• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Shroomish Skirmish! (358)

Littlemyuu

Love this episode, Torchic who evolves into Combusken...great<3

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The best episode in this season.

Combusken vs Breloom was the best battle in this ep, wow.

And i loved how Corphish protected on Torchic.

10/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Loved it because I always knew Shroomish and Breloom had a bad side, and this episode proves it!

I was sad that May's cute little Torchic evolved into an ugly Combusken. I was even more disappointed that said Combusken hardly got any action in Hoenn.

Torchic really stood out in this episode. 6/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Pretty good episode, I liked the Breloom/Combensken fight, it was nice yo see Torchic evolved (Although it felt like it didn't have too much scenes). It was funny when TR didn't realize what Breloom/Combenksen said for a moment.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
There were so many funny moments in this episode, where do I begin?

The first funny moment was when Torchic and Corphish were fighting, I like how Grovyle was just relaxing while it was happening and then stepped in to break it up. The second funny moment was when TR was getting chased by those Breloom, ran into Ash & Co. and just ate all their food. And the third funny moment was when when Ash got into a brawl with the Breloom, that cracked me up!

I also like how Corphish protected Torchic from those Breloom and then it evolved into Combusken and had that outstanding battle with them.

This was truly a fantastic episode and was my favorite one in AC.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was great to see a Breloom for the 1st time. I like Breloom way better than Shroomish. It was cool to see Torchic evolve into Combusken. It was a great idea, it allowed the two fighting types to clash, and Combusken had the advantage. It was funny when Combusken gave a scary look to Corphish to keep Corphish away from its food.

74/100

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The episode was very surprsing. All kinds or crazyness and junk going on. It was nice to see Torchic evolve. I loved the fight too. Fried Chicken vs. Lettus and Tomatoes. Of course Combusken won.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Now THAT is how to make an episode. Despite being a 'focus' episode for Torchic, it really showcased most all of the main Pokemon pretty well, one or two aside. The animation, especially in the fistfight, was exceptional.

I am curious who Ash was planning on pitting against Breloom - Grovyle or Torkoal.

Vernikova

Champion
Another merely "okay" episode. Combusken's design is so hideous and its evolution really came out of nowhere. really, Torchic barely battled much so far. I guess it's more of that good old off-screen training at work here.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I really enjoyed this episode! Good to see Corphish and Torchic interaction, and the battle between Combusken and Breloom was great, especially the fist fight! Grovyle stopping Torchic and Corphish's fight was funny too! I believe Ash would have used Torkoal against those Breloom, well I hope it would! And it was so funny when Ash started fighting those Breloom :D I literally LOL'ed

7threst

This episode was pretty hilarious and seeing Torchic evolve into Combusken was great. The whole comedy with Torchic and Corphish was great too and I especially laughed at the end when Corphish tried to steal from Combusken and Combuskes warning him not to do it.

zhixun

Although this episode focus between the two fighting Pokémon and develop the mutual respect but I think that Heigani should evolve instead of Achamo. Heigani did much of the hard work but Achamo barely contributed to the battle. Finally I like the scene that Heigani bullying Achamo while he was afraid when he tried to steal food from Wakasyamo. It is simply hilarious in my opinion.

It was hilarious when all the Pokemon were fighting, and in the background you just see Grovyle chilaxin' by the tree. Not giving a single crap. :)

Then, later, came the scene where Torchic evolved in to Combusken and had a pretty badass fight with a Breloom. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I felt so bad for my poor sis Torchic when she started crying when Corphish ate her food; how dare Corphish do something so rude? Seeing Torchic and Corphish attack each other while everyone ran around was funny though. I loved how Corphish eventually made it up to Torchic by defending her from the wild Breloom that were attacking.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
So many things were awesome about this episode:
·Torchic with teary eyes was kawaii.
· Grovyle breaking up Corphish and Torchic.
·TR stopping mid-motto to eat Ash and friend's food.
·And finally, Combusken and Breloom's epic brawl.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved how Torchic and Corphish were upset with each other over the food situation and I liked seeing Torchic evolve cuz it seemed overdue any ways hee hee. Breloom ended up being frightening tho. ^^;

Gillachu

Banned
Corphish was kind of a jerk here lmao, but it was worth it to see Torchic finally evolve. I had been counting down the days til this happened.

JudySpell

Banned
Corphish's scenes were funny and Torchic's evolution happened too late in AG for me to even care. Breloom seemed satanic though. 6.5/10

CelebiAS

This episode was perfect.
The gang splitting up and working along TR.
A Wild Pokemon battle. Respecting opponents. And putting the fight aside to work against a common enemy.
Torchic evolving out of "tired of this ish and being useless" and gratitude towards Corphish, then his "not anymore" look and Pikachu's reaction.
10/10.
May also developed as she hesitated but pulled through the battle and became a tiny bit better trainer thanks to her evolving Torchic.

Last edited:
Breloom went from looking harmless to being scary in this episode + Torchic evolving into Combusken and saving the day was my top favorite Hoenn moment.