1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Shipful Of Shivers (097)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Orange League' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

I'm confused about how Gastly and Haunter managed to survive that long in their Pokeballs.

2. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Well they are ghosts. So technically they might already be dead.

3. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well since they're ghost types, I figure that in a way they're immortal and can live forever hee hee. It's a perk of being deceased already I suppose.

4. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

That makes sense I suppose. I just wasn't sure if Ghost type mons are actually alive or not. ;)

5. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

I liked seeing foreshadowing for the Orange League trophy that Ash would eventually win himself and the ghost ship looked great. 7.5/10

6. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

It was sad how Gastly and Haunter had been stuck in the wrecked ship for centuries + I liked when we saw their memory hologram. :)

7. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I liked the history of the Orange League, but there was a major plot hole since the trophy can't be 300 years old if Gastly and Haunter are in regular Poke Balls as they're shown in this episode.

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

What I liked most about this episode was how we saw Ghos and Ghost's past via them controlling Nyasu. I felt a bit sad for Ghos and Ghost, though. They had been stuck in the ship for years, and their loyalty to their deceased owner was touching. I also liked when we saw Kasumi's Togepy playing with Ghost.

9. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

I think Team Rocket inadvertently prevented disaster by taking the trophy and winding up on the ship that it was stolen from. Who knows what the Ghost Pokemon would have done if the trophy had stayed in the museum and the ghosts had come after it?

10. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

It's odd, but I remember how Ash was wondering at the beginning of this episode how many Orange League badges he'd need to enter the actual League, yet I could've sworn that he found out that he needed four of them in 'The Lost Lapras'. ^^;

11. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

I don't think he found out how many he needed there; he simply found out about the tournament. Generally speaking, this episode was trying too hard to foreshadow the Orange League.

12. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well I think it was done in a way that was entertaining, plus it helped change Ash's attitude a bit cuz he was too confident at the start of the episode, but seeing the old trophy made him realize how much work he'd need to do to win his own.

13. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

I think this was the first OS episode to actually mention/show a dead person, which makes this episode kind of important even for a filler.

14. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Actually we saw the spirit of a dead person in the maiden's peak episode, so death had been covered in OS in the past in a way that was even more blatant than in this episode. ^^

15. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Wish we had discovered exactly how the captain guy passed away. Instead we just found out that he left his two Ghost-types behind. :c

16. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

We did find out that his ship was caught in some kind of storm and sank tho, so I'm guessing he drowned. His exact cause of death wasn't explicitly stated, but the ship sinking implies how it happened.

17. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Oh yeah lol. Speaking of his ship though, how did a delivery vessel's captain find time to challenge the Orange Crew to begin with...?

18. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

The haunted ship was cool, but what I don't get is why Gastly and Haunter didn't just leave the ship when they were finally free from their Poke Balls.

19. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

In hindsight, this episode seemed less about Ghos and Ghost and more about foreshadowing Satoshi's Orange League match given the fact that we saw the ship captain's League trophy.

20. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Wow is it just me or is Gastly's evo family super overpowered in the show? We've seen members of Gastly's line resurrect a dead kid, shapeshift, speak human language, and now mind controlling Pokemon and making a ship fly.