• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shroomish Skirmish! (358)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Neo Flygon said:
I noticed a mistake; when the pokemon were all running around, they are called into the pokeballs; then cut to team rocket, and when it came back to the gang, the pokemon were still running around.

Only Swellow was still running around with them in that second scene, they must have called back all their pokemon except for Swellow.

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
2nd post of page 2

Meowth Fan said:
This was a good episode! I luaghed at ash trying to beat up the breloom it was so funny! And the battle between combusken and breloom was really cool as well!
I give it a 10/10

yeah, Satoshi was pretty fun try to flight, but I we saw he can't I like the motto because James vould not rermber were they leave off, though the eating part was little suck.

Points to Satoshi (Veronica Taylor)
Nyaasu (Madeline Blaustein)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
A question; Did Combusken still have the same voice as that of the one in 'Having a Wailord' of a time? And if so, did they at least make an effort to make it sound more feminine?

G

Geki

This was a really great episode. I liked the part especially when Torchic evolved into Combusken and used it's fighting attacks with ease. The animation in this episode was awesome as well. Does anyone know the animation team who did this episode?

Overall 9/10

Medea

Excalibur
This episode was pretty good. I am soooooooooo glad that Torchic evolved (because I've always said that May's Torchic is such a wimp) but Combusken is such a cool pokemon.

...And yes Gravy, Combusken sounded the same from Having a Wailord of a Time

W

Wing

...I always that the Torchic/Combusken was male. When was it ever confirmed that it was female? o_O;

Anyway, yeah they used the Same VA.

As for the episode itself, I think this one totally hit the mark. It was funny in parts, and the battle scenes were just great. Also, I hope as well that the thing with Corphish and Combusken is expounded upon more. They've done a great job developing the Pokemon themselves and not just the trainers in the Houen Arc, and I hope they continue that.

10/10 This episode was, in every sense of the word, perfect. Now to just wait for the lovely Winona to show up....^_^

M

MayAsh1987

Ah HELL NAH! This is one of the funniest episode I seen from the past couple months. It had everything I liked. Rivalry, comedy, drama, a fighting scene! Could go more into details. Also all the Pokemon was there, a plus and Fortress came back. Haven't seen the poor thing for months.

Torchic for once fought back. Wow! She was aggressive for just Corphish eatin' her food. Go Torchic! The fight with Corphish was funny. I liked how they kicked Mudkip and Pikachu out of the way. Aw snap, there isn't no peacemaking for today you two.

Damn, those Shoormish and Breloom gettin' mad for apples. It shows that they don't like anyone touching any of their food. It kind like in real life how animals could get aggressive over something little, like an apple.

Ash made me laugh so hard today. I liked how he wanted to fight the Breloom, not with Pokemon, but his bare hands! Shows he more aggressive then we think which I like. Damn you Brock, why couldn't you leave him alone.

But the topping of this episode was Torchic evolving and fighting Breloom. I was glad that May didn't know what new attacks Combusken had. That proves that she's still learning which is good. I love the fight between Combusken and Breloom. Fight to the end!

There more I want to add but the 4 I mentioned is the best I liked. I'm giving this for once 10/10. First one in this website I give. It have everything I liked. I would watch this episode again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDL

disenchanted
I liked this episode, every action packed... hehe... grand theft apple...

*mourns loss of adorable torchic*

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Wing said:
...I always that the Torchic/Combusken was male. When was it ever confirmed that it was female? o_O;
In the japanese version at least, it has a distinctly feminine sounding voice in both of its forms, and generally acts in a stereotypically cutesy way. So, that pretty much says it all really :/
The Torchic/Combusken in 'Having a Wailord of a Time' was pretty gruff sounding in the original, so that was was more than likely male.

;_; @ keeping the voice though.

da episode was ok................. itz kool da way tat Combusken and Breloom fought and itz kool tat May's Torchic evolved. Although i'm gonna miss it.................

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Neo Flygon said:
I noticed a mistake; when the pokemon were all running around, they are called into the pokeballs; then cut to team rocket, and when it came back to the gang, the pokemon were still running around.

I also noticed that when James sees the apple, Jesse leans over Wobby to get to it, and then Wobby pops up behind her. Actually, he seemed to disappear when she leaned over him. Looks like this ep is rife for the Japanese Mistakes topic.

Hey, was Trainer's Choice actually RIGHT for once? Whoo!

Corphish is such a brat. It's so great. And I love that voice. Especially when it's teasing with "Feesh, feesh, feeeeeEEEeeeeesh!"

Wow, Ash wanted to battle the Breloom himself? If he were Jesse, he could have captured one.

Swellow's voice seems to have changed to a more birdlike noise.

Wow. Brock used Forretress--the Pokemon the Writers Forgot.

So...Breloom are part Grass, and yet they only use Fighting moves against the 'feesh?

Great. The cutest pokemon ever evolves into the most hideous beast ever. And was that one of the longer evo sequences?

...and it instinctively knows how to fight, how to move with its new body, all that stuff?

Wow. TR did nothing wrong this ep and they still get punished. They're doomed to be the eternal whipping agents, aren't they? I mean really now, NOTHING WRONG AT ALL. I can see why the Shroomish would be mad, but still, that doesn't excuse it.

Emma Iveli

Fanfic Writer
I liked it, I liked the parts when Corpfish was teasing Torchic and it looked high (when the bqack ground was all psychdelic) and when Team Rocket found out what Combusken and Breloom were going to do. Great episode.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
I loved this episode! It was really funny! LMAO at the Grand Theft Apple bit. This episode was a great mix of humor and all-around coolness. I don't really hate Combusken quite as much as I used too. (I used to think it was ugly. I still kind of do.) And what do you know, the Trainer's Choice was actually right this time! I give this one a 9/10.

;256; oOOOOO @=;286;

B

Brocksketchum

Goodbye Torchic and hello Combusken! Anyways...

I guess I was the only one who liked Jessie's head expanding when she was yelling at the Breloom.

But we all enjoyed Ash getting into such nonsense, don't we? :D

M

Medenia

I really hate corphish, that pokemon gets on my nerves, especially when he was being greedy and stealing food from torchic.. The funniest part was The grand theft apple, and any parts that involve food.

I hate that May's Combusken has the same voice from 'Having A Wailord of A Time'; it should've at least sounded female(but I noticed it got a bit higher during the DBZ-like battle with Breloom). But the animé earns points for drawing Combusken well...I thought it looked kinda cute compared to the ugliness that was the R/S sprite.^_^

Trainer's Choice was well done--If I remember correctly, Venomoth has 4 times resistance to Grass attacks, of which Sunflora has nothing BUT(save the occasional Synthesis and Sunny Day). Even though Sunflora has pretty good Special Attack, it sucks in the other areas(especially Speed). With some well placed Psychic attacks, Venomoth would defeat Sunflora in a few rounds.

The group 'splitting up' was nice. I'm pleased they remembered Mudkip's little radar; I've always thought it was neat. Though I question Ash going to fight the Breloom recklessly...doesn't he remember his past experiences with Fighting types(Primeape sure rings a bell)? TR was hilarious throughout the episode. The 'Grand Theft Apple' line was priceless.

One more thing...Pikachu shocked everyone out of stress. I always love when that happens!(Lightning: Maybe cause you do it too?:D) Shut up.-_-; 9.5/10.

Chris

Old Coot
Kijuna said:
I hope they build more on the Combusken/Corphish rivalry/friendship. That was the best part of the episode.
I can't say they've actually done anything between the two after that, really. o_o;

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
th only nitpick i have about the episode is the part after Forretress caught Ash, Brock, and TR and Swellow came to get them, i could've sworn Swellow said Tailow first and then Swellow which was odd, but that's just me.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was a pretty cool episode. The only thing that really sucked about it was that Team Rocket still got blasted off at the end. For pete's sake, apples grown in the wild are free to anyone. The shroomish could still get some more fruit anytime. It wasn't like Team Rocket would have had to pay for them. At least they didn't get chastised for finishing the stew.

On the positive side, it was great to see Torchic evolve and really kick some serious butt. :) I'll miss sweet little Torchic, but I'm glad to see her become a buttkicker (yes, I'm pretty convinced it's a girl). It was funny seeing her do some Torkoal-style crying (I'm surprised there weren't any comparisons, even though they have different trainers). I liked the "Forrest Grumps"- and "A Hole Lotta Trouble"- style group splitup too. Meowth with Max again was really funny. :D

Team Rocket had some great material too. I liked them taking a break to eat before they started up the motto again, and Wobbuffet popping out the first time lying on his back. I think this was also the first time in a long time he's ever been recalled on-screen (remember how Jessie was doing it constantly in the old days?). It was nice not having Team Rocket call out their pokemon for a fight or try stealing pokemon for a change, though I do love Cacnea. :D

Oh yes, and I LOVED Ash going to fight the brelooms. ROFLOL :D I just about died laughing when the brelooms broke apart and we see Ash ready to take them on.

Overall, 8/10.

Last edited:

Encyclopika

The Queen
This...episode...was...great! I loved how Torchic's personality changed so much when it evolved. The TC was accurate, and I loved Breloom's voice. It fit it very well.

The only thing I have to complain about it Combusken's voice. I really hate how they have the same voice for every individual of a species. Combusken sounded the way the other one did in Having a Wailord of a time. Besides that, I still give it a 10/10. Great job! ^^