• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A solution to cloning!

pokemistress

Real-life Gothorita
I know cloning is honest.. kinda. It's not cheating but it's still wrong. Like if you say to a child "Hey i'm gonna get you a really big icecream and it's gonna be great" and then you go "actually i'm not. ha!"
it's not against the law but it's still wrong!

Leebui

Questionable...
Not sure what you meant there. I know it's a game but it's my favourite game and i want it to still be good. I don't have a huge big social life and when pokemon goes wifi it'll be a chance for me to make lots of good friends and i can't wait... but i really don't want to see it destroyed by greedy people exploiting a glitch. although mew is my favourite pokemon i've never had one, i'd love to have one and i know if cloning is allowed in trading it'll be easy to get one but i want wifi to be honest and fun.

Nothing can really be "honest and fun" all at the same time anymore. People will exploit things, take it to their advantage, and so fourth. As for greedy people, you think everyone on Wi-Fi with a promo Pokemon is going to ask you to send a payment to Paypal prior to trading? I think not. You'll just have to live with the fact that things like this will always occur, so you have to adapt. Besides, I support cloning to an extent, but I'm not going to use it to make money off Wi-Fi, it's going to be shady enough without me. So, if you must get something for free, I'm always iover in that corner doing math homework. :p

No, it isnt. It's like saying "Hey friend, you live in Italy and can't get a Shiny Mew? Here I'll clone you 30 and you can give them to your friends."

-Judai

pokemistress

Real-life Gothorita
People can be nice without cloning!
With cloning it's inevitable that nobody's going to want any pokemon
except really amazing ones.. Why get a mew with bad stats when you can get a mew with good stats? Eventually it'll just be a handful of pokemon that everyone will have... That's not going to be fun. Even if nobody charges using paypal (i don't think anyone who tries will get far... who's going to pay for something you can get for free?) it'll still be swamped with cloned pokemon. The only problem i have with that is that i'll be able to get a mew really easily, there'll be an infinite number out there. And when i get it i won't be happy. If i have to spend ages finding a nice shiny then getting it good EV's to trade for a mew i'll have worked for it and it'll be way more satisfying. Is nobody else with me that cloning is going to bad for dp?

Leebui

Questionable...
People can be nice without cloning!
With cloning it's inevitable that nobody's going to want any pokemon
except really amazing ones.. Why get a mew with bad stats when you can get a mew with good stats? Eventually it'll just be a handful of pokemon that everyone will have... That's not going to be fun. Even if nobody charges using paypal (i don't think anyone who tries will get far... who's going to pay for something you can get for free?) it'll still be swamped with cloned pokemon. The only problem i have with that is that i'll be able to get a mew really easily, there'll be an infinite number out there. And when i get it i won't be happy. If i have to spend ages finding a nice shiny then getting it good EV's to trade for a mew i'll have worked for it and it'll be way more satisfying. Is nobody else with me that cloning is going to bad for dp?

Cloning is bad, but again, everyone who can will exploit it, and you can't do anything about pretty much I'm afraid. If you don't like the idea of clones swamping Wi-Fi, then don't play. If you want to play, you have to live with possibilities of Wi-Fi being taken over by clones. If you don't, then you have to live with the boredom of only playing the normal RPG. One way or another, it's your choice not ours.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I "need" mew and celebi and all the other pokemon i can't get because i can't go to events as much as anyone else. and it sucks, it's heartbreaking to know that if you lived in the us you could get all these cool super rare pokemon at events where you get to meet other trainers...
BUT
I believe that things should be fair, it won't be any fun if EVERYONE has all the Mews and Celebis etc. also it won't be long til everyone has shiny mews and celebis. Already in the cloning thread people are talking about how much money they will make... THat's not what pokemon is about! CLoning would be fine if it meant each person could get a mew... but it won't mean that because people are greedy, there'll be people with lots and lots and everything that's special about them now will go.

Maybe for pokemon with the same id number (i thought they all had different ones) you'd have a way of registering, and you're only allowed to register one per account (or savegame) would that work?

Not everyone is greedy. I need them purely because I want to complete my pokedex and train ALL the pokemon up with decent movesets, whether shiny or not I couldn't give a ratictaes swearword.
Doesn't mean i'll be using him, in fact, I don't use legendaries and the likes.
I agree that they won't be special if everyone has a shiny, but i don't care if it's shiny or polka dot brown, I need Mew to complete my dex and that's all.
there are greedy people, yes, but it'd be uinfair on those of us who couldn't get them if they stopped cloned trades because of greedy people.
they shold have online events where you can get the pokemon. Once per cart, unless via soem horrible glitchyness it goes missing...(which theywould be able to check if you'd released/traded w/e it).
and they wouldn't provide them to hacked carts. That would be abetter solution to the greedy problem, one cart, one Mew and one celebi etc etc etc.
That's jsu tmy oppinion.

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
All I hope is that someone won't infect the whole system with a sharked shiny mew that will delete your game, that would be REALLY bad.

pokemistress

Real-life Gothorita
You can clone so you'll always be able to clone on your emerald cart unless they come to your house and fix the glitch (...which they won't) so if you get a mew you can clone it and trade it in the normal way to your friends. just on wifi it will be swamped. Internet events are a VERY good idea! they take away the "need" for cloning. They could be part of my plan:
I want to think up a system (with help from other people coz i'm pretty dumb) that makes it possible to freely trade using wifi any pokemon you like EXCEPT ones that are clones. It'll be hard but i'm sure if we think about it we can come up with a solution.

If you think that wifi would be better without clones (regardless of what you think is possible) please pm me, i'm making a club so maybe we can stop clones, or at least give them a bad name like hacked pokemon have and like ubers are getting.
xx thankyou

Black Widow

The secret personality wouldn't work because it's not assigned to each Pokemon, but to the trainer. It's put into the game to generate shinies and mirage island.

Leebui

Questionable...
You can clone so you'll always be able to clone on your emerald cart unless they come to your house and fix the glitch (...which they won't) so if you get a mew you can clone it and trade it in the normal way to your friends. just on wifi it will be swamped. Internet events are a VERY good idea! they take away the "need" for cloning. They could be part of my plan:
I want to think up a system (with help from other people coz i'm pretty dumb) that makes it possible to freely trade using wifi any pokemon you like EXCEPT ones that are clones. It'll be hard but i'm sure if we think about it we can come up with a solution.

If you think that wifi would be better without clones (regardless of what you think is possible) please pm me, i'm making a club so maybe we can stop clones, or at least give them a bad name like hacked pokemon have and like ubers are getting.
xx thankyou

The problem with identifying clones is that they have the exact data as the real Pokemon, which would make it impossible to tell what is real and is not. The system has nothing to work with to decide what is real and what is not, at least in terms of GBA Pokemon. As for internet events, not everyone has access to Wi-Fi, again, another flaw. Please don't even bring up the horrid idea of doing promotions for past event Pokemon again, that totally screws the reason for events like the Mew event if they're just going to give away other Mews and say the TRU Mew is a piece of crap now...

Clones can gain a bad reputation for all I care, but it's difficult to know what's a clone and what's not if you're not sitting right next to them.

pokemistress

Real-life Gothorita
But even if they are identical surely the computer can figure out "hey, there are two pokemon exactly the same with the same id number and the same hidden values, there isn't supposed to be, this has been cloned"
a more sophisticated version of my first post should work.

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
I don't care, I want a Mew, I don't care if its an original or clone, I just want one, And bisides, is cloning gonna kill ya? Noooo... I say... Let the people clone!

~~;444; "Aye Aye Nin!"

pokemistress

Real-life Gothorita
But it'll take ALL the fun out of the game. The fun in pokemon is to train your team to be able to progress through the game and then catch all the pokemon. with clones you'll be able to fill your pokedex with lvl100 everythings as soon as you can trade...
I REALLY want a mew too but i don't want one if i have to get a clone one which ruins all the fun.