• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Slippery Encounter! (858)

This was a pretty good episode. I found Goomy to be hilarious and cute, especially when it uses Rain Dance.

thetamale

Goomy was cute. The bug type war was interesting, hopefully it's not one of those once fully evolved reclaims its home stories. No releases, please.

Also is it me or was Fletchling the only one of Ash's Kalos Pokemon actually caught in a proper battle, all of the others seem to have volunteered.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This was an intriguing episode.

Goomy has a shy personality and I can't wait to see how this develops now it is with Ash. It's voice sounds really weird at the moment but I'm sure I will get used to it. Also, I want to see how Ash will utilise Bide.

Team Rocket were great this episode, especially with the meal scene.

Great episode, it seems we are in a streak of notable episodes at the moment. On to the next one!

Pokegirl0102

Goomy voice is not as bad you people making it out to be, it fits the way his personality is to perfection and thanks for spoiling how long it will remain a Goomy as well -____-, the part of the episode that really had me cracking up was when Meowth had mocked the boss.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yeah Goomy's dub voice is pretty bad lol, surely they could have found someone more fitting...

Ugh, Goomy's dub voice was really grating...fortunately, I only have to listen to it for 6 episodes...
Inb4 the same guy does Sliggoo's voice as well.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Team Rocket were insane this episode and I mean that in a good way XD. Hoping this is not Gible 2.0 with it not mastering a good move till the league. Love how they go the extra mile wit the pokemon voices with thinking about it and doing it over how 4kids just did it. (No idea how japan does it since I can't really stand most jpn stuff) I doubt it was a reference but I liked the Dangan Ronpa part

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Team Rocket's impressions picnic was incredible. Return of the fourth wall breaking and then Meowth speaks in Giovanni's exact voice.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Team Rocket's impressions picnic was incredible. Return of the fourth wall breaking and then Meowth speaks in Giovanni's exact voice.

The Team Rocket parts were the best

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Goomy was cute. The bug type war was interesting, hopefully it's not one of those once fully evolved reclaims its home stories. No releases, please.

Also is it me or was Fletchling the only one of Ash's Kalos Pokemon actually caught in a proper battle, all of the others seem to have volunteered.
I don't know, Hawlucha could partly be considered being caught in a proper battle since it battled with Froakie and tied before Ash asked it to come with him

Vipsoccermaster

That was a good episode, and had its good moments. Goomy was pretty cute, too. Nice to see Ash capturing it.

This episode had an actual good writing. I just liked most of the funny moments: Goomy doing no dance to make a rain cloud appear on Serena, Clemont's invention actually being a lot more relevant and just exploding without the shining lights, Team Rocket suddenly going crazy at their meal, Team Rocket somehow realizing Pikachu was slimy to get out of the cage, James's chase scene, the other good trio getting caught up in a rope again...

I also liked how wasted bad Pikachu and Fletchinder looked like when under confusion.

And Goomy has an interesting development route. Hope we see it soon.
Well said, AuraChannelerChris. I agree with everything here. A couple of those parts you mentioned were really funny, especially the Team Rocket parts.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I do wonder if this was his last capture and his final slot will be taken by an old Pokemon that can mega evolve.

As for Goomy I do hope it is as strong as Gible.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Love how they go the extra mile wit the pokemon voices with thinking about it and doing it over how 4kids just did it. (No idea how japan does it since I can't really stand most jpn stuff) I doubt it was a reference but I liked the Dangan Ronpa part

Seriously? I always believed that it was 4kids VA that went the extra mile in voicing the Pokemon AND the humans. They were by far the most unique and creative during the series' run, whereas PUSA VA feels like they dont bother at all, they're just there to get a paycheck

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Seriously? I always believed that it was 4kids VA that went the extra mile in voicing the Pokemon AND the humans. They were by far the most unique and creative during the series' run, whereas PUSA VA feels like they dont bother at all, they're just there to get a paycheck

The 4Kids VAs were worse in that regard, except Dan Green.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

This 100%.

It's very rare that I like the PUSA voices. They seem to focus more on saying the entire name of a Pokemon, rather than actually putting effort into a creative cry..

Plus we're stuck with effortless human voices.. like literally so effortless that a VA will make two different characters sound exactly the same Mars and Korrina..

4kids may have had their flaws, like major flaws where they often completely changed parts of the script and binned any parts that could be considered remotely violent or upsetting, but PUSA could learn a thing or two from them about Pokemon cries.. and openings, for that matter.

Regardless of all that though, I enjoyed this episode and have grown to like Goomy whilst watching the raw episodes, so I can't complain too much..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
PUSA VA feels like they dont bother at all, they're just there to get a paycheck

Michael Liscio Jr.'s child Clemont's voice immediately comes to mind...

He's not a bad actor at all but holy f*** that voiced felt halfas*ed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Goomy voice is not as bad you people making it out to be, it fits the way his personality is to perfection and thanks for spoiling how long it will remain a Goomy as well -____-, the part of the episode that really had me cracking up was when Meowth had mocked the boss.

I disagree about Goomy's English voice; I heard it was bad so I actually watched part of the dub for once and I loathed the voice he was given. :x

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The 4Kids VAs were worse in that regard, except Dan Green.
At least the 4Kids Team Rocket didn't constantly speak in rhymes

Anyway, as far as Goomy's voice, it's not so much that it's bad in general because I do like the little gurgle sound the VA occasionally made. It just bothered me that they took Goomy from sounding like a cute, adorable infant, and made it sound like a middle-aged man talking with a high-pitched voice. They could've at least used a female VA to play the part

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
this 100%.

It's very rare that i like the pusa voices. They seem to focus more on saying the entire name of a pokemon, rather than actually putting effort into a creative cry..

Plus we're stuck with effortless human voices.. Like literally so effortless that a va will make two different characters sound exactly the same mars and korrina..

4kids may have had their flaws, like major flaws where they often completely changed parts of the script and binned any parts that could be considered remotely violent or upsetting, but pusa could learn a thing or two from them about pokemon cries.. And openings, for that matter.

100% right with you!!!