• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A SoulSilver Team?

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
Hey guys, Ive decided to replay SoulSilver again, but it didnt work well last time. I honestly have no idea where to begin in this game. Can you tell me what starter I should use, and a team that can back it up? Believe you me, a Beedrill or a Shuckle aint gonna cut it. Ive used the ones with the best stats too, but my team was mediocre at best. HAAAAALP!

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Well start with the fire one cnydaquil. Does well against most of the early gyms and levels up like crazy in the sprout tower have a water absorb wopper and a Marrep and the rest of the game will be easy. Really you only need those three for most of the game as they make up you core pokemon and levelled up enough in game they will serve you will.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
I tried a quagsire once, didn't do it for me. I guess my ivs were bad cause even over leveled it was dying all the time. Ampharos was fairly decent last I used it. Thanks though

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
What did your previous team consist of? What were their movesets, natures, and items? Maybe backtracking might help.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
What did your previous team consist of? What were their movesets, natures, and items? Maybe backtracking might help.

Typhlosion
Eruption
Brick Break
Rollout
Double Edge

Ampharos
Thunder
Power Jem
Thunderpunch
Signal Beam

Quagsire
Waterfall
Earthquake
Slam
Rock Smash

Gengar
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Steelix
Iron Tail
Crunch
Stone Edge
Dragon Breath

Gyarados
Aqua Tail
Ice Fang
Bite
Hyper Beam

Lost 20 times to Clair, then Lance, then eventually Red. They all had horrible natures(cant remember them), i didnt take advantage of stats, I was underleveled through most of the game. Ampharos and Typhlosion were the only ones that I could truly rely on. By the time I was at the Elite 4, my pokemon were like near level 35, had no good items and no Ev training. Honestly I was suprised I even completed the game. Cant remember the details though, I already deleted the file

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
I usually level around 4 pokemon when completing the game.

I too suggest using cyndaquil. Typhlosion is very powerful. I also used an Ampharos and Gengar. Remember that all three of these pokemon want special moves, but use moves that give them coverage.

I rounded out my team with Gyarados. A DD Gyarados can effectively sweep the entire E4 with this set.

Gyarados

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Bite

Just take advantage of gyarados's intimidate and you'll win handily

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ Gyarados wants Ice Fang > Ice Beam and Earthquake > Bite ti take better advantage of DD.

Typhloion can effectively use a Mixed set if you feel like you need more Physical balance , with Flamethrower / Focus Miss / Thunderpunch / Shadow Claw.

CAMO

??? Trainer
I suggest if you go with typhlosion then use this moveset I havent really tried it completely competitive but here it is:
Eruption(great power at beginning)
Lava plume(great power and STAB)
Sunny day(powers up fire type moves and speeds up solarbeam)
Solarbeam(covers most of typhlosions weaknesses)
(Note this is a special attacking set)

Seredin

This is for rating. Not team building...look in a team building forum.

CAMO

??? Trainer
Oh sorry just a little new here but thanks for the info