• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Standard Rain S-CRMT

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Spr_5b_186_m.png
Spr_5b_242.png
Spr_5b_114.png
Spr_5b_647.png
Spr_5b_373.png
Spr_5b_212_m.png

_____________________​

Spr_5b_186_m.png

Politoed @ Life Orb
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic/Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Politoed really does wreck face against anyone that isn't faster or isn't Blissey. Max speed is
obvious when LO makes up for power. Makes for a lot of good clutch KOs.

Spr_5b_242.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Blissey is the crux of the team, spreads toxic and wish support and together with Tangela
make for two defensive pivots that only really fear the random acrobatics+choice band scizor.
Problems with substitute Gengar if my scizor is down though.

Spr_5b_114.png

Tangela @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Physical attackers have no hope in taking out Tangela without a couple swords dances,
and this set makes it impossible to set up or tank for long.
Blissey+Tangela are responsible for 80% of KOs.

Spr_5b_647.png

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bulky sweeper, usually comes in on a low damage tank like Jellicent and then proceed to get at least on CM
off and then sweep like a madman. That uncompromising mixed sweeping, 108 base speed and not being afraid
of intimidate/burns makes keldeo the most reliable sweeper on the team.

Spr_5b_373.png

Salamence @ Shell Bell
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Usually comes in to force a switch (feign scarf) and then proceed to use dragon dance and
snowball a sweep after whittling down their tanks and sweepers with Toxic stalling.
Shell bell helps since at x3 - 4 damage it'll be healing more and it heals right after I attack, in case I don't 1HKO.

Spr_5b_212_m.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

CB Scizor isn't all that common anymore, but he's incredibly good for trapping squishy psychics
without HP Fire or bullet punching anything squishy. 1HKO most Mamoswine/Weavile I encounter
so Salamence can go be a janitor.

edit: If everyone on the other team runs U-turn I'm screwed.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
and I thought you left.

Anyways, the Team. Probably the best Team I've seen around here in months. CM Keldeo can sweep your entire Team, if it's all that common. It can set up on Blissey or Scizor locked into the wrong Move, although if you can set up with Salamence it shouldn't be a problem. Latios + Magnezone also seems somehwat annoying, as Mag traps Scizor and KOes, which allows Latios to KO your entire Team with the right move. This is speaking from Competitive experience on Simulators, so these things may not be common on Wifi.

Generally, Chansey is a better wall than Blissey, due to Eviolite. Althouh, since Tangela is holding it, I can see why you'd run Blissey. You could run Thunder Wave > Toxic on Blissey to handle faster Threats and easily revenge them. Although, like you said, your Team's winning condiion is Blissey + Tangela stall.

Suicune could run Scald > Hydro Pump for the burn chance, which adds some residual damage to the table, and provides you with higher Accuracy, although Hydro Pump nets you extra KOes. Substitute is an option on it too, for easier set up, and to block status which will make your sweep short.

Anyways, I can't add much other than that, solid Team, +1 for running Tangela instead of Skarmory or Ferrothorn yo. I'm kind of tired, so sorry if I missed some things.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
I come back sometimes.

It's common enough I need to get rid of it, so I might have to go with LO > Band on Scizor, which makes me weak to Magnezone. I'd have to have max hp to even hope to take a specs HP Fire even in the rain. ((89.21 - 104.95%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO) I'm guaranteed to 1HKO with a CB Super Power though, so the chances are pretty decent for me if I don't have residual damage. You think it's worth going LO? It'll mean magnezone'll be killing scizor instead of keldeo wiping everyone I guess.

Mind you, I've not really paid attention to the 5th gen pokemon but damn, keldeo's probably a much better contender than suicune atm. I'll run a few rounds with keldeo and see how it goes.

I actually started out with eviolite chansey, but the lack of leftovers is really detrimental. It forces me to use softboiled > wish because I'll need the regen right away, if you know what I mean. The whole team really just needs that insane amount of sustainability to really shine if a moxie sweep is cut short. You're right though, I do need paralysis somewhere on the team, maybe over stun spore > sleep powder because clauses OP? I'm kind of worried that people will abuse the fact that they can block my toxic if they send in a paralyzed health tank or something though.

I'm kind of iffy on suicune atm, a little too slow for me. I really do have trouble against hyper aggressive teams though, and suicune usually ends up not contributing because it's hard to stay in. At least keldeo can go in for the one-shot wonder because he's faster.

Haha thanks, all in honour of Purple_tangrowth..

edit: Keldeo's in.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
You can stick with the Band too, since CB Scizor usually spams U-turn to avoide being trapped and to grab momentum. Basically, you switch to Blissey / Keldeo and they are forced to switch again, which keeps them on their toes. tho imo, if you go with LO, you might as well run SD with max Spe. That way, you're guaranteed to OHKO after a boost. You'll also outspeed non-Scarfed Magnezone, and if they run a Scarf they can't OHKO iirc. Sustainibility may be a problem, so Roost is an option somewhere.

Keldeo is an excellent Rain Sweeper, with Specs or CM. Be sure that you eliminate Tentacruel / Jellicent before you sweep however, as they wall you so ****ing badly. Tenta is beatable, although you'd need +3 Secret Sword for a 2HKO iirc. Or maybe it's +2. Icy Wind is an option instead of Hidden Power [Ice], for an faster switch-ins like the Lati2s. It's weaker than Hidden Power [Ice] but it also stops Dragonite from getting a free DD on you.

Chansey gets worn down fairly easily, through status, hazards and Sandstorm. And yea, if you run Wish, you'd most likely need Protect to ensure you're healed. Nah, I'd say go with Sleep Powder, the sleep mechanics this Gen are OP. It's basically a free KO, lol.

Have you tried CroCune? I know you're running Keldeo now, but that thing is hard to take down once it's set up. RestTalk ftw.