• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A show about Ash setting up gyms in each region?

GoukaMoki

How would you feel about a show where Ash establishes a gym in one region at a time?

In the show Ash would:

- have to assemble a team of a certain type mostly from that rregion and train them to defend the gym
- Use one or two existing Pokemon from that region for the gym lineup
- decide what team to use against trainers with 1 badge vs 2, 3, all the way up to 8 +
-occasionally battle previous league winners coming to challenge a new region with their strongest team
-train someone to manage the gym and battle with his teams and move on to the next region to repeat the process

What do you think? What other ideas do you think would be fun to see with this concept?

Sham

The Guardian of War
That's an idea

SatoSereFan224888

Don’t like the idea. Besides, every region except Alola have gyms already. Plus I don’t think Ash would make a good businessman.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Don’t like the idea. Besides, every region except Alola have gyms already. Plus I don’t think Ash would make a good businessman.
Ash probably wouldn’t makes good businessman at first, but that doesn’t mean the story doesn’t have possibilities. The series could be about him learning the skills needed to run a gym.

SatoSereFan224888

Ash probably wouldn’t makes good businessman at first, but that doesn’t mean the story doesn’t have possibilities. The series could be about him learning the skills needed to run a gym.
I think Ash should be a tutor for young trainers.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
A series about Ash as the first Alola Champion organizing the Alola Gym challenge could be interesting.

BlueDragonfangirl

We could just update the series be more about champions some ways.

Leonhart

Imagineer
That sounds a bit boring from my perspective. What makes the series appealing is that Satoshi has to overcome obstacles on his road to becoming a Pokemon Master, so watching him change focus from that to setting up new Gyms just sounds a bit like a step down to me. Not to mention that it just doesn't sound like something he'd do.

Applecorp

That would be a cool original idea but that doesn't feel like something Ash would do. Or has he ever shown an interest in leading a gym that I'm forgetting?

GoukaMoki

That would be a cool original idea but that doesn't feel like something Ash would do. Or has he ever shown an interest in leading a gym that I'm forgetting?
I thought about that, but he never showed interest really in being a student or a research fellow, but he did those things anyway. I think it would be cool to see. Since hes already reached this level as a trainer. Otherwise I just picture him seeking out even stronger trainers that arent in the pwc, but that would need some sort of interesting narrative to keep structure. I feel like Journeys has lacked a lot of that

GoukaMoki

I feel bad for some of the reserves that clearly enjoyed battling, but never fully evolved (a lot of his BW team), or SM pokemon that evolved at the very end of the season and have barely had the chance to battle or never battled at all.