• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

Pikachu52

This episode is adorable. Pikachu and Dedenne running away from Team Rocket was cute, Ash being all worried about Pikachu was sweet and I loved the tail touching, though it's a shame it was Bonnie doing it not Ash.

I can see why Dedenne allowed and even asked Clemont to catch it. It gets a pretty sweet deal. It's fed regularly and no longer has to forage or steal food, it's got a comfortable place to sleep and best of all never or rarely has to battle. It literally gets to spend all it's time eating and sleeping and get pampered by Bonnie.

Gillachu

Banned
Dedenne has proven that he's even more pointless than Pachirisu and Emolga were, so I deeply regret that he was captured here. Plus he looks like a small Raichu. :cool:

Pikachu52

Dedenne has proven that he's even more pointless than Pachirisu and Emolga were, so I deeply regret that he was captured here. Plus he looks like a small Raichu. :cool:

Dedenne's okay. He doesn't get a huge amount of focus but he is quite cute (not as cute as Pikachu, but then very few Pokémon are - Pikachu's design is just perfect). Besides he's the generation VI version of Pikachu (as Emolga and Pachirisu were their own generations respective equivalents of Pikachu) so it's a good idea that he get's a role in the main cast.

One other point is that Dedenne's also the first fairy type encountered by Ash and friends (although funnily enough they left that part out)

*Frank*

Pikachu 6.0, getto da ze! That critter is so cute damn. I like the fact that they gave the younger companion a Pokémon this time around. That was a seemingly good decision, because, unlike the previous one, she isn't the know-it-all type, meaning, she would not be that much of benefit to the group. Thankfully enough, the writers found away to cover this.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Dedenne is cute, no denying it. ^_^ At least Bonnie has her own pokemon pet. I liked Clemont's machine too. Hopefully one of these days he has more luck, but I like the running gag. I liked Meowth saying he can't translate electricity too.

8/10

Nyter

Island Challenger
I think this episode is funny especially when Clemont's experiment went haywire when he broke the lever.
What I do not like is how inconsistent the few things that happened here were followed up on.

To begin with, Pikachu and Dedenne had great chemistry in this episode. And the title displays a type of (what I thought was) foretelling of Pikachu and Dedenne's friendship but that is barely seen in today's latest episodes.

Next, Bonnie and Dedenne. Bonnie is head over heels for Dedenne but nowadays, Squishy is getting all the spotlight. If I were Dedenne, I would remind Bonnie who came first.

And last, Dedenne's battling skills. This and the episode where Bonnie and Dedenne battles Clemont and his Chespin are the only two times Dedenne has been shown as a great battler. Other than that, Dedenne has been shown as the puny little bag-decor for Bonnie.

The episode overall was cute.

4 out of 5 stars

JudySpell

Banned

I'm not a Dedenne fan either but I don't see the resemblence between it and Raichu other than the color of their fur.

Cloud5001

I really love Pikachu's interactions with Bonnie throughout all of Kalos, you can tell he enjoys playing with her and he cares for her alot. In the last episode he got infront of Bonnie when he thought Dedenne might hurt her. It's sweet and it makes me sad that she'll be leaving at the end of xy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Although Citron capturing Dedenne for Eureka was an enticing side plot on its own, I enjoyed Serena's part of the episode much more. Her arriving in Miare City and getting Fokko from Platane-hakase was great, although it's too bad that she missed Satoshi. Fokko fending off Beequeen in the woods was superb.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Bonnie's personality is to get all excited when she likes a Pokemon, so it didn't bother me one bit. Were only a few episodes inand if they keep up this running gag they have with Clemont with the gadgets, I am really going to like the series.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This was a cute episode. While it did feature a Pokemon joining the team, it felt more like filler. Nothing special, though we did get to see James and Inkay battle for the first time.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This was a cute episode. While it did feature a Pokemon joining the team, it felt more like filler. Nothing special, though we did get to see James and Inkay battle for the first time.

It didn't feel like a filler to me since Dedenne was caught, though Dedenne himself was so bland that I was falling asleep when I watched his capture scene lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I often wonder why the writers didn't just have Eureka catch Dedenne herself in this episode, instead of making Citron do that. We had seen young kids own Pokemon in the past, after all.

It was an okay episode. I gotta admit that Dedenne is pretty dang adorable. I don't think it will be easy to resist loving scenes where Dedenne is being playful. Bonnie still hasn't become annoying to me, which is nice. She's excited and wanted Clemont to catch it, but never crossed the line to be annoying. I also liked the brief return to Serena.