• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Stealthy Challenge! (855)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ninja Art Showdown! Frogadier VS Barbarcle!!

While heading to Coumarine City, Ash & co. meet up with their old friend Sanpei, saving him after an injury during training. They learn that Sanpei was attacked by a masked ninja when on a mission to deliver a scroll to a mansion. Deciding to help, Ash & Co. join Sanpei on his mission, but soon the masked ninja appears and challenges them for a battle. During the battle, something happens with Froakie. Will Ash & co. be able to deliver the scroll?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. seeing Sanpei and his Greninja floating down a river.

Ash helps them out of the river and back onto land.

Ash then uses his Pokedex on Greninja.

He realises that it has evolved from when it was a Frogadier.

A stream of water then shows up near the group.

After the water disappears, a ninja wearing a Shiftry mask and his Barbaracle reveal themselves.

Ash's Froakie tries to attack the Barbaracle, but it loses pretty quickly.

I think the man in the Shiftry mask disappears again.

Ash and co. (including Sanpei and his Greninja) are now in a forest.

There is a flashback to when Sanpei and his Greninja battled the masked man and his Barbaracle.

Sanpei lost the battle and he and Greninja fell into the river.

Clemont shows off a new invention.

The invention is a set of target practice boards, that look like the whole group.

Team Rocket are walking through a forest and come across Clemont's invention.

One of them kicks it and then it explodes.

They are all on the ground, hurt from the explosion.

Dare Da? Barbaracle.

Ash and co. are walking along a wooden ledge along a cliff, with Froakie and Greninja.

Clemont is crawling and eventually falls and then Serena falls too.

They are saved by Froakie and I think Greninja too, I'm not sure. I only saw Froakie saving Clemont.

The group then goes into a cave that is full of Goldbat that start to attack them.

Greninja then uses Smokescreen to let the group escape, which they do.

One of the Air Slash attacks almost hits Clemont.

The group are outside of the cave now and then the masked ninja and his Barbaracle show up.

Ash and Sanpei use their Froakie and Greninja to attack Barbaracle.

Froakie and Greninja both use Double Team I think.

Pikachu also helps out.

Team Rocket eventually blast off and then the Ash and Sanpe continue to battle the masked ninja.

Ash's Froakie is trapped under a pile of rocks and Barbaracle comes towards him with Poison Jab.

Froakie then evolves into Frogadier with a big blue explosion and it is now freed.

Frogadier battles Barbaracle and uses Aerial Ace and does quite well.

The masked ninja and Barbaracle then disappear as leaves circle around them in a tornado fashion.

As the sun sets, the masked ninja and Barbaracle appear again in front of Ash and co.

We learn that the masked ninja protected Clemont inside that cave.

Serena, Clemont and Bonnie are really happy with Frogadier and he then gets embarrassed.

The episode ends with a shot of Frogadier and Greninja.

To be continued.

Team Rocket show up also and try to capture some Pokemon.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Team Rocket are walking through a forest and come across Clemont's invention.

One of them kicks it and then it explodes.

LOL do they seriously have nothing left to do anymore? They really have to stop shoving Team Plot Device into episodes for no apparent reason :p

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Frogadier keeps Cut.

And seems like Sanpei's Greninja dropped Water Pulse or Bubble in favour of Double Team and Water Shuriken (the other 2 moves it used were Quick Attack and Smokescreen).

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, did it forget Bubble? I don't see it forgetting Double Team anytime soon.

Based on the previews for future episodes, we already know that it keeps Double Team, Water Pulse.

The question was which one it would drop in favour of Aerial Ace between Cut and Bubble. And since it used Cut, the answer is clear as to which one it dropped.

NPT

Just a member
Geez, this gotta be the dumbest TR appearance ever.

LMFAO Greninja saved Serena with it's tongue

It would've been better if Ash used Hawlucha to save her, but oh well. I'm glad there wasn't any Geekchicshipping moment in this episode.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Sanpei's Greninja looked awesome and his facial expressions were funny. Also I really like Frogadier's voice.

Frogadier's Aerial Ace was outstanding animation-wise