• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Sound Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading through another thread and Sweet Pinpuku proposed the idea of a type based entirely on sound... certain Pokemon, like Exploud, or Jigglypuff, or Chatot seem to be very much based around sounds... what do you think? By the way, credit for this goes to Sweet Pinpuku.

razor fire

and the opposite of the sound type is?

I don't agree with it at all. As razor fire suggests, what is there to counteract its typing?

There's no reason to create a sound type, since the creators, if wanted to make a sound type, would make it EXTREMELY similiar to normal type, which would pretty much be a waste :/

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
..No..Making another type just to apply with older pokemon aren't usefull...

Sound doesn't seem like a viable type. There would be too many types also if types were created based on what a Pokemon used often.

Grei

not the color
I dunno, I kind of like it.

Sound Type
Strong Against: Fighting, Psychic, Bug*, Steel (Fighting and Psychic are both human-related elements, and sound could interrupt the focus of Fighting and Psychic types. Sound on Steel causes reverberation--enough sound can cause it to shift.)
Weak Against: Electric, Ground, Rock (The sound of thunder would drown out any sound, so Electric. As for Ground and Rock, sound doesn't go through those substances very well, and usually just bounces off of them.)
No effectiveness against: Ghost, Bug*

Thing is, I don't know where Bug would go. Some studies are saying there are sound repellents for bugs, but otherwise, I don't think it'd be effective.

So, depending on how you looked at it, the Bug type would end up either being weak to Sound or not affected by Sound.

But yeah, it could work. Really now, people, all you had to do is think about it for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.