• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A simple question about forcely logging out accounts on 3DS...

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Since I have a new replacement of 3DS XL from the repairing company, I'm worried about my accounts there of Serebii, Nintendo ID, Facebook, etc. i had NO idea they'd replace it as new XL. I thought they're just repairing it. (I was worried about my Meowth sticker which was given to me from a country thats sitting across the globe)

If I change my password, will they force to log out? I need to know :/ coz I don't know what they do to my old console. They might've repaired it and gave me a new one and gave it to their kids or sold it or something (YES, I HAVE A WILD IMAGINATION), nya~

Last edited:

BCVM22

If I change my password, will they force to log out?

Yes, but the question itself is inherently silly, because...

I need to know :/ coz I don't know what they do to my old console. They might've repaired it and gave me a new one and gave it to their kids or sold it or something (YES, I HAVE A WILD IMAGINATION), nya~[/I]

--you're overreacting in equally silly fashion here. A major corporation is not dumb enough to have taken a damaged system, refurbished it and then "gave it to their kids or sold it or something". No one is that dumb, much less a company that ostensibly intends to remain in business, as we assume Nintendo does.

Your system, if it was able to be repaired back to working factory shape, was refurbished, scoured absolutely clean and wiped back to factory status, and then, if Nintendo operates a refurbished merchandise sales program, it was placed in there. If they don't, I'm not sure what they do with them aside from possibly recycle the parts, but absolutely it was not "given to anyone's kids or sold". Almost certainly with a deep breath and some logical thought, you would have arrived at this conclusion on your own.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Yes, but the question itself is inherently silly, because...

--you're overreacting in equally silly fashion here. A major corporation is not dumb enough to have taken a damaged system, refurbished it and then "gave it to their kids or sold it or something". No one is that dumb, much less a company that ostensibly intends to remain in business, as we assume Nintendo does.

Your system, if it was able to be repaired back to working factory shape, was refurbished, scoured absolutely clean and wiped back to factory status, and then, if Nintendo operates a refurbished merchandise sales program, it was placed in there. If they don't, I'm not sure what they do with them aside from possibly recycle the parts, but absolutely it was not "given to anyone's kids or sold". Almost certainly with a deep breath and some logical thought, you would have arrived at this conclusion on your own.

Uhm, so in simple words. I have nothing to worry about of changing passwords? Coz daddy just said about them getting into trouble IF they did sell it, nya~

MarcusKincaid

Uhm, so in simple words. I have nothing to worry about of changing passwords? Coz daddy just said about them getting into trouble IF they did sell it, nya~

In simple words if they did sell your other DS they've scrubbed it, you don't have to worry. That said when I usually sell or send anything in anywhere I make sure to logout, not because it's neccasary, but it just gives me that extra peace of mind that you could probably use right now with your imagination wandering.

It should also be said that even though Nintendo is a major corporation not all people that work for them always do what they're supposed to, so if you want to be absolutely sure, just change your password.

-

Computer companies around here and they are 'major' corporations have gotten into trouble for selling account information left on computers when trading it in or brought in for the store to transfer the data, sure it's not supposed to happen and things have been done against those who are doing it that it gets sorted out, but that doesn't make it any less of a headache if something were to happen to you, so I wouldn't put any stock in that you have ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry, about, but again you really don't have to worry, your dad is correct that if anything was done with your information or anything of the sort they'd be facing legal troubles.

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
In simple words if they did sell your other DS they've scrubbed it, you don't have to worry. That said when I usually sell or send anything in anywhere I make sure to logout, not because it's neccasary, but it just gives me that extra peace of mind that you could probably use right now with your imagination wandering.

It should also be said that even though Nintendo is a major corporation not all people that work for them always do what they're supposed to, so if you want to be absolutely sure, just change your password.

-

Computer companies around here and they are 'major' corporations have gotten into trouble for selling account information left on computers when trading it in or brought in for the store to transfer the data, sure it's not supposed to happen and things have been done against those who are doing it that it gets sorted out, but that doesn't make it any less of a headache if something were to happen to you, so I wouldn't put any stock in that you have ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry, about, but again you really don't have to worry, your dad is correct that if anything was done with your information or anything of the sort they'd be facing legal troubles.

Okay then, thanks :) I'll change my passwords even so. Hope they do format it coz I had to link my old Nintendo ID in my new 3DS. I heard ye can't link the same IDs in two consoles.

Had to redownload my games as well and restart the save files coz the Save data backup isn't there, nya~