• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Six Pack Attack! (347)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Six Pack Attack!

Back in Littleroot Town, Ash & Brock head off with Prof. Birch head to meet Professor Oak, however Oak gets to the lab on his own and meets up with May & Max. However Team Rocket manage to steal the 6 starter Pokémon. Will they get them back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
My Predicted Dub Titles:
Base Your Facts (Secret "Base")
Undergrounded For Life( TV Show: Grounded For Life)
Base The Music (Face the Music)

Thats all I can think of

Chris

Old Coot
"All Your Base" *shot*

Worth a shot, no? XD

S

Shiny May

a good episode. It resolved more around May, Max and prof. oak then around Ash. You don't really get to see much of prof. Birch
Funny how Max was impressed with Oak and how he treated the starter pokemon in the beginning and how they treated him.
Also never knew max was keeping pictures of professor Oak with him. They did come in handy when the camera was aimed on them and they had to get out of TR's trap
In the end also good teamwork between Ash and co and May and co who were behind the big steel Team Rocket door

V

vulpix

looks like a great episode i can't wait to actually watch it.i just love how profesor Oak came to Littleroot Town and brought a Bulbasaur,Squirtle,and Carmander.Max was so exited to see both the three starter pokemon or Kanto and Hoenn!it was funny how exited he still was even though Bulbasaur,Squirtle,and Charmander attacted him but it was kind of his fault in the first place.it was great how the pokemon obeyed him ahen they neaded to.i just love this episode.

I have high hopes for this episode. I read the synopsis, and it sounds promising. Only thing is WTF is with the title!?!?!?! If there's a pun in there, I'm missing it....Or, if it's just a regular title, the dubbers are going stupid on us.

SC~ out

Sheer Cold said:
I have high hopes for this episode. I read the synopsis, and it sounds promising. Only thing is WTF is with the title!?!?!?! If there's a pun in there, I'm missing it....Or, if it's just a regular title, the dubbers are going stupid on us.

SC~ out

I think it is a pun of something like this "A Profesional Reunion!" I think? sorry about spelling!

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
This sounds like a good episode. It'll be great to see Bulbasaur, Charmander, & Squirtle again. We haven't seen them on the anime in awhile. It's cool to have both the professors and all 6 starters together on one episode. Did anyone else notice how the two from Kanto (Ash & Brock) stayed with the Hoenn professor while the two from Hoenn (May & Max) stayed with the Kanto professor? I thought that was an ironic touch.

Trillian

The hoopy frood
Title change, anyone?

Curious, I just checked Tv Tome (they normally have the explaination of puns in the titles), and they had called it 'A Professor Reunion!' previously, but this is what it was called when I checked it: 'A Six Pack Attack!'

Tv Tome's always been relaible to me, although I've heard otherwise. This title is a lot easier to understand, and sounds more like what 4Kids would come up with. Maybe they really have changed its name.

[EDIT]...and it seems I'm the last to know! Was away when this news first came out, so I didn't catch on...[/EDIT]

Anyway, really looking forward to this episode. Oak's one of my favourite characters, so I'll be watching it once the UK schedule sorts itself out again.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
!

An all-around perfect episode. Just some minor clumsy mistakes (Oak called the Mechaloom a balloon) and that horribly cheesy group laugh at the end. An Oak's Haikus, but those have always been a problem.

Good to see that the old starter voices hold up (particularly Charmander's). Can't say too much for Jolteon. It sounded like it sneezed!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Great animation in this episode, this team of animators blow away the previous one. I wish they could animate every ep. They really need to fire the crappy set of animators, you can see how much more exciting everything is when the animation is good like today's ep.

Otherwise pretty good episode. Team Rocket was actually pretty smart today, I liked the fact that they had back-up traps just in case they escaped the first one. The Giovanni fire eyes thing had great animation too.

Also great to see Prof. Oak, and the Kanto starters again, it's been too long. Lots of other Kanto pokemon here too, I guess this episode came out in Japan when FR/LG were first coming out. This is the first ep. where May and Max met Prof. Oak face to face too.

I see May already likes Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Sure, it's a filler, but it's a good filler. Professor Oak returns, offering a good scene with Max, and we finally get to see Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle again. Seeing Max's reactions to the Kanto starters got a good laugh out of me, expecially the expressions on Charmander and Squirtle after Max squeezes their faces. The structure of this episode was even interesting, as it showcased a few Pokémon we don't see as often anymore (Zubat, Poliwrath, Dugtrio, etc.)

On the dubbing side of things, I notice 4Kids removed the bottom of Jessie, James, and Meowth's wine glasses. Didn't really make a difference, though, since it's obvious the three of them are still drunk off their asses - and the reading by Rachel Lillis, Eric Stuart, and Addie Blaustein was hilarious in that scene. I miss the awesome song that played during the attempt to knock down the door, but what are you gonna do? At least Poochyena (which I still believe should be pronounced "poo-chai-EE-nuh", since it's obviously derived from "hyena") kept its Japanese voice.

It took me a while to realize that Jessie, James, and Meowth were blasting off in the shape of an R. At least they're keeping it fresh.

Ultimately, a fine episode, with some high quality animation that left "Balance of Power" in the dust. Definitely one of the better fillers.

Great episode! Max's abuse of the Kanto Starters was HILARIOUS, as was the teenaged Giovanni in Meowth's fantasy! May bonded well with Bulbasaur, and it seemed kinda obvious she'd be getting one next week-end. Prof. Birch AND Oak had great voices, but in the TC, Jolteon's voice was ABYSMAL! Here's hoping we never see Jolteon in a Hoenn episode.
TR got drunk? Wow, I thought 4Kids would edit that out........
I found it weird that in the cave, every time the trio encountered trouble, the right Pokémon was there to assist. Oh well........
Lots of Kanto Pokémon returned in this episode! Even though I don't like them much, that's still good to see!
Hm, a Skarmory perched on a rock. [SPOIL]Might that be the one that carries May away next episode? If so, nice idea, writers![/SPOIL]

Overall rating:
9.8 out of 10!!!!
Truly one of the best fillers Hoenn has given us, and a great introduction to Bulbasaur in general.

SC~ out

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
First Review

Serebii said:
A Six Pack Attack!

Back in Littleroot Town, Ash & Brock head off with Prof. Birch head to meet Professor Oak, however Oak gets to the lab on his own and meets up with May & Max. However Team Rocket manage to steal the 6 starter Pokémon. Will they get them back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
;150; It look like I'm start thing off in this review.

I miss the first 12 min off the show so I beat myself up for that. What I caught was Max, May, and Profssor Oak club out of the cage. It was cool to see may and max on professor oak's shoulders. Oh yeah i forgotten James and Jeesy are drink in this episode, that was cool because the old eugoh to drink right. But don't drink and drive kids.

It was a good episode. But why did the call it A Six Pack Attack! I think the name of a A Profesional Reunion! sounded nice.

Bad Stuff - Like the name of it,
and the fact that the last three line of TR's motto said like, who want I talk about James, James's voice sound like Seto. It oh okay Eric, I sure everybody not to upset about it.

All and all it was a good show, for what I seen of it I catch the begin or the first 12 min, friday. Yami's Rate: 8 out 10. Because I very did not see the whole thing.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Jesse GS the II said:
At least Poochyena (which I still believe should be pronounced "poo-chai-EE-nuh", since it's obviously derived from "hyena") kept its Japanese voice.
You'll be happy to know that Poochyena has had its 'Japanese' Voice since the very beginning. That's not the least bit surprising, as 4Kids! tends to not dub the dog Pokemon.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why is everyone so surprised at Jolteons voice? That was Jolteons official voice since the Orange Island episode where the guy had to round up Magnemite and Magneton. It's been the same ever since.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Cybercubed said:
Why is everyone so surprised at Jolteons voice? That was Jolteons official voice since the Orange Island episode where the guy had to round up Magnemite and Magneton. It's been the same ever since.
I'm not saying I'm surprised, I'm saying it sounded like it had a cold when trying to shout the classic "JOLT!!". Kind of like when they had the Weezing in TC, but not to that extent.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Some funny stuff:

Ash, Brock, & Pikachu: Ahh!!!
Prof. Birch: A good friend of mine lives just up this road! It shouldn't be too much longer!
Ash: You're actually callin' this a road? All I see are a bunch of roooaaaaahhhhhh!!!
Pikachu: Pi-KAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!