• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Slippery Encounter! (858)

LizardonX

Banned
I expected boring TR ep with a 5 second capture at the end.

I got a boring TR ep with a capture at the end.

I'll give a point for chespin

4/10.

Eeveegan

That damn Bide was the strongest DBZ moment I've ever seen.

Jesus Christ our gooey homie completely went Exodia and obliterated Team Rocket. It even hit the Ghost-type Pumpkaboo

Homie? HOMIE? Seriously, could you be appropriating AAVE (for all you racists who don't follow my blog, that's african american vernacular english) any more racistly? No, I didn't think so. What's next, the n word?

nuzamaki90

Homie? HOMIE? Seriously, could you be appropriating AAVE (for all you racists who don't follow my blog, that's african american vernacular english) any more racistly? No, I didn't think so. What's next, the n word?

Saying homie is racist?

What a load of crock. Homie.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review, although I only watched the raw version.

Pros:
* Stork-drop-baby 'symbolism' - top kek
* As much as I detest final form Barney, Goomy was hilarious and adorable
* Ash's cliff run - top kek
* Like last episode, Ash seemed less bland than what some people accuse him of during XY
* Clemont's invention was interesting and useful
* Ariados Attack Team
* TR was better in this episode in the fact the show literally acknowledged them as comedy by giving them a comedy routine; also dat evil face
* Goomy's moveset

Cons:
* TR made this episode beyond predictable
* TR's kidnapping routine #1739

Thoughts:
* So that obviously explains why Dedenne is getting focus next episode
* So Pokemon do hunt based on what was seen on TV? That's what that Ariados raid was, rigjt?

Anyway, Goomy and its interactions with the group was great.

8/10

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Wow I wasn't expecting ash to get a goomy! That made my night when I saw it yesterday!

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Did Goomy pee itself?

Seriously, that yellow-green stuff might not be Goo...

That scene is getting so censored...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Goomy grew on me quickly. It's so cute. I like the relationship it seems to have with Ash. It's almost paternal.

sweetbbydoll

Wishing upon a star~
I had predicted that Ash was going to capture Goomy after just watching the teaser trailer, looking forward to it's character development. At least his Pokemon get better scene time.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Did Goomy pee itself?

Seriously, that yellow-green stuff might not be Goo...

That scene is getting so censored...

Censored in what dub? The English dub won't censor that haha, it's too minor and a nice way to show off Goomy's cowardness.

When Goomy evolves into Goodra, his battles are going to be so one-sided...

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
This episode was really interesting imo, and I actually really loved Goomy in this episode. It's just so ridiculously adorable as it stands, Goomy was really really adorable! It seemed to get along quite well with Ash, and I found it really cute how it nibbled people's ears or such when they were right about what was on Goomy's mind. Goomy I guess isn't so much weak but rather very fearful from what I'm seeing and it's extremely shaken by Dedenne and the Ariados, and it appears to be very easily exhausted and dehydrated causing it to become really weak. I love how Ash caught it and I'd love to see more out of Goomy, it's quite the cutie (you know, long before this episode was even known of, I had a feeling Ash would catch a Goomy, lol!).

Now the only problem is...when this thing does become a Goodra, I'm kind of worried, because a pseudo-legendary in the anime seems...you know...overpowered. (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, and Hydreigon have all been depicted in the anime as extremely powerful and able to dominate most matches). At the very least though, we might see a lot of Goodra hugging Ash and friends when that does come, and that will be amusing to see! And I like Goodra a lot so yeah.

calvinhobbesliker

Now the only problem is...when this thing does become a Goodra, I'm kind of worried, because a pseudo-legendary in the anime seems...you know...overpowered. (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, and Hydreigon have all been depicted in the anime as extremely powerful and able to dominate most matches). At the very least though, we might see a lot of Goodra hugging Ash and friends when that does come, and that will be amusing to see! And I like Goodra a lot so yeah.

Hmm, is Ash dominating matches such a bad thing? It would be nice for him to win the league this time around...

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I would have preferred Ash doing parkor or something but him doing heroic aerial splits is ok too. I was hoping that someone would catch the Goomy.

Vernikova

Champion
Goomy was so cute. And that's really it, but it's enough for me.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Goomy was so cute. And that's really it, but it's enough for me.
For some reason, I didn't really think Goomy's dub voice was really that cute compared to its original VA

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This episode had an actual good writing. I just liked most of the funny moments: Goomy doing no dance to make a rain cloud appear on Serena, Clemont's invention actually being a lot more relevant and just exploding without the shining lights, Team Rocket suddenly going crazy at their meal, Team Rocket somehow realizing Pikachu was slimy to get out of the cage, James's chase scene, the other good trio getting caught up in a rope again...

I also liked how wasted bad Pikachu and Fletchinder looked like when under confusion.

And Goomy has an interesting development route. Hope we see it soon.

Good for you, Serena! You're so ready for your debut!

Oh sweet little girl. You're so not going to like it at all...