• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pikachu & Dedenne! Nuzzle!!

While heading to Santalune City, Ash & Co. stop to feed their Pokémon when they find the Dedenne they previously encountered has been following them. Bonnie is happy to see it and tries to get it, when it suddenly attacks. Meanwhile, Serena has arrived in Lumiose City and is offered a Starter Pokémon by Professor Sycamore. However, once she decides, she decides she needs to go find Ash. Will Bonnie get the Dedenne and will Serena be able to find Ash?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
This looks interesting (just like the series so far). Can't wait to watch it!

Anyway, I think Serena will find Ash at the end of the episode as that'll be more realistic. As for the Dedenne, I think it would be caught like 7 mins before the end.
Predictions done, time to watch the episode!

Somehow...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Serena at Professor Sycamore's Lab.

Sycamore gives her a Pokedex and then the scans each starter Pokemon to learn more about them.

Serena chooses Fennekin as her starter and Fennekin is happy.

Ash and co. are having a rest in a forest and Pikachu is playing with Pikachu, which Pikachu really likes.

Clemont then pats Pikachu too.

A Burmy is a nearby tree.

Ash brings out Flechling and then Bonnie goes to feed Pikachu and Flechling, but the same Dedenne from the previous episode steals the food pellet and runs off with it.

Dedenne tunnels through the ground which makes Bonnie fall over.

Clemont brings out Bunnelby to battle the Dedenne.

Pikachu follows Dedenne through its underground tunnel and then they both roll out of into an open field.

Team Rocket is now spying on the two Electric Pokemon and James looks up Dedenne on his holographic Pokedex.

Dedenne is starving so Pikachu zaps some berries so that they fall down on the ground and Dedenne can eat them. They go to eat them, but Team Rocket try to capture them in an electric net.

Pikachu and Dedenne dodged it and now they're doing their motto.

Pikachu and Dedenne run off and then try to electrocute Team Rocket, but Wobbuffet uses Mirror Coat and reflects the attack.

Team Rocket are still chasing Pikachu and Dedenne, near a rocky river area.

James sends out Inkay to help and Inkay knocks Dedenne over.

Inkay fires a psychic attack at Dedenne and knocks Dedenne off the cliff and into the water. Pikachu grabs onto Dedenne as it falls and they are both in the river.

Team Rocket rides on a lifeboat in order to chase them, but they hit a big rock and it causes the raft to burst and for them to blast off.

Fletchling spots the Pokemon and soon after, Ash and co. reunite with Pikachu and Dedenne.

Dare Da? Dedenne.

Clemont brings out a big machine that gives Dedenne some electricity, in order to heal it.

It overloads and makes Ash and co's hair puffy like in the last episode and Dedenne is better now.

Team Rocket return in their Balloon.

James brings out Inkay.

Dedenne wants to battle it and Clemont tells Dedenne what moves to use.

Dedenne uses Tackle and then Nuzzle.

Pikachu and Dedenne then combine their electric attacks and cause Team Rocket to blast off.

Clemont throws a Pokeball at Dedenne and Dedenne now belongs to Clemont.

Clemont then brings Dedenne out and Bonnie gives Dedenne a bit hug.

Dedenne then shocks Bonnie, before it goes to sleep in her hands.

Bonnie then puts the sleeping Dedenne in her bag and they keep quiet, as to not wake the sleeping Pokemon.

Serena is now walking down a path with her Fennekin in her amrs and she is scared.

She sees some Venipede in the forest and them comes across an angry Vespiquen which attacks her, but Fennekin fires back withEmber and saves Serena.

Vespiquen flies away and then a Nurse Joy and her Wigglytuff come running towards them.

Serena and Fennekin run off happily.

To be continued.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Pikachu plays with Pikachu? How... very strange. XD

@MastersOfMonsters, just a mistake playerking made. Can't wait to watch the episode.

NPT

Just a member
In the last episode Fletchling stole food from the gang but Ash ended up catching it.

In this episode Dedenne stole food from the gang but Clemont ended up catching it.

Heh, talk about coincidence.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
them comes across an angry Vespiquen which attacks her, but Fennekin fires back withEmber and saves Serena

From what i understood, Serena was scared because she was alone in the forest and was searching for a PC.

Then mistakes the wild Vespiquen for a human (since it was hidden in shadow) and tried to talk to it which ended up startling the pokemon and then ended up attacking Serena.

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
I love that there was a scene where Yayakoma was on Ash's shoulder. First Keromatsu and now Yayakoma.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
In the last episode, Fletchling stole food from the gang, but Ash ended up catching it.

In this episode, Dedenne stole food from the gang, but Clemont ended up catching it.

Talk about coincidence.

Not a coincidence, just better writing I'd say.. Ash got his starter at the tail end of the first episode, Serena gets her starter right of the bat.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@MastersOfMonsters, just a mistake playerking made. Can't wait to watch the episode.

I know, it just sounded funny in my head when I read it. ^^

And Ditto, episode sounds good.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now that Clemont's caught Dedenne, do you think hell use it instead of an Emolga in Ash's gym battle?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/004/307.jpg[/IMG139]
Love how Inkay can stick on Wobbuffet's head by using its tentacles! And look at its face!
I'll review this episode later. I'll just let that picture of Inkay there, ahah. xD

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Who ever says the nurse joy wigglytuff isn't super huge is wrong. It was nearly as tall as murse joy, and like a foot taller than serena.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
It was too big, but not that much too big, since Wiggly isn't a very small Pokémon. But oh well, I'm happy Wigglytuff is getting some attention.

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Just watched the episode. It's pretty good so far. Nothing too interesting happens in this episode.

I knew Clemont's gadgets were going to be a gag when it comes to explosions lol. The relationship between Pikachu and Dedenne is so cute. I love how Pikachu acts like an older brother to Dedenne. So far, I haven't seen Jame's new Pokemon, Inkay, do anything to him yet like other past Pokemon did, like Carnivine biting his head. I expected Inkay to spray ink on him all the time but it seems like he's a competent battler.

As for Serena, she appears at beginning and ending of the episode, as usual. In the beginning, she gets Fenniken as her starter Pokemon and at the end, she was on her way to a Pokemon Center. Serena doesn't meet up with Ash and the rest of the group yet in this episode sadly. The BGM's in this episode are outstanding as usual. Idk why but it's just so good lol.

But overall, this episode is nice. Rating: 9/10

From what i understood, Serena was scared because she was alone in the forest and was searching for a PC.

Then mistakes the wild Vespiquen for a human (since it was hidden in shadow) and tried to talk to it which ended up startling the pokemon and then ended up attacking Serena.

Yup, you're right. She does mistake the Vespiquen as a person but only because she didn't see it very well.

Who ever says the nurse joy wigglytuff isn't super huge is wrong. It was nearly as tall as murse joy, and like a foot taller than serena.

Yeah, Wigglytuff does seem a tad bit huge lol

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It appears that once again, there are some highly inaccurate "translations" being passed around and presented as accurate. Please do not believe anyone you don't already trust to know the language when it comes to the episode's dialogue.
Yes, it's sad that people do this, but please just excise caution instead of trusting anything you find on the internet. Ask for dialogue clarification in this thread if necessary.

fletchling got its first search mission!!!
froakie didnt appear
TR was somewhat decent in this episode
not really going to say much it was a good episode 7.5/10

LizardonX

Banned
And here I thought XY would be better about shoehorning massive amounts of cute everywhere but upon seeing this episode I can say I was wrong. They've milked more of denden's cuteness in one episode than 10 of oshawotts and maybe 30 of piplups.

Also serena totally should have at least tried to capture the vespiqueen.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I guess Serena is on her way back to Santalune?? Which begs the question of which pokemon centers Nurse Joy that was.