• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
How is it useless? We've only seen it for seven episodes, that's not enough to dictate how a character goes.

maybe because dedenne hasn't battle much recently , its why pokemons are said weak because they haven't done much through the episodes

maybe because dedenne hasn't battle much recently , its why pokemons are said weak because they haven't done much through the episodes

Like I said, we've only seen it for seven episodes. Of course it's useless now, but it may become quite useful in the future.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The puns and alliteration from Trio were bad this episode. Dedenne's voice is okay, but bonnie's "kawaii" faces and screaming and ahhhhh-ing get kind of old.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Seeing Wigglytuff run just made me laugh XD. I love the Team Rocket antics and also Big Bro Pikachu here. The animation seems so much more fluid then in other series which is nice. Still wish Team rocket did not rhyme. I loved the Rockets but the rhyming bugs me and it is weird since the guy scripting for them has been doing it years before it was a thing. Hoping Bonnie gets at least 2 more this series.

The puns and alliteration from Trio were bad this episode. Dedenne's voice is okay, but bonnie's "kawaii" faces and screaming and ahhhhh-ing get kind of old.

Agreed, and Bonnie's English dub voice honestly annoys me to no end-- seriously, it sounds so forced and screechy here...:smh:. I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu is doing in the JPN Version, but her Bonnie is just so bad, IMO. I seriously wonder why Tom Wayland, the voice director, didn't cast Jennifer as Bonnie instead of Nurse Joy with Alyson keeping Nurse Joy from the BW dub: Nurse Joy would then sound like an adult rather than a little girl, while Bonnie would then sound like a little girl instead of an adult woman inside a little girl. I mean, it makes sense, right? xD.

TRio...well, they were already annoying enough in the Original JPN Version, but then their voices + script writing together (especially the alliteration circus show that's returned) in the English dub just make them even more unbearable here. I don't know why James Carter Cathcart has enjoyed making them talk like this since DP's dub, since he's been a script writer for the English dub since Season 5...but then again he wasn't the primary one until Season 9 began. Yet, even in BF's and BW's dub (until Da!), we didn't have this alliteration/assonance circus, either.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Agreed, and Bonnie's English dub voice honestly annoys me to no end-- seriously, it sounds so forced and screechy here...:smh:. I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu was doing in the JPN Version, but her Bonnie is just so bad, IMO. I seriously wonder why Tom Wayland, the voice director, didn't cast Jennifer as Bonnie instead of Nurse Joy with Alyson keeping Nurse Joy from the BW dub: Nurse Joy would then sound like an adult rather than a little girl, while Bonnie would then sound like a little girl instead of an adult woman inside a little girl. I mean, it makes sense, right? xD.

TRio...well, they were already annoying enough in the Original JPN Version, but then their voices + script writing together (especially the alliteration circus show that's returned) in the English dub just make them even more unbearable here. I don't know why James Carter Cathcart has enjoyed making them talk like this since DP's dub, since he's been a script writer for the English dub since Season 5...but then again he wasn't the primary one until Season 9 began. Yet, even in BF's and BW's dub (until Da!), we didn't have this alliteration/assonance circus, either.

You should ask him. He actually answers fans on Facebook a lot. I like Team Rocket a lot so this episode was very enjoyable but if they stopped trying to be Eminem it would of been fine by me.

You should ask him. He actually answers fans on Facebook a lot. I like Team Rocket a lot so this episode was very enjoyable but if they stopped trying to be Eminem it would of been fine by me.

I really should ask him, huh? Makes no sense lol.

I feel ya-- they've worn out their welcome ages ago for me, but the dialogue TPCi has given in them in the DP and XY English dubs just makes them even more unbearable for me, if that makes sense.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Agreed, and Bonnie's English dub voice honestly annoys me to no end-- seriously, it sounds so forced and screechy here...:smh:. I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu was doing in the JPN Version, but her Bonnie is just so bad, IMO. I seriously wonder why Tom Wayland, the voice director, didn't cast Jennifer as Bonnie instead of Nurse Joy with Alyson keeping Nurse Joy from the BW dub: Nurse Joy would then sound like an adult rather than a little girl, while Bonnie would then sound like a little girl instead of an adult woman inside a little girl. I mean, it makes sense, right? xD.

Yea, I see what your saying about the nurse joy thing. The voice jnst as fitting, although still okay. As of now though, I actually am fine with all of the dub voices except for bonnie and meowth. Ash's is better now imo, clemont and serena's are both really good. Even jesse and james are not bad....just the voices themselves, not the writng for them.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I really should ask him, huh? Makes no sense lol.

I feel ya-- they've worn out their welcome ages ago for me, but the dialogue TPCi has given in them in the DP and XY English dubs just makes them even more unbearable for me, if that makes sense.

I mean like ask him as to why he makes them talk like that. A lot of people on the dub answers fan questions like that. (Granted that has not been asked yet)

Was kinda weird how we got no commercials during the Who's That Pokemon segment making the episode end 5 minutes early

Vernikova

Champion
It was an okay episode. A little dull, but the cgi environments weren't as bad as they usually are. Still no real complaints from my part so it's off to an okay start.

NPT

Just a member
"A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship!"

Whoa, I'm surprised that there was no commercial break during "Who's That Pokémon", it's kinda unusal for CN to do that ... but I'm glad about it. Also, it seems TPCI finally fixed the "To Be Continued" thing in this episode.

Anyway most of this episode was centered around Pikachu and Dedenne running from Team Rocket, but I don't really mind since they became good friends because of that. It was nice how Pikachu acted as a big brother figure to Dedenne and tried to protect it from Team Rocket. Speaking of Team Rocket, they weren't half bad in this episode I liked Mewoth's line, “I don’t speak electricity” . LOL, did Jessie really expect him to know the "electric-Pokélanguage"? She should've known that He learned to speak by reading books, not playing with electric! There were few entertaining moments with TRio, but after that…they got annoying.

Clemont was pretty amusing in the episode as well. I liked the scene where Clemont brought out that big generator out of nowhere and Ash was all like "Science is so amazing!", it never gets old! Not to mention, It was hilarious when Clemont was standing there with the broken handle and Dedenne casually walked away before the machine exploded with a Ka-Boom. It seems like "Future is now thank to science, Clemontic gear on!" is Clemont's permanent catchphrase, which is awesome since I really like that line.

One of the best things about this episode was Bonnie, she was aborable in this episode. It's sweet how Bonnie really wanted to take care of Dedenne and was very excited about it. Unlike Max, she actually acts a little kid, which makes her personality much better than Max's annoying 'know-it-all' personality. It was cute when Bonnie was "Nuzzling" Dedenne and it actually listened to her and used the move. It shows Dedenne really likes Bonnie and is willing to take commands from her, which is nice.

Serena chose her first Pokémon in this episode. as expected, it was Fennekin. I'm glad she chose Fennekin, so far it seems to suit her. I liked how Fennekin protected Serena from the wild Vespiquen and even brought her hat back to her. Also, it was revealed that dosen't like camping outside, which gave her some characteristics.

Overall, I thought this was a cute episode was and unlike most of the BW episodes, it had humor that was actually funny. As for the dub, the voices are great and the script was nice... but Team Rocket rhymed a bit too much in the dub. I'm disappointed that TPCI kept only 3 pieces(not counting the title screen music) of the original Japanese music in this episode, but it's better than having no original music at all.

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
This is the downside of giving pokemon nonsensical names. I am not a fan of Dedenne's voice, as I can only understand it about half of the time and it is not really saying its whole name. It seems like it is just making noise.

I had forgotten how good Wobbuffet could be. If Team Rocket had a poke on their team that can shut down Pikachu when used right, I am kind of surprised that they did not have more success in the earlier seasons when Wobbuffet first joined them.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Thought Inkay was going to evolve since it blasted off upside down. Would of been funny to see Jame's reaction. I guess it won't evolve that way here.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think this was a decent episode. Unfortunately, my "football fan" stepdad got into my room during the second fourth and started staring at the episode like "what the hell is this guy watching." To top it all off, he started asking me what this was about WHILE the show was running. Seriously. What. The. Hell. I don't bother him when he's watching his football shows.

But anyway, sounds to me like Dedenne kept its Japanese voice. I can detect that Japanese accent just fine.

...Is it perhaps my imagination, or did Serena's voice turn a little more high pitched than usual?

Last edited:

kosthedin

I do like this actress Alyson Rosenfeld voicing the Kalos Pokedex over whatever the heck the seiyu is doing in the JPN Version.
Alyson Rosenfeld doesn't voice the Pokédex. Suzy Myers, who also voiced Burgundy in BW, voices the Kalos Pokédex.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While once again, I'm upset about how they changed the BGM in the dub, I think that the way they handled it this week was better than the last episode since it wasn't too faint, there were times when it fit perfectly with the scenes, and they actually used some of the RAW music during the battles.

Plus, whether RAW version or dub version, Bonnie is as cute as can be

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
I can't believe I am saying this, but I am really liking the dub so far. XY dubbed is a step up from BW dubbed for sure!

I am starting to warm up to Bonnie's voice and I am loving Serena and Clemont. Unlike other people, I find Nurse Joys new voice to be better than before. Her voice is not as deep which suits her more actually.
XY004 is my least favourite XY episode so far so I can't say that I enjoyed all the Pikachu/Dedenne stuff. But the voices are nice for the dub.

Still dislike TR though