDERWWRAHHHHHH
Geodude: ZNNNNNNNNNNNNGGNNNNGGGN!

Man, the Anime sure is better now!