• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shipful Of Shivers (097)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Shipful of Shivers!

Arriving on Moro Island, Ash & Co hear about a long lost Orange League Trophy being found on a Sunkern ship, but when Team Rocket steal it, Ash & Co follow. They follow them to a Ghost ship inhabited by a Gastly and a Haunter. Will Ash & Co. get the Trophy back or will they be stuck on this ship forever?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

O

Ororo Munroe

Psychic Venusaur said:
Taking over Meowth was funny.
Yes, it was nice to see that again. This was a nice episode and I like how it showed that the League had been around for quite a long time.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I think this was a pretty interesting story. I think Team Rocket inadvertantly prevented disaster by taking the trophy and winding up on the ship that it was stolen from. Who knows what the ghost pokemon would have done if the trophy had stayed in the museum and the ghosts had come after it? Just a little random musing.

Anyway, a few other things I like about the episode are that Victreebel finally gets to attack for the first time, Victreebel going after Meowth :) , Meowth running away with the trophy just as the motto's starting, the looks on Team Rocket's faces when they realize the ship might be haunted, and definitely the flashbacks to the trophy's owner's past. It was funny when he asked who will challenge him next, he points to Ash last, and Ash is more than willing to take him on, even though he's long dead. :)

R

Red x

wobbanut said:
I think this was a pretty interesting story. I think Team Rocket inadvertantly prevented disaster by taking the trophy and winding up on the ship that it was stolen from. Who knows what the ghost pokemon would have done if the trophy had stayed in the museum and the ghosts had come after it? Just a little random musing.

Anyway, a few other things I like about the episode are that Victreebel finally gets to attack for the first time, Victreebel going after Meowth :) , Meowth running away with the trophy just as the motto's starting, the looks on Team Rocket's faces when they realize the ship might be haunted, and definitely the flashbacks to the trophy's owner's past. It was funny when he asked who will challenge him next, he points to Ash last, and Ash is more than willing to take him on, even though he's long dead. :)

I will battle you

Heracross

Custom User Title
SPAM alert. e_e

Eh, this was a pretty good episode. It had plenty of comical moments in it, as well as giving us an interesting glimpse into the past of the pokémon league.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
This was like every other ghost episode- intertesting, original, wierd and cool. I love any episode featuring the ghosts.

Aptenodytes

wow great episode! it was fun to watch haunter and gastly, snd the flashbacks were also fun to watch. 9.8/10 for me

JONNO.FRESH

A kool epi.It was great seeing the orange league in the olden days. Haunter was kool as always. 7/10

DaMike52

Banned
I thought this was one of the lesser episodes from the orange islands

Battra

A nice filler episode I like the little history they had on the Orange League but I gotta point out the major lore hole in this episode. The trophy can't be 300 years old if Gastly and Haunter are in regular Pokeballs as they've shown in this episode, that would mean that Prof. Oak is even older than he looks since we've seen what he looks like when he was Ashes age and he wasn't using Pokeballs that were used to he was using a earlier versions of them that had to be dialed to be opened (See Celebi: Voice of the Forest movie.)

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Oh I remember this episode. I found it cool how we get a glimpse of Ash in the future... Atleast that looked a lot like him.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I personally enjoyed learning about the history of the Orange League. Call me a sap for enjoying cool historical stories.

... Ok and the fact that Gastly and Haunter controlled Meowth n_n

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think that it was really sweet that Gastly and Haunter were still guarding their trainers trophy after all those years, that's loyalty for you.

Raikipper

BSB Lover
I remember noticing another inconsistency with the games in this one, which did always bug me just a little bit (that's the kind of personality I have, I'm afraid) - Ghastly's (or possibly Haunter - it's been a while since I saw it) lick attack shouldn't have worked on Meowth, since he's a normal type, and in the games Ghost attacks have no effect on Normal types (and vice versa). Oh well, obviously it's futile to complain, but it is fun to nitpick.