• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shroomish Skirmish! (358)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Shroomish Skirmish!

In their travels, Ash & Co. are accidently seperated and Corphish gets attacked by som Shroomish & Brellom causing Torchic to get really mad. What will it do?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I simply loved this episode.

I really like seeing conflicts between the pokemon and not just the trainers.

It was really funny at the end when combusken gave corphish that scary look to fend him off from her food.

H

Hales

Just seeing Torchic get mad is amusing! But getting mad because Shroomish and Breloom were picking on Corphish sounds not only amusing but sweet...

Way to go, Torchic!

T

Tate+Liza

Probably evolve. My mommy said that to me. She is a BIG Pokefan and bugs me a lot. Mommy, shut up!

~*Aurora Wish*~

I QUIT THIS FORUM!!!
combusken was good at fighting the breloom.

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I thought it was sorta ironic how Torchic & Corphish weren't getting along. (Both are my sister's favorite Pokemon.) But it was sweet when Torchic helped Corphish. I wonder how this episode will be in America...

W

Wolf Cypher

God, how I can't wait for this episode! But if they continue to show 2 episodes a Saturday, in less than 3 months we'll be there! We're getting through Hoenn kinda faster than I thought. It would be weird to see May's Combusken in the 7th movie when it comes to the USA and she hasn't gotten it yet in the anime.

cool!

this ep is SO cool because combusken is SO cool and i thought of some dub names

-combusken explosion- (pun on the words combustion explosion)
-don't be a torchic- (pun on the words don't be a chichen)
-poisonous breloom- (pun on the word poisonous mushroom)

Last edited:

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
This is an episode I will be surely waiting for it's the one where we got to see Combusken although I have heard it's voice I want to see it's personality and the evolutions seems nice waiting for this episode!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
After watching this, I've found it to be one of the most enjoyable Advanced Generation episodes I've seen so far. I personally found there to be quite a lot of good elements to it, and the blend of amusing and serious scenes actually worked really well.
I feel the best part of this epiosde though was definatly the battle between the 2 newly evolved fighting pokémon. The fight itself just felt really different to a lot of battles I've seen throughout the series, and it really stood out. I especially enjoyed the hand-to-hand combat portion between the two. It was nice to see pokémon fighting purely using their strength and prowess, instead of using special attack and long distance moves to gain the advantage. And even though there were a few sections of animation used more than once, it really was a good fight to watch IMO.

I do hope 4Kids reconsider a different voice actor for Haruka's Combusken, as the one used for Nurse Joy's in 'Having a Wailord of a Time' really wouldn't suit it at all.

Thriller

Its almost time
This is one episode I really want to see. Combusken's personality is the exact polar opposite of how people thought it would be. Combuskens Smile at the very end put a tear in my eye.

Rex Kamex

I saw the Japanese episode, and one of my favorite parts was when the Breloom started beating up Ash, and then Ash started yelling at them, and a little bit later, Brock pulled him away, and Ash was still yelling. ;286;

This was a pretty funny episode. Grand Theft Apple. LMAO at that. And Ash trying to beat up the Breloom and kept missing. Grovyle got a part as well, though minor. Still cool, though. Swellow got a big role as well, which is always good. Breloom had an odd dub voice, but it was alright. Combusken's was great, and Swellow's seems to have improved. I noticed the animation was a lot better than usual here. And the fight scenes were all excellent(except Ash vs. Breloom, but there was humor in that so, oh well!), too, especially the fist fight between Combusken and Breloom. Torchic got to show its sensitive side one last time before evolving, and I'm glad it did, too. It really showed how drastically evolution changed it.

Overall rating:
10 out of 10!!!!!
Definitely the best evolution episode I've ever seen. Humor, action, and the infamous 'splitted up groups' style, all in one episode. Excellent.

~*CB*~​

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Very nice episode today.

I usually love the episodes where the gang gets all split up and have to find their way back together again, and this was no exception.

For some reason I really liked the May and Mudkip combo. Makes me think May would be better off with it than Brock. This episode also proves that Mudkip is a Pikachu clone, trying to stop the fight between Corphish and Torchic.

Team Rocket stoping to eat the food and then continuing to recite the motto was funny, as well as Corphish and Torchic going nuts over each other.

Breloom ganging up and Ash was nifty too, it shows that Ash is far more fierce in Hoenn than he ever was before, willing to stick and fight rather then run away with Brock.

The ending battle scenes were great, Breloom was really working Corphish around. This episode again shows how an evolved pokemon really is stronger than an unevolved one, May's Torchic must have gotten 10 times stronger, as well as those Breloom that evolved from Shroomish.

It was also nice to see May not sure what attacks her new Combusken would use, it would be out of character if she started commanding it without a hitch.

And lmao, the final scene where Corphish tried to steal more of it's food but then Combusken told it off was hilarious. :D

Last edited:

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
This was a neat episode. Breloom was strong in this episode, it's making me start to like Breloom now. I also liked the fight between Combusken and Breloom, but did anyone notice that the fight ended the same way with Bulbasaur and Meganium in Ash and Jackson's battle? It'd be nice to see Breloom again soon

8/10 Really good episode, I'd like to see it again

N

Neo Flygon

I noticed a mistake; when the pokemon were all running around, they are called into the pokeballs; then cut to team rocket, and when it came back to the gang, the pokemon were still running around.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Cybercubed said:
Very nice episode today.

I usually love the episodes where the gang gets all split up and have to find their way back together again, and this was no exception.

For some reason I really liked the May and Mudkip combo. Makes me think May would be better off with it than Brock. This episode also proves that Mudkip is a Pikachu clone, trying to stop the fight between Corphish and Torchic.

Team Rocket stoping to eat the food and then continuing to recite the motto was funny, as well as Corphish and Torchic going nuts over each other.

Breloom ganging up and Ash was nifty too, it shows that Ash is far more fierce in Hoenn than he ever was before, willing to stick and fight rather then run away with Brock.

The ending battle scenes were great, Breloom was really working Corphish around. This episode again shows how an evolved pokemon really is stronger than an unevolved one, May's Torchic must have gotten 10 times stronger, as well as those Breloom that evolved from Shroomish.

It was also nice to see May not sure what attacks her new Combusken would use, it would be out of character if she started commanding it without a hitch.

And lmao, the final scene where Corphish tried to steal more of Corphish's food but then Combusken told it off was hilarious. :D

Yes...i agree with you...the only thing i didn't like was the TITLE of the EP...lol

besides that...everything that you said...is what i liked too :D

Kijuna

I hope they build more on the Combusken/Corphish rivalry/friendship. That was the best part of the episode.

[Insert standard complaint about how TR was trying to not die and shouldn't have blasted off in the end]

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
This was a good episode! I luaghed at ash trying to beat up the breloom it was so funny! And the battle between combusken and breloom was really cool as well!
I give it a 10/10