• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (807)

Banjogeek

Who ever says the nurse joy wigglytuff isn't super huge is wrong. It was nearly as tall as murse joy, and like a foot taller than serena.
They grow their Wigglytuff big in Kalos or it's a Chansey in Disguise.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Not a bad episode, pretty average, it wasn't as up to scratch as the first two episodes of XY and the third but it was entertaining nonetheless. Dedenne, Citron and Eureka were all such big parts of why this episode was entertaining enough to save it from being a standard running around and getting a new Pokemon episode that we usually have. Pikachu and Dedenne's interactions were fun from start to finish and I really liked how Pikachu was like an older sibling to Dedenne and how they were continuously communicating by using electricity in this episode. The collaboration of Thundershock and Thunderbolt was a great final finisher for the battle of the episode. Dedenne was surprisingly really good in its first battle under Citron, the execution of Nuzzle and how its secondary effect with Paralysis was a well liked little afterthought that I'm glad wasn't forgotten. That little confirmation of wanting to battle Maika and little moment between Dedenne and Citron was cute, as much as I was hoping Dedenne would be controlled by Eureka right off the bat. Shame that Dedenne's Fairy-typing wasn't mentioned though, but to be fair Dedenne has only like one Fairy move in its arsenal so I digress.

Eureka was adorable and continues to make me smile, the way she was caring for all the Pokemon, even joining in on Citron's Getto Daze, searching for Dedenne, showing concern over it, fawning over Dedenne and even let the little thing sleep in her bag and cement its role as XY's out-the-ball-Pokemon was all too perfect. She such a fun little chick, I hope her and her brother have a tag battle in the future at least or her newly gotten Dedenne takes on Serena's Fokko or another freshly-caught Pokemon. As much as I actually have grown for the character the cuteness/childish actions overload could get grating and I at least see why some are annoyed by it. I'm at least optimistic for her character because she'll have her "own" Pokemon along for the ride, right in her bag to help her when needed, unlike Masato who didn't get to keep any of the Pokemon he bonded with and kinda used Gonbe at times. Citron is a caring older brother, nice little touches with the nuts and bolts in his capture screen's background and him saying how he got Dedenne for Eureka. I almost forgot that I was glad that his Horubi got another appearance, it's always a nice Pokemon to see. As for his scenes with his inventions and catchphrase, "The future is now, thanks to science! , as amusing and fantastic I find the scenes, I hope they aren't overused to the point where I grow numb from seeing them like Takeshi's flirting. He'll give a rest next episode with it being a gym battle probably.

As for Serena Fokko was expected the minute she got confirmation of being in the cast, the color scheme of Serena, whether it be game Sugimori art, anime or Pokespe, is literally dead-on with Fokko. Still was clinging to the hope she would have at least considered Harimaron and just have something unexpected in mind and ultimately choosing to pick Fokko because of something else but oh well. I'm guessing that little scene at the tail in of the end is a small throwback to the games with Fokko saving her with Ember? "DON'T GO INTO THE TALL GRASS WITHOUT A POKEMON!" :p The little fox is easily my least favorite of the Kalos starters but it's a cute Pokemon thus far at least. Something else I liked about this episode was just how little focus Satoshi got and it was mainly Eureka/Citron/Dedenne/Pikachu the whole time. After having Satoshi heavy focus for the first three episodes a sorta break is always welcomed, he'll get next week to himself at least and I like how they don't feel the need to throw the main character into everything, he didn't even steal the show and battle Maika, Dedenne/Citron did The blonde squad pretty much made this episode for me, they were all extraordinary in their interactions and ways and next episode if you throw Serena into that equation we'll have 3 and half blondes. :p Battle wasn't as good as the Horubi/Yayakoma by any means, then again what can I really ask for from an end episode Rocket battle. All things considered...some type of rivalry between TR and Citron can feasibly blossom given their use of high-tech devices and their many inventions, something similar to Akuroma/Nyasu in Episode N, but I doubt that will happen with them being demoted to comedic relief 24/7 now.

Going back to Serena, I wonder if perhaps the scenes with her being scared through the forest could be foreshadowing? Satoshi and solely Satoshi was the enabler for her to go on a journey in the first place. So perhaps a part of her growth as a person could be her learning that going at something when your heart is into it because of someone else isn't the right thing to do? She seems to only be doing Sihorn riding because of her mother and doesn't really have a goal in mind for her journey aside to meet up with Satoshi. Her realizing she's only doing these things because of other people could at least kick start her development for a decently done character arc. of her growing past this and picking up a new goal she'll go at full force.(Pokemon-Amie, Super Training, Sky Battles, these can all be adapted into anime format in a nice way with a little innovative thinking actually.)

Last edited:

Rohanator

What's wrong with James lol? His voice acting was totally different today. The way he called out Maiika, and the way he talked was different. :O
It seems to have something to do with Inkay or Maiika lol. Whenever he's giving it a command he goes all super dramatic with some Engrish thrown in, in other parts he seems normal.
I guess it's the name. MAAIIKA

It seems to have something to do with Inkay or Maiika lol. Whenever he's giving it a command he goes all super dramatic with some Engrish thrown in, in other parts he seems normal.
I guess it's the name. MAAIIKA

Exactly lol. I expected a Sonansu and Ma ikka pun. It was weird to be honest.

Maybe he's trying to get the Kalos feel while using Kalos Pokemon lol.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Too much Bonnie cuteness in this episode imo. She was a decent character before now, but her obsession with cute Pokemon and all the little gimmicks that revolve around that got tiring after five minutes. I did like that Pikachu got separated from the others with Raichu Dedenne because at least it allowed him to get the spotlight without it affecting Ash's other Pokemon. I was also glad that Fletchling and Bunnelby got to do something in this episode even if it wasn't anything major. Team Rocket's little raft was funny too I guess, although their interference in this episode was less than enjoyable over all; I'm just tired of their schemes at this point. Anyway, I'm wondering if Dedenne is technically Clemont's or Bonnie's at this point. But yeah, seeing Serena and Fennekin at the end was cute and my favorite part of the episode; it almost made up for all the other filler-esque moments imo.

Rohanator

Too much Bonnie cuteness in this episode imo. She was a decent character before now, but her obsession with cute Pokemon and all the little gimmicks that revolve around that got tiring after five minutes. I did like that Pikachu got separated from the others with Raichu Dedenne because at least it allowed him to get the spotlight without it affecting Ash's other Pokemon. I was also glad that Fletchling and Bunnelby got to do something in this episode even if it wasn't anything major. Team Rocket's little raft was funny too I guess, although their interference in this episode was less than enjoyable over all; I'm just tired of their schemes at this point. Anyway, I'm wondering if Dedenne is technically Clemont's or Bonnie's at this point. But yeah, seeing Serena and Fennekin at the end was cute and my favorite part of the episode; it almost made up for all the other filler-esque moments imo.
Clemont is basically keeping it until Bonnie can become a trainer it seems. I guess he'll still use it in battles from time to time.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Okay, time for my review!

Maybe that episode wasn't as good as the three others, but it was still very nice! After having such an awesome battle between Froakie and Fletchling last week, I think having an entire episode all around cuteness wasn't that bad too. I have to admit, I enjoyed every single moment in which Bonnie appeared on because how nice it was to see.

The start with Serena was nice. I think she couldn't choose more perfect starter for her, and I'm glad we can finally see it in action! That Ember at the end of the episode was sure powerful, I can already see all the good things happening to that little fox! They seem to be the perfect duo! And seeing how Serena was holding Fennekin, I wonder if she'll be like Piplup and Axew. I wouldn't mind it at all. To me, the small moments with Serena were almost the best out of this episode. Serena's determination to reach Ash as soon as possible impresses me. I can't wait to see her reuniting with him, as well as being in the main group!

Bonnie is so good at taking care of the Pokémon, I couldn't believe it! She knows a lot about them, especially cute ones. I wonder if petting and feeding Pikachu, Fletchling and Dedenne was partially reflecting the new Pokémon Amie feature. She seems to care a lot for Dedenne, and I'm actually glad that Dedenne also shows some feelings for Clemont. The nicest introduction of a shared Pokémon.

I was surprised with Ash, though! I don't know, he felt really on the background; I've never seen him telling much more than few words/phrases and letting the other character take the talk time (I could almost say Serena talked more than he did). I think it's a good thing, though. It could hint that characters probably will have a decent amount of screen time for their own and not only Ash. Let's say I feel it's gonna nicely be shared between the 4 of them.

Team Rocket felt so wrong this time... They were almost just goofing... I was so sad about this. I really hope this changes in few episodes. I really loved Best Wishes's Team Rocket trio.

The episode overall was kinda great. I have a soft spot for episodes implying Pokémon getting lost/separated from their trainers and interecting with eachother by themselves It's a good way to twist things out and having diverses episodes. I'd give this episode the note 7,8/10.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
Dedenne is so ****ing cute, I'm just blown away by its cuteness ._. ;_; I need my manliness back right now! >_> Piplup and Oshawott were annoying but Dedenne is really cute.

Pretty nice episode, Bonnie, Dedenne, Pikachu all are adorable, Afro Ash is amazing as well. I love Serena's and Clemont's personalities so far. Clemont's antics and gags are already faaaaaaar more entertaining than Cilan's imo.

Cool to see Bonnie will carry Dedenne. 9/10

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What?? THAT was Foul Play?? Seriously?? Wtf kind of animation is that -_-.....shame on you animators :(...

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Say what you want, but I love that silly Team Rocket is back (I love the serious BW Rocket too, but I've missed theyr sillyness), plus they seem to actually be a threat this time. ^^ And Inkay was awesome.

Oh, and Dedenne is also awesome of course, but one of the things I liked the most was the Whole Hole scene, when Clemont mistook Pikachu for Dedenne, haha.

@Above
Well, not all attacks fits having pretty animations and whatnot. ^^ Foul Play isn't really a 'energy' attack, it's more like Tackle in a way. Plus, it looked fairly strong.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Say what you want, but I love that silly Team Rocket is back (I love the serious BW Rocket too, but I've missed theyr sillyness), plus they seem to actually be a threat this time. ^^ And Inkay was awesome.

Oh, and Dedenne is also awesome of course, but one of the things I liked the most was the Whole Hole scene, when Clemont mistook Pikachu for Dedenne, haha.

@Above
Well, not all attacks fits having pretty animations and whatnot. ^^ Foul Play isn't really a 'energy' attack, it's more like Tackle in a way. Plus, it looked fairly strong.

What?? All Inkay did was throw Dedenne and it got right back up so how did it look strong o_O...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
What?? All Inkay did was throw Dedenne and it got right back up so how did it look strong o_O...

I was fooling on Bulbapedia and I noticed that Inkay used 'Foul Play'. I tried to remember when could Inkay use such a move and then I remembered that aerial Circle Throw-like move. Yes, it's pretty disapointing for such an awesome move. I expected better. But how could you have imagined it, anyway ? I don't know... Something more "dark" or "sneaky" then that, maybe ? Hard to tell. But the way Inkay did it makes total sense to me. It uses the speed and strength of Dedenne's move to throw it back even harder, which is kinda Foul Play's principle. :p

Something I'm wondering though... How in the world did Clemont know about Dedenne's moves ? Maybe someone he knows used a Dedenne and he knows that Thunder Shock, Nuzzle and Tackle are basic moves for Dedenne ?

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

Mainly the crash and whatnot when it was thrown. Of course they could have made it more flashy, but I understand they didn't, as I said, just like Tackle, it's not a 'Power move'. Then again, neither is Wing Attack, but they added strong glowing light for it... oh well, personally, I am happy with it. ^^

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I was fooling on Bulbapedia and I noticed that Inkay used 'Foul Play'. I tried to remember when could Inkay use such a move and then I remembered that aerial Circle Throw-like move. Yes, it's pretty disapointing for such an awesome move. I expected better. But how could you have imagined it, anyway ? I don't know... Something more "dark" or "sneaky" then that, maybe ? Hard to tell. But the way Inkay did it makes total sense to me. It uses the speed and strength of Dedenne's move to throw it back even harder, which is kinda Foul Play's principle. :p

Something I'm wondering though... How in the world did Clemont know about Dedenne's moves ? Maybe someone he knows used a Dedenne and he knows that Thunder Shock, Nuzzle and Tackle are basic moves for Dedenne ?

Personally I figured it's fins would glow kind of a ghostly black and it would strike the pokemon multiple times :/.....kind of like a dark close combat lol.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

Team Rocket are interesting by repeating the same stuff that got old by Hoenn? That's why this episode felt rather dull, it was a typical filler that felt like any past series.

I hope XY gets a bit better.

0danmaster0

Team Rocket are interesting by repeating the same stuff that got old by Hoenn? That's why this episode felt rather dull, it was a typical filler that felt like any past series.

it was a typical filler that had 2 team additions. Man totally a filler.

diakyu

Clemont specializes in electric types so it's not that surprising he knows a bit about Dedenne.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Clemont is basically keeping it until Bonnie can become a trainer it seems. I guess he'll still use it in battles from time to time.

Interesting. I kind of wish May had done the same thing for Max; keep a Pokemon for him so that he could still bond with one while not technically owning said Pokemon. Oh well. It'll be interesting to see Bonnie bond with Dedenne. I just hope the obligatory cute moments don't happen in every episode 'cause I'm so over Dedenne's adorableness.

I definitely agree about Team Rocket. They just felt redundant in this episode and aside from Dedenne's capture, the episode felt like a skippable filler to me. I had hoped that the XY saga would remain consistently good because the first two episode were really great, but when we get episodes like these where very little happens, it brings back my cynicism.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I definitely agree about Team Rocket. They just felt redundant in this episode and aside from Dedenne's capture, the episode felt like a skippable filler to me. I had hoped that the XY saga would remain consistently good because the first two episode were really great, but when we get episodes like these where very little happens, it brings back my cynicism.

After the first two episodes, we had two episodes in which two additions were made to the cast.. Inkay, Fletchling, Fennekin, Dedenne. Why are we getting cynical about this?