• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shroomish Skirmish! (358)

F

Factory Head Noland

This episode was just awesome! Probably one of the best. I love Combusken ^_^ it's so cool.

The battle between Combusken and Breloom was good when they didn't use any attacks and it was nice that it ended on a good note were they commented on eachother's battle skills.

I loved it when Torchic and Torkoal were fighting in the forest, Torchic using Ember, Corphish using Bubblebeam and when everyone returned their Pokemon, except for lil Mudkip ^___^
We actually saw it do something in this episode! I will treasure the Mudkip experience forever...

What was with the pronunciation of Mach Punch? I'm sure it was said wrong, they pronounced it "Mac Punch", should it not be said as Mach Punch?

Overall 9.5/10
Excellent episode, Combusken!

EDIT:

Here is another version of Fire Spin:

[img135]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Petalburg/Combusken1.jpg[/img135]

Last edited by a moderator:
~Bayleef~ said:
What was with the pronunciation of Mach Punch? I'm sure it was said wrong, they pronounced it "Mac Punch", should it not be said as Mach Punch?

Yep I heard that too. Max and Meowth defenetly said "Mac Punch" when I thought it was "Mach Punch"

Anways Fortress and Mudkip got sometime and Mudkip used its head fin rador for the first time ever, which seems good. Some Torkoal time I saw packed in there ^^ And Grovlye was good when it cut a a thing in the ground. Good as Torchich's last epsiode, it was sooooo cute. Combuskens new voice is great I hated its slateport one.

Breeloom vs Combusken rocked with just the plain fighting and no fire attacks minus Fire Spin. The animation for Sky Uppercuut rocked. With its glowing claw. But they shrunk Swellow again in its firs episode Swellow was big and strong now its strong btu smaller ever since the Shuppet episode. I hope gets bigger soon again. :D

10/10 Good episode.

Batdude

Old school
It's made me respect Corphish alot more anyway! I loved him from the offset, but not only is it so stubborn and selfish that it goes off in a hissy fit when it's in the wrong, but it stuck up for Torchic and was trying to protect it. I thought it was a pretty sweet tackle when it cleared two Breloom out of the way.

Plus, Brock's guys finally did something useful with the radar/rapid spin bits.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Torkoal Stu said:
Yep I heard that too. Max and Meowth defenetly said "Mac Punch" when I thought it was "Mach Punch"
I just rechecked. What's the problem? Max said Mach Punch perfectly. You guys do know that Mach sounds like "Mahk" and not "match" or anything like that, right?

Alfonso

Derpgull
V Faction said:
I just rechecked. What's the problem? Max said Mach Punch perfectly. You guys do know that Mach sounds like "Mahk" and not "match" or anything like that, right?

I know. o_o Haven't you people ever seen those MACH 3 FROM GILETTE adverts? >_>;

R

Robert

I liked this episode. There was a number of funny lines... I liked Max and Meowth's role in the episode. I also liked it when TR called May the "twerpette." :) The battles were splendid, as well. I'm not sure if Torchic should have been so strong when evolved, considered it wasn't the most skilled battler. Oh well, I still liked the episode.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Great episode although I didn't like Torchic being a crybaby and Team Rocket ignoring the Shroomish when they stole the apples.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
I'm pretty sure I heard somebody in TR say something like "Those apples had weaviles in them anyway". Kinda funny since now we have a Pokemon named Weavile in the US now. :p

I doubt they said something like that.I forgot most of the dialouge from the episode(o_0 i just saw it yesterday).Maybe she said like worms or something.

-Judai

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Judai Yuki said:
I doubt they said something like that.I forgot most of the dialouge from the episode(o_0 i just saw it yesterday).Maybe she said like worms or something.

-Judai

Only other thing it could be is Weedle but I'm 95% sure I heard Weavile.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Nope, Jessie said "Those apples had Weedles in them!" You heard Weavile because it's pronounced the same way. (Watches fans brick PUSA for calling Sneasel's evo a confusing dub name and laughs.)

(Then visualizes a giant apple with Weaviles in it and laughs harder.)

Great episode, and I was glad Torchic evolved, but I doubt May will ever get a Blaziken, because it looks too cool for May. :)

Roeno

The epi was so cool:
-the Breloom - Combusken fight
-TR's motto, with their mouths filthy
-Ash fighting the Brelooms

It was surely one of the best epis ever!

This episode was simply hilarious. I thought it was so cute when Torchic defended Corphish. It was a fine time for Torchic to evolve, and I loved Combusken's reaction to when Corpish tried to steal it's food.

Battra

Very good episode to bad Torchic had its food stolen by Corphish, but at least it won't happen again now that it's evolved into a Combusken. Nice to see Grovyle use a show of force to separate Torchic and Corphish, and what a battle between Combusken and Breloom going from using special attacks to using just fisticuffs.

One word to describe this episode: shocking.

Way back before I became a May fan, I used to assume that she would scream when she saw the cute Torchic evolve. But I'm happy for the evolution. It transformed the clumsy and ditzy Torchic into something more assertive and strong, and it showed that the writers were intent on making May a competent trainer rather than some disposable ditzy sidekick. And seeing it fight fist to fist against my favourite Pokemon, Breloom, sealed this as one of my favourite AG episodes.

One word to describe this episode: shocking.

Way back before I became a May fan, I used to assume that she would scream when she saw the cute Torchic evolve. But I'm happy for the evolution. It transformed the clumsy and ditzy Torchic into something more assertive and strong, and it showed that the writers were intent on making May a competent trainer rather than some disposable ditzy sidekick. And seeing it fight fist to fist against my favourite Pokemon, Breloom, sealed this as one of my favourite AG episodes.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
oh i remember this one, this was the episode where team rocket did their motto with their mouths filthy, that was such a funny sight:p