• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shipful Of Shivers (097)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Wow is it just me or is Gastly's evo family super overpowered in the show? We've seen members of Gastly's line resurrect a dead kid, shapeshift, speak human language, and now mind controlling Pokemon and making a ship fly.

I think it was a reference to how unique Ghost-types were in Gen I, what with only three kinds existing at the time. So I think Ghos was shown as being different as a way of giving Ghost-types some mystique.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
It's episodes like this one that made me realize just how few Ghost type Pokemon we had back in Gen 1. I liked the involvement of Meowth's translating skills and how we even saw a flashback via Haunter's powers. It was sad to think of how Gastly and Haunter were left without a trainer though. :(

Who knew that the Orange League had been around for so long compared to the Indigo League which seemed so modern by comparison. I liked the fact that Team Rocket broke into the museum and managed to steal something without getting caught right away but I found it funny how Meowth got used as an interpreter for the two ghost Pokemon which was really creative.

Episodes where Ash and friends seem more like background characters while the plot happens around them are cool since we got to sit back and enjoy seeing some backstory for the old champion of the Orange Crew. I liked how Gastly and Haunter were still so loyal to their deceased owner and I just found it very sad that they were stuck in Poke Balls for so many years while underwater and that they could never reunite with their previous owner. 8/10

The Orange League lore was super interesting. I can't believe that it's been around for 300 years. Really makes you want to question the history of the Pokémon world, which is good that Legends Arceus is exploring that. Just wish the anime would do it more.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"OI has the best explained prehistory of all leagues"

Episode: 5/10